IGNORED

Del Boy

BS34Red

It would be interesting to see how he'd of done if we had bought him in, for arguments sake, upon getting relegated to L1.

(Obviously this is totally theoretical due to the part he played in actuality in our relegation).

I think though that he may have worked better in that scenario, provided he was financially backed.

Think he got a lot of unfair stick here. He brought in a lot of great players (Baldock, Davies and Heaton being the main examples), albeit with a few duffers too, and overall I think improved the club. Let's not forget he was asked to half the wage bill in his first season and half it again for the following summer.

He bought a lot of those tossers don't forget

True, but once that kind of culture is established, new players just fall into it. The only answer is the kind of radical surgery performed by O'Driscoll.

Look at how long it took to eradicate DW's drinking culture...

Only if he was prepared to clear the decks and start again. It had to be done, whoever did it.

Del said he had decided to drop the experienced players who had let him down, and go with the youth from then on in his last post match interview.

Within an hour he'd been sacked.

One of our sales guys in Scotland is a St Johnstone fan.

Bizarrely hates both Celtic and Rangers - didn't know that was the done thing in Scotland.

Anyway I chatted to him back in Dec about Del Boy.

He said he started well there but a lot of fans around the ground complained about the style of football he brought to them. I recall this being a complaint of ours too. We did seem pretty route 1 under him?

One of our sales guys in Scotland is a St Johnstone fan.

Bizarrely hates both Celtic and Rangers - didn't know that was the done thing in Scotland.

Anyway I chatted to him back in Dec about Del Boy.

He said he started well there but a lot of fans around the ground complained about the style of football he brought to them. I recall this being a complaint of ours too. We did seem pretty route 1 under him?

For probably the first time since the glory days under Ferguson Aberdeen find themselves in a cup final and every chance of finishing second in the SPL and heading to Europe next season. If indeed Del is doing a route one-er to achieve that i think the fans should jolly well put up and shut up.. there is no pleasing some folk.

He would have been no worse and probably infinitely better than what followed him at City by the pure definition that stability breeds better results. Would we have gone down under him?.. quite possibly but we did anyway and it cost a darn lot more in the process. Sadly there are few teams in the land who have the patience to stick with a manager through the lean times anymore.

No manager, it seems is destined to succeed at our club.  There are structural problems at AG which are beyond the ability of any manager to resolve and must be sorted out at board level.

It's blindingly obvious as a whole string of managers have failed dismally in recent years and some of them (e.g. tiny penis and del) have gone on to do well elsewhere proving that they have the ability.  Even Copout has proved himself in the past but saw very quickly that something was very seriously wrong at AG.

It is for the self same reason that Cotts will also (unfortunately) fail - not his fault, he just doesn't stand a chance with this set up.

For probably the first time since the glory days under Ferguson Aberdeen find themselves in a cup final and every chance of finishing second in the SPL and heading to Europe next season. If indeed Del is doing a route one-er to achieve that i think the fans should jolly well put up and shut up.. there is no pleasing some folk.

He would have been no worse and probably infinitely better than what followed him at City by the pure definition that stability breeds better results. Would we have gone down under him?.. quite possibly but we did anyway and it cost a darn lot more in the process. Sadly there are few teams in the land who have the patience to stick with a manager through the lean times anymore.

Aberdeen have under achieved for many many years now, many managers have tried and failed. To bring success back to them is a massive achievement.

Seems a little weird that we sacked him and went backwards where as he has gone forwards.

Errr... Highly rated, linked with the Burnley job in the Prem way before us, hardly a stab in the dark.

Yeah, any old name in general football circulation who can talk a good game is worth blindly chucking our faith and money into. Once, after about a year, the fella's approach isn't bringing the desired results jack him in an try again.

Forget philosophy, principle an insight; let's just keep rolling dice.

Or do you see a logical continuation between Del, SOD and Cotterill?

Archived