IGNORED

How Can That First Half Be Explained?

Robbored

How do we know that SC is far better than sod monke became you said a so ? not so long ago you were I jumping on any body ( including cmyself ) who dare to criticise sod, you are hypocrite ! the bottom line is were all city fans, sod has gone! why do people like you feel the neef to constantly have a pop at him ? pathetic !

I don't know why you respond to him Tim. The bloke is renowned for having a pretty crap opinion on this forum.

He's an idiot with double standards of the highest order. If you don't agree with him he cries behind his keyboard. I think he genuinely believes that one day the club will ask him to be their spokeswoman for the board ;)

Horse shit and you know it

Conditions played a big part today driving rain and high winds will never produce good football

What we do know is sc is a far better manager the sod

Monkeh you certainly know horse shit when you see it and you my esteemed poster have just given Otib a gurt big dollop.

There is no scientific controlled way of saying manager A is better than manager B because the situations are never exactly the same so , you can only say "in my humble opinion " Mr Cotterill is a better manager and leave it at that.

Don't keep opening old wounds me babbers we need to be united to pull through.

The weather obviously played a big part.

I was in the Lower Dolman. At one stage in the first half the rain was driving into the left hand side of my face, 20 seconds later the right.

You only had to walk along the track in front of the Dolman at h/t to realise just how strong and swirly the wind was at pitch level.

The team did very well to come out and win the game in the second half, an improvement generated by spot on substitutions and what must have been a very motivational h/t team talk.

The team came out with the same attitude it had v Brentford no doubt after the same motivational team talk. The performance level is at best questionable, honest effort can be included in that. The defending of the team I think it is fair to say is poor, consistently poor.

If its the cold upsetting them I suggest Mr Cotterill selects his first XI with a thermometer.

The team came out with the same attitude it had v Brentford no doubt after the same motivational team talk. The performance level is at best questionable, honest effort can be included in that. The defending of the team I think it is fair to say is poor, consistently poor.

If its the cold upsetting them I suggest Mr Cotterill selects his first XI with a thermometer.

I didn't mention the cold. From my seat in the Lower Dolman the wind and rain in my face made it difficult to even look at the action at one stage in the first half, let alone what it must have been like to try and play football in those conditions.

There's really no debate here. Of course the weather played a part.

I didn't mention the cold. From my seat in the Lower Dolman the wind and rain in my face made it difficult to even look at the action at one stage in the first half, let alone what it must have been like to try and play football in those conditions.

I remember playing rugby in those conditions. As a forward, the best option was a knock-on and a nice warm scrum.

The backs didn't agree...

Very very happy with th 3 points today like everyone else but how does anyone explain that first 45 of utter shite? I mean in the last few seasons and under different managers we've seen plenty inept performances but surely today's first half was about the worse. The team seemed to have no idea at all of what they were supposed to doing. They were disjointed and all over the place.It wasn't as if Carlisle were that good either so little blame can be placed at their door.

I find it mystifying that City could be so bad. They are professional footballers, they train, practice and have team meetings and yet turn up and play like amateurs.

Cotterill, like others before him must be pulling his hair out when he sees his team play like that. At least he changed it at half time and that made a huge difference. He must have got into them as well and they looked a different outfit second half.

His post match interview should be interesting.

Surely we can't have Managers 'getting in to the team?..only jesting..seriously though it's pretty regular that we can't string two halves together and that they are certainly a contrast.with new players and a new manager it's still 'getting to know you time so things should settle.

A combination of being confused by 532 and low on confidence.

We need to stop this wingbacks nonsense, three at the back confuses the central defenders and Cunningham and Wagstaff are not good enough to do one job reliably let alone two.

I've never seen a team make so many individual errors, bad passes and poor decisions - all of them unforced.

I don't know what formation(s) we played in the second half or how we got three points, but if we play like that again we won't win.

I thought Cunningham and Wagstaff were the only two that came out of the first half with a modicum of credit...

3-5-2 when hot instead?

Yesterday was indeed poor and I'm thankful for the 3 points.

We certainly improved when SC changed things around, so credit for getting those changes right.

However did none of you notice the boggy pitch, gale force winds and torrential downpours..?!

That definitely contributed to a poor game from both sides.

3 more points on the board. Happy days. Onto the next game where hopefully conditions will be better.

Yesterday was indeed poor and I'm thankful for the 3 points.

We certainly improved when SC changed things around, so credit for getting those changes right.

However did none of you notice the boggy pitch, gale force winds and torrential downpours..?!

That definitely contributed to a poor game from both sides.

3 more points on the board. Happy days. Onto the next game where hopefully conditions will be better.

Did it change to tropical sunshine and a nice medium firm surface in the second half then?

Did it change to tropical sunshine and a nice medium firm surface in the second half then?

