IGNORED

Cotts After Match On Radio Bristol

Major Isewater

Sorry, heard it now. I thought it was a pretty good interview. If he didn't grovel to the media, all the better; they have an inflated idea of their own importance, anyway. He's set his stall out to play creative football, and good luck to him.

The match stats bear out what he said - Wolves were the better team, but not by a great margin - see http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/25789720

Sorry, heard it now. I thought it was a pretty good interview. If he didn't grovel to the media, all the better; they have an inflated idea of their own importance, anyway. He's set his stall out to play creative football, and good luck to him.

The match stats bear out what he said - Wolves were the better team, but not by a great margin - see http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/25789720

What he said was we dominated long periods and played very well. We didn't.

Upon second listening it didn't sound as bad as first impressions, I like the fact he has a clear vision of how he wants the team to play and further more what he wants and no doubt demands of his players.

All more enlightening than over analysing just todays defeat.

Problem I have and the issue that stuck in my mind was the way he chose to respond to questions relating to transfer activity, in fairness if it was  on camera he may have had a big smile on his face and been having a bit of a jest but that doesn't come across in audio only and left listeners with the impression that he wanted to belittle the interviewers legitimate enquiry with smart arsed dismissive responses.

Could do better PR wise to leave that sort of attitude to the Colins &  Holloways of this world.

Believe Mr Cotts is genuinely passionate about what he intends this club to be..... & I think he'll achieve it to.

I like him.

Just don't make enemies of the press though, you'll never win.

i like what he was saying! and i agree that his style of football is better! its the way that he was saying it! He made the guy interviewing him feel like an idiot, and there was just no need for it.

I am 100% certain if i met you in the street and spoke to you in that way you would tell your mates that i was a right knob.

He was contradicting himself. 'We weren't doing anything wrong, but we were making wrong decisions.' Basically he was acting like an condescending ****t and trying to belittle the interviewer only made Cotterill sound more and more obnoxious as the 'interview' went on. To the Radio Bristol guy, well done for being professional about it. I think we all know what you wanted to do.

I don't think this sort of behaviour is acceptable from anyone let alone the manager of my football club. He needs to issue an immediate full and frank public apology. Not to do so would be very foolish. If he doesn't and the club stay silent then they'll be condoning his actions, and will be as bad as him in my opinion.

It's nothing I wasn't expecting,I thought it was common knowledge that this is how he is when the pressure is on.

My nephew ( Burnley s/t holder) said that when he was under pressure at that club, he actually sought out his critics by going to there houses!

I actually felt sorry for the radio Bristol interviewer, he didn't ask anything untoward.

SC has a lot of passion,which we all have,but the sarcasm in his interview was a but stupid imo.

It's nothing I wasn't expecting,I thought it was common knowledge that this is how he is when the pressure is on.

My nephew ( Burnley s/t holder) said that when he was under pressure at that club, he actually sought out his critics by going to there houses!

I actually felt sorry for the radio Bristol interviewer, he didn't ask anything untoward.

SC has a lot of passion,which we all have,but the sarcasm in his interview was a but stupid imo.

Cotts lovely bloke when winning or drawing. When losing (as he admits, he isn't nice to be around) he acts like a petulent school boy who will blame everyone and everything but himsrlf and his choices. I wonder if he does it to take the pressure off his team.

I tend not to listen to much to what managers say. Most have been given the bumper book of bollocks managers quote book. It bores me generally.

Cotts lovely bloke when winning or drawing. When losing (as he admits, he isn't nice to be around) he acts like a petulent school boy who will blame everyone and everything but himsrlf and his choices. I wonder if he does it to take the pressure off his team.

I tend not to listen to much to what managers say. Most have been given the bumper book of bollocks managers quote book. It bores me generally.

Now, I wonder which amazingly successful ex-manager that reminds me of...

He was clearly joking about in the end of the interview. Not serious.

Obviously. But there are some here who believe he offended against the Great God Media and will be struck down. I say now that Media is a false God. I await the lightning bolt...

Totally disagree. A club manager's loyalty is to the club and to the fans. If he doesn't please the media, so be it.

Ask SAF or the ghost of Cloughie.

Agreed. SO'D was not a journo pleaser and, by many accounts, neither is Cotts. How many times were replies from Fergie considered arrogant? Thats correct, countless. How many times does Wenger come across as a whinging Frenchman? Correct again.. too many to mention. And how many times does Jose try on his dour drollness or dry humour that the journos often don't get? .. etc etc. 

Personally I don't like the bloke and never have but he gets my support while he is our manager, end of.

Agreed. SO'D was not a journo pleaser and, by many accounts, neither is Cotts. How many times were replies from Fergie considered arrogant? Thats correct, countless. How many times does Wenger come across as a whinging Frenchman? Correct again.. too many to mention. And how many times does Jose try on his dour drollness or dry humour that the journos often don't get? .. etc etc.

Personally I don't like the bloke and never have but he gets my support while he is our manager, end of.

I agree that there are a lot of managers who give poor interviews / blame the ref etc after a bad result but there are some who tell it as it is. What annoyed me most about Cotts was his attitude. He didn't treat the interviewer or the listeners with any respect. He's been in the game long enough to know what sort of questions he's going to get. If he felt a bit pissed off because of the defeat he could, at least, have given a few polite answers

Just listened to it. SC really is mad as a hatter.

I am sure he was frustrated but don't understand why there was any need to be like that. Never a dull moment with old Stevie boy that's for sure.

Well I've just seen the goals and I'm surprised SC Wasn't looking for someone to punch.

Wrong place wrong time for the journo.

The Journo he's talking to, I recognise his voice (doesn't he always do our (WOEFUL) commentary?) and he is literally the most annoying person on that network for me.

Cotts took a general question about transfers too far, and he is a bit annoyed, but tbh the journo displayed a sheer lack of common sense.

Archived