IGNORED

Bobby Reid

ciderbeans

The issue we had yesterday was lack of forward ayers running the flanks putting their fullbacks under pressure. All too often we got the ball in midfield and tere was either no outlet as jet, baldock and Reid were too close and central or they were too scared to play the wide ball early. Players like Reid, jet ad baldock should be running into these spaces to stretch the game and open up the space for other to run into.

Because this doesn't happen, we regularly end up on the back foot. Why aren't our players realising this? Is the manager picking up on this and if so, why isn't he drilling it into the players to play wide, create space and run the channels? It's just all too narrow and negative atm. We were very fortunate yesterday to get the goals from Marv but the corners came from wide play so it says it all really

I expect more from him. He seems lightweight to me.

i think he's lightweight in every sense not just size. You can be small and still tough - e g Gerry Gow, Tommy Dockerty. Even Baldock who is small has the strength to hold of bigger players. Reid just gets brushed aside too often.

Couldn't agree less about Pack, not always seen what he offers us but he was the only outfield player who came out of the first half with any credit, winning tackles, using the ball sensibly, so that's very harsh.

Agreed with you there Graham. Pack for me would have been MOTM for me if not for Marv's brace.

You won't ever get the chance to be fitter in your life than the opportunity that being 21 gives you.thing that having a few more years on gives is you become stronger and more resilient.some people aquire that earlier than others and some will never gain that toughness.am sure that Bobby will become more solid and do well.still very raw and a way to go though.

i think he's lightweight in every sense not just size. You can be small and still tough - e g Gerry Gow, Tommy Dockerty. Even Baldock who is small has the strength to hold of bigger players. Reid just gets brushed aside too often.

The players you've mentioned are men, Reid still has the body of a teenager in terms of strength. You can be short, as in the players you've mentioned, and strong if given time. Reid is only 21 now, if he's still as lightweight by 25 then there's an issue.

Burns is only 18 and is much stronger than Reid, both physically and mentally.

Reid plays at times almost as though he is expecting to get brushed off the ball or out fought in a challenge. Technically he's good, but he needs to show a lot more determination in my view to make his mark on the game.

Burns is only 18 and is much stronger than Reid, both physically and mentally.

Reid plays at times almost as though he is expecting to get brushed off the ball or out fought in a challenge. Technically he's good, but he needs to show a lot more determination in my view to make his mark on the game.

You can add Byan to that list as well

The players you've mentioned are men, Reid still has the body of a teenager in terms of strength. You can be short, as in the players you've mentioned, and strong if given time. Reid is only 21 now, if he's still as lightweight by 25 then there's an issue.

Both Gow and Doherty got into the team as young players. Gow made his debut when he was 17! At 21 Reid is old enough to be regarded as a man. We've got people in the army in Afghanistan who are younger than Reid. They are men

Hmm, I've never seen that..

Watch Baldock when he chases hopeless long balls kicked towards him by Flint etc. The goal he set up against Watford was a different example. Good pass out to the wing but he still had to fight against the full back to set up the chance for JET

Bobby has been poor since the game at Watford imo. Didn't contribute much against mk ,Looked out of sorts at wolves (did okay). And sounds like he was a passenger yesterday as well. The lad has talent, but more often than not he doesn't have end product, hes only young if he can effect games more he will become one hell of a player. To be fair he's a third tier player so he isn't going to be perfect, he does have the attributes to be a steady attacking midfielder though.

OTIB, which player shall we moan about today. You have moaned about every single player in the squad on here, it is so tiresome and boring. No wonder the team have no confidence. 

Get a grip, we're discussing one of our players performances and most have come to the conclusion he's playing slightly below par at the moment, no ones "having a moan" it's why we go on this forum, to discuss everything BCFC

Both Gow and Doherty got into the team as young players. Gow made his debut when he was 17! At 21 Reid is old enough to be regarded as a man. We've got people in the army in Afghanistan who are younger than Reid. They are men

Yes but professional sport is totally different. Reid isn't yet as strong as he will be in 3 or 4 years whereas someone like Connor Wickham had reached his full grown strength by 17/18. Young guys develop strength at different rates, all relative to the individual.