To be fair Cotterill was waving his finger in the air a lot. If any know it all could lip read they would have seen H.O.P.L.E.S.S.I.T.S.T.O.O.W.I.N.D.Y.

Same again at Brentford tapping his foot on the pitch H.O.P.L.E.S.S.I.T.S.T.O.O.S.O.F.T.

Just has to remember to tell the other team the rules now if its hot/cold/ soft/windy.

In particular order:

1) Crap team selection

2) Crap tactics

3) Players that didn't look like they cared / lack of fight

4) The weather

Let's have it right, it was an absolutely dreadful first half and the game overall wasn't much better.

The only difference between the teams was an inspired 5 minutes from Marv.

Al Abd was absolutely comical in the first half, constantly caught out of position, slow and eventually resorted to cynical fouls.

We're in big trouble if we play like that first half tomorrow night, Coventry will be 2 or 3 goals to the good and we won't come back.

Quite funny all the people saying that wouldn't of happened under SOD - it did up at Carlisle didn't it?!

The weather was bad but not THAT bad.

One word to describe the performance? Unconvincing.

I thought Cunningham and Wagstaff were the only two that came out of the first half with a modicum of credit...

To be honest I thought Cunningham was part of the problem in the first half, we looked so imbalanced because he wanted to sit ontop of Williams, forcing a pass infield or a long punt. Wagstaff was more adventurous and tried to get in behind or at least look for space when our CBs had the ball.

Also, I don't think Wade Elliott has ever been a Defensive Midfielder, Cotterill played him out of position and it didn't work, the defence have looked for Pack & Gillett when the central ball has to be played in recent weeks, Elliott just doesn't play this role.

No slight on Elliott, his experience is probably going to help, & I am not knocking the loan just yet, but still sceptical as he's only here for another 3 weeks.

Cuningham has looked better under Cotterill but he has also looked very hit and miss, his "hit"'s have just had a greater impact.

Two very different outcomes from two equally lathargic performances IMO

Also -

A Brentford fan I spoke to did say that they were surprised at how quickly they moved the ball around last tuesday and how good their movement was, doesn't take anything away from a throroughly disappointing night last tues

In particular order:

1) Crap team selection

2) Crap tactics

3) Players that didn't look like they cared / lack of fight

4) The weather

Let's have it right, it was an absolutely dreadful first half and the game overall wasn't much better.

The only difference between the teams was an inspired 5 minutes from Marv.

Al Abd was absolutely comical in the first half, constantly caught out of position, slow and eventually resorted to cynical fouls.

We're in big trouble if we play like that first half tomorrow night, Coventry will be 2 or 3 goals to the good and we won't come back.

Quite funny all the people saying that wouldn't of happened under SOD - it did up at Carlisle didn't it?!

The weather was bad but not THAT bad.

One word to describe the performance? Unconvincing.

Don't underestimate the influence of the weather mate, specifically wind, you won't often see a good game under those conditions.

The team selection was questionable, not crap. Apparently we were very poor at Brentford so Cotterill made changes - I would have a question mark over the new Elliott, don't think you could make a strong case about any others.

But Cotterill was decisive. Would SOD have made those changes at half time? No, and we wouldn't have won the game. Can't say that definitively of course, but based on experience.........based on experience Cotterill has won more league matches in 9 games than SOD managed in his last 29.

It wasn't only Marv's 5 minutes that won us the game. We were well on top during the second half before he scored, it was important we scored while we were on top, and we did. Carlisle offered very little during the game - but under SOD it would have probably ended up a draw at best.

I don't agree any players didn't care. JET is lazy when we don't have the ball, but in my view his quality compensates for that at this level - not sure the manager agrees with that though. I thought every other player worked hard.

I like Cotterill. He's entertaining and in the main so is the way his team plays football. He's trying to get the team playing the ball through the thirds with zip and purpose, I fail to see how that isn't better than a dozen passes along the back followed by a lump forward 60 yards.

I can honestly say I almost fell asleep a number of times during matches while SOD was here, and I don't even drink before games.

Embrace Cotterill mate he will try to do 2 very important things that SOD wouldn't have - entertain and keep us up. I honestly believe SOD wasn't bothered about either.

Don't underestimate the influence of the weather mate, specifically wind, you won't often see a good game under those conditions.

I don't understand everyone blaming the weather.  Of course you won't see a great game in bad weather - but you may see an exciting game (remember the game against Wolves), you should certainly see the team you support battling, what we shouldn't have had is the clueless, abject display presented to us by City.

I asked the question and read through the replies and imv the weather definitely played a part but doesn't explain fully just how shite the first half was.

I hate to say it but the players looked disorganised with no idea regarding what they were supposed to be doing. That said I'm sure they would have gone into the game with a strategy and with words of Cotterill ringing in their ears but they failed to deliver.

Question is who is to blame? The players? Cotterill?

I'm still lost for an explanation. I just hope it doesn't happen again tomorrow.

Archived