IGNORED

Mr Back Off! (Flint) Jet And El Abd

Langford Red

Prejudiced?

What do you think of Flint's ball control and passing?

Serious question, when he heads the ball forward do you think he picks out a man or just blindly heads it forward anywhere?

In regards to the last two games, which City player was so poor he was booed in the first half v Carlisle?

Prejudiced?

Serious question, when he heads the ball forward do you think he picks out a man or just blindly heads it forward anywhere?

In regards to the last two games, which City player was so poor he was booed in the first half v Carlisle?

Sorry, did you attend these two games or not?

The booing of Flint's overhit pass ( the wind took it) against Carlisle - minutes after he'd played a spectacularly good 50 yard pass - from some fans was disgraceful scapegoating from fans who, like you apparently, have made their minds up to condemn Flint however he plays.

I've been known to stand up for City fans on here but booing Flint for that pass was pitifully poor from the hecklers.

Prejudiced?

To be fair , he did put the pass of the night out to burns from all of 50 yards which showed more vision than our inept midfield.

I've condemned Flint as a technically poor player.

And you didn't answer - Do you think his ball control is good?

Do you think he tries to pick anyone out when heading or just blindly heads it forward?

OK, as you refuse to answer I'll assume you didn't actually attend either of the Carlisle or Coventry games.

So prejudiced - 'preconceived opinion not based on actual experience' you certainly are.

So for your information, Flint's played well in these 2 games, has seen alot of the ball, made dozens of passes, the vast majority of which found a team mate.

He has also notably displayed a wholehearted commitment and passion for the fight absent from some of his colleagues.

Does he always 'pick out a team mate with his headers?' No he doesn't - should he be expected to?

No one's said he's perfect, he's obviously not, but he gives his all and doesn't deserve the stick he gets.

Especially from the likes of you who condemn him, and call him names - on the hearsay of people who can't stand him however he plays - without even being at the match yourself.

set up 2 goals in 2 games

You are right, and Thomas stood out from the crowd last night......

Not because of his performance, but on a God awful night, on a God awful pitch, he managed to keep his kit in pristine condition.

No need to wash his kit for another week.

Cunningham and Baldock ran their bollocks off last night, and didn't reap the rewards their efforts deserved.

Wes Burns too, when coming on put in the hard miles.

The players must look at Thomas and wonder why and how he keeps his place. 

OK, so people say he's our match winner.. And as I've said previously, we've only won FIVE games all season

Yes, he has scored a couple of crackers, and on his day etc, etc, but his days are becoming too few and far between.

Only he knows whether he gave his all last night, but from the stands, and in my opinion, he doesn't look interested.

Shame on you Mr E- Thomas.

OK - Now shoot me down

You are right, and Thomas stood out from the crowd last night......

Not because of his performance, but on a God awful night, on a God awful pitch, he managed to keep his kit in pristine condition.

No need to wash his kit for another week.

Cunningham and Baldock ran their bollocks off last night, and didn't reap the rewards their efforts deserved.

Wes Burns too, when coming on put in the hard miles.

The players must look at Thomas and wonder why and how he keeps his place. 

OK, so people say he's our match winner.. And as I've said previously, we've only won FIVE games all season

Yes, he has scored a couple of crackers, and on his day etc, etc, but his days are becoming too few and far between.

Only he knows whether he gave his all last night, but from the stands, and in my opinion, he doesn't look interested.

Shame on you Mr E- Thomas.

OK - Now shoot me down

JET was poor last night. He really looked like he couldn't be arsed! Lost the ball way too easily and made zero effort to win it back. 

At times he reminded me of that polar bear they used to have at the zoo, walk twenty paces one way then turn around and walk twenty paces the other way then turn around etc etc.

JET was poor last night. He really looked like he couldn't be arsed! Lost the ball way too easily and made zero effort to win it back. 

At times he reminded me of that polar bear they used to have at the zoo, walk twenty paces one way then turn around and walk twenty paces the other way then turn around etc etc.

To me leaving him on the pitch was the sign of a weak manager. He should of been off at HT.

OK, as you refuse to answer I'll assume you didn't actually attend either of the Carlisle or Coventry games.

So prejudiced - 'preconceived opinion not based on actual experience' you certainly are.

So for your information, Flint's played well in these 2 games, has seen alot of the ball, made dozens of passes, the vast majority of which found a team mate.

He has also notably displayed a wholehearted commitment and passion for the fight absent from some of his colleagues.

Does he always 'pick out a team mate with his headers?' No he doesn't - should he be expected to?

No one's said he's perfect, he's obviously not, but he gives his all and doesn't deserve the stick he gets.

Especially from the likes of you who condemn him, and call him names - on the hearsay of people who can't stand him however he plays - without even being at the match yourself.

the thing that made him stand out for me was in the first half, the ball kept going forward on the right wing to waggy and jet,i couldnt see if the pitch was as bad as how each pass looked but ended up with coventry getting the ball most times before a threat appeared.while all this was going on,cunningham was in acres of space on the left,no one tried to get the ball to him except flint,seemed the only one picking the best option

I attended the games and Flint did not play well in either of them. It's nice that he can pick out a 50 yard pass when he is given time on the ball but his first job is defending and he is not doing that to a good enough standard at the moment in my book. I think he needs resting.

But you make a good point about his commitment - that's not in question. Which shows you what a shower of absolute sh1te we have turning out for us if that commitment is stand out from other players in the side. If we assume that commitment is lacking in some players then it is those players that should be getting it from the crowd. Some fans will take the easy option and blame the Manager for failing to motivate but ultimately motivation has to come from within. If you need a bloke in a suit with a loud voice to motivate you before a game then you do not deserve to be in professional sport.

However, something I'd like to see Cotterill stop doing is giving players an easy way out. Knowing what shysters professional footballers can be if you tell them they "might not be able to handle three games in a week" or if you say "they cannot play good football in those conditions" then some of them won't because they have been given a ready made excuse. I wasn't Gary Johnson's biggest fan at the end but generally he never gave players a "get out" like that.

A quick look at the stats would suggest even the most modest of brains would not countenance dropping JET.

And I would suggest it would be tantamount to committing Hari Kari.

...this Hari Kari fella, whats his best position?... could he fit into our midfield or even alongside Sui Ci Dal in a back four?

Cant deny we need committed players who are ready to die for the cause right now. Could be a good shout Havana :)

Archived