He's out of form but we have to keep with it, He's too good for the U21 so he doesn't have a challenge playing for them. Play him on the bench and use him as a sub late when the opposition are tired so he gets some confidence back

Our best midfield finished the game yesterday. Keep that for Tuesday and see how things go if we need a creative spark bring on bobby to add an attacking threat

Yes but professional sport is totally different. Reid isn't yet as strong as he will be in 3 or 4 years whereas someone like Connor Wickham had reached his full grown strength by 17/18. Young guys develop strength at different rates, all relative to the individual.

I'm afraid we wont be able to wait that long for him then.

OTIB, which player shall we moan about today. You have moaned about every single player in the squad on here, it is so tiresome and boring. No wonder the team have no confidence.

It's not a question of moaning. The forum is a place where people can express their opinions. It there is a problem everyone is entitled to say so. If people feel that Reid isn't playing well and should be dropped then that's fair comment

I can't get my head around people saying "he is young"  so give him a chance.  He's 21 today (as in it's his birthday today!!  :clapping: ).

That's not young in football terms.  I can't see his body developing more and he's had probably 3 years being a professional footballer.  How much longer do people want to give him?

I do think that he (like Bryan) is suffering from the tough season (mentally) and has dropped his performance level massively.  I suppose an older player might have had the experience to pace themselves across the season.  Like JET, who is really pacing himself at the moment...

I can't get my head around people saying "he is young"  so give him a chance.  He's 21 today (as in it's his birthday today!!  :clapping: ).

That's not young in football terms.  I can't see his body developing more and he's had probably 3 years being a professional footballer.  How much longer do people want to give him?

I do think that he (like Bryan) is suffering from the tough season (mentally) and has dropped his performance level massively.  I suppose an older player might have had the experience to pace themselves across the season.  Like JET, who is really pacing himself at the moment...

Yeah, snails pace.

I can't get my head around people saying "he is young" so give him a chance. He's 21 today (as in it's his birthday today!! :clapping: ).

That's not young in football terms. I can't see his body developing more and he's had probably 3 years being a professional footballer. How much longer do people want to give him?

I do think that he (like Bryan) is suffering from the tough season (mentally) and has dropped his performance level massively. I suppose an older player might have had the experience to pace themselves across the season. Like JET, who is really pacing himself at the moment...

Like JET who Can't be arsed at the moment

I can't get my head around people saying "he is young" so give him a chance. He's 21 today (as in it's his birthday today!! :clapping: ).

That's not young in football terms. I can't see his body developing more and he's had probably 3 years being a professional footballer. How much longer do people want to give him?

I do think that he (like Bryan) is suffering from the tough season (mentally) and has dropped his performance level massively. I suppose an older player might have had the experience to pace themselves across the season. Like JET, who is really pacing himself at the moment...

Yes it's hard to give them time but he won't be at his strongest at 21!! Look at C.Ronaldo, a different person physically to his younger years.

Yes it's hard to give them time but he won't be at his strongest at 21!! Look at C.Ronaldo, a different person physically to his younger years.

It's all right to use the M word here, the Thought Police haven't arrived yet.

A lot of men (there, I said it) don't reach their full strength until their mid-20's.

What??

The M word - man/men. Almost totally banned by the BBC unless in a derogatory sense, as in "all men are rapists".

Correct usage is person/people or woman/women. Classic mangling of a quote:

Lord Kitchener - "Most of the Cabinet ministers tell their wives about my plans, Lloyd George tells other people's wives".

Spot the PC correction?

The M word - man/men. Almost totally banned by the BBC unless in a derogatory sense, as in "all men are rapists".

Correct usage is person/people or woman/women. Classic mangling of a quote:

Lord Kitchener - "Most of the Cabinet ministers tell their wives about my plans, Lloyd George tells other people's wives".

Spot the PC correction?

Oh haha I see

He's 21 not 17 or 18 he's a man

Yes, and this his first full season. Whether he's considered a man or not doesn't make a gnats' knacker of a difference.

You can play a game, and be tired. Or you can play a game, be tired, play another, fatigue even more, and then play another. If you haven't done it before then it'll catch up to you.

Archived