IGNORED

City Vs Carlisle Match Thread

intelligence has never been a pre-requisite to play, coach or manage a football team?, some people claimed that SOD was intelligent but far more thought of him as miserable bumbling buffoon.

You can't put it down, can you? HELLO! O'Driscoll's gone!

Cotterill is in charge now. Let's get on with it.

We looked a lot better with the players who finished the game, than with those who started. Be interesting to see if SC opts to start with Burns  and also play Jet "in the hole" on Tues.

Also Flint and El Abd looked more solid as a central pairing. First half was very poor though. Reid looked completely out of his depth today.

A difficult day to play good football with the wind and rain. But we showed nothing in the first half looked clueless and were awful I don't think we had one decent shot on target. We were completely diffrent in the second half Marv and Burns would bre starting every game from now on for me they changed the game. We looked a lot more settled at the back going 442 aswell and I think that's the formation we should styart against Coventry Tuesday.

But what a massive 3 points we're out the relegation zone let's hope we push on now and stay out of it.

I certainly hope so. I've always rated him despite some of the rowlocks posted here.

Me too,people tend to forget the injuries he has had, he only knows one way to play, so when not fully fit you notice it.  

Plenty of better footballers out there, but not many that will try to dominate a midfield the way he does. You need players like that with ball players playing off of him.  I do think Championship level is the highest he can get to due too too much missing from his game to make the top level, but for this level, I honestly believe there are not many better players of his type.  Jut wish he could pass the bloody thing a bit better, when he really puts his mind to it his passing is okay.

Earlier today there were posts highlighting the good support for our club, yet after the disgusting attacks on SC today, it makes you wonder what the mental state is of some of our fans. I hope they are choking on their humble pie, while they get to grips with the baics, ie, that a game lasts for 90 minutes. By all means, gob off after the game if we lose, but while we still have minutes on the clock then SUPPORT your team! Frigging morons!

On a lighter note, three points!!!! Yessss!!!!

Rovers lost! Yessss!!!!

And a mention for Ross McCormack, who backed his principles with positive action.

What disgusting attacks?? Were they at the ground or from a key board warrior??

Three points is three points. A Carlisle fan attending may feel robbed

Just read the match thread.

Notable for you making embarrassing critical comments throughout in your self appointed position as on the spot match reporter. And by the look of the responses how easily the rabble are roused....

Yes, City were poor in the first half, but the right substitutions were made at half time and the team fought themselves back into the game from a very difficult h/t situation.

Now you can't even eat humble pie and give a bit of credit for a great comeback by City under extremely difficult swirling conditions.

Well done Marv. and Wes, and well done SC for having the balls to make the early subs., the sort of positive change we wouldn't have seen under SO'D. 

And in the end the Carlisle fans won't 'feel robbed' at all, City's 2nd half performance deserved the points.

Notable for you making embarrassing critical comments throughout in your self appointed position as on the spot match reporter. And by the look of the responses how easily the rabble are roused....

Yes, City were poor in the first half, but the right substitutions were made at half time and the team fought themselves back into the game from a very difficult h/t situation.

Now you can't even eat humble pie and give a bit of credit for a great comeback by City under extremely difficult swirling conditions.

Well done Marv. and Wes, and well done SC for having the balls to make the early subs., the sort of positive change we wouldn't have seen under SO'D. 

And in the end the Carlisle fans won't 'feel robbed' at all, City's 2nd half performance deserved the points.

may be under SOD we would n't have been a goal down ...

now  can you see the futility of your argument. :igiveup: any how "thank you Rich for the commentary"

The world we live in is the world we create ,everything passes by our internal filters and as such both you and Rich are right ,now  :hug:

we won ffs  :flowers:

We looked a lot better with the players who finished the game, than with those who started. Be interesting to see if SC opts to start with Burns  and also play Jet "in the hole" on Tues.

Also Flint and El Abd looked more solid as a central pairing. First half was very poor though. Reid looked completely out of his depth today.

Could not make today, but interested in your comments on El - could it be he is better in a position he has played in since before ww2?

and let you get away with your snidey digs?

What snidey digs? I don't think Cotterill is very bright, but I'm beginning to think that his drive and enthusiasm are more important than his intellect. That's what I said and that's what I mean. Get over it.

Could not make today, but interested in your comments on El - could it be he is better in a position he has played in since before ww2?

Certainly looking that way. Cotts says we don't have the players for 4-4-2. But we were at our best today in that formation. We sure looked clueless playing 3-5-2.

intelligence has never been a pre-requisite to play, coach or manage a football team?, some people claimed that SOD was intelligent but far more thought of him as miserable bumbling buffoon.

Do you realise that you mention SOD in most of your posts? He's gone.

Vital win but what a terrible game! First half we were shocking. 2nd half slightly better but we never really had any period of good play. I can't remember us having any shots apart from the goals and Carlisle had one other than their goal which came off the bar. Seriously poor from both sides.

Glad to see Elliott get the goals as he was one of the only players who really put in the required effort etc in the two away games. And Wes Burns at least offered something different 2nd half so credit has to go to SC for that.

New keeper looked reasonable - came out for a few crosses etc.

Some dreadful performances out there though - Baldock and Pack in particular very poor.

Think we will need to play much better against Coventry to win that.

Its certainly never been a pre-requisite to support one!

Yeah I just read the match thread and I humbly apologise because it was clearly only me who thought the performance was awful. It's a forum and people post opinions. Get over it!

Yeah I just read the match thread and I humbly apologise because it was clearly only me who thought the performance was awful. It's a forum and people post opinions. Get over it!

I don't think you get it. Only my opinion counts, that goes for everyone!

It was a pretty awful performance for the best part, for despite taking the lead we are still incapable of taking control of a game and due to our continuous misuse of the ball going forward we again struck the panic button and the defence were put under more unnecessary pressure which they coped with pretty well in the later stages.

Despite much criticism of El Abd again today , rightly so in a terrible 1st half, once we changed to a flat back four he and flint, to a lesser ,looked far more assured.

Archived