IGNORED

Taxi For Wade Elliott

swanker

The most pointless transfer I can remember ! Surely he can't play again ?

You are completely and utterly correct to make an assessment over the signing of a player based on around an hour of football he has played for the club. To be fair, all players come in to a club and make an impact straight away, and players never take time to settle in so it's hard to argue with your astute judgement.

You are completely and utterly correct to make an assessment over the signing of a player based on around an hour of football he has played for the club. To be fair, all players come in to a club and make an impact straight away, and players never take time to settle in so it's hard to argue with your astute judgement.

So put him in again Tues night then, is that what you're saying ?

He was unremarkable. Which begs the question as to why we signed him since we already have Gillett to do that.

How many unremarkable loans have we had this season.......  Lots as far as I am concerned

That begs the question,who is seeing something remarkable in them.  This person should be removed.

A loan signing should be able to make an immediate impact, otherwise what is the point?  Especially at this stage of the season.  Just more money pissed into the wind as per previous seasons

I didn't think he did any worse than the others in the first half. I do agree though he is an odd signing for 1 month.

He wasn't worse than JET though who was woeful again today - no doubt i'll be shot for saying that. Although he did get a little bit better when we brought Barnett on.

To be fair, JET never stays up front. I think he'd be better suited as the furthest forward of the central 3 in midfield. This way Barnett and Baldock can play up top.

This wont affect attack or defence as JET's rarely up front and rarely defends so he can do his usual sweet f.a and be in a position better suited to it!

On the Wade Elliott scenario - woeful. Scared of the ball, cant and didnt tackle. Cheerio asap please.

I didn't think he did any worse than the others in the first half. I do agree though he is an odd signing for 1 month.

He wasn't worse than JET though who was woeful again today - no doubt i'll be shot for saying that. Although he did get a little bit better when we brought Barnett on.

Woeful but got an assist

Pointless loan, added nothing to the squad, an area that we have adequate resource, and just a waste of a wage. If we are looking to progress as a club, we need to use loans wisely, bringing in either short term cover for injuries or longer term players who will improve the team.

And he contributed to both goals.

How many unremarkable loans have we had this season....... Lots as far as I am concerned

A loan signing should be able to make an immediate impact, otherwise what is the point? Especially at this stage of the season. Just more money pissed into the wind as per previous seasons

Bang on! City need players who cam make an impact now. We haven't got time to let players have a few games to get up to speed. The first half performance was relegation standard. It wasn't all down to him but his contribution was only slightly better than zero

I just dont understand football clubs

Why do they spend loads of money on sending scouts to watch players week in week out

when we have experts on here who can judge a player after 10mins!!!

What makes this signing even worse is Cotts admitted he hadn't seen him play recently. The signing was based on past performance - a long time ago

Bang on! City need players who cam make an impact now. We haven't got time to let players have a few games to get up to speed. The first half performance was relegation standard. It wasn't all down to him but his contribution was only slightly better than zero

Whilst I agree, I'm intrigued as to where you think you'll find players available for loan that are match fit and "up to speed"?

If a player is playing regularly he isn't gonna be going out in loan.

What I can't understand is why we never seem to look to the Prem for loans. Why haven't we got someone scouting under21 prem games and trying to bring in some players that are getting decent coaching but not able to break through?

Henri Lamsbury played a huge part in Norwichs promotion from the championship for example, or a little more relevant to our current situation, Patrick Bamford was available in the summer

Archived