IGNORED

TRAVEL ADVICE for Leyton Orient (Merged)

One Team

Hi all

Anyone else going by tube in the London area next Tuesday?

Looks like there is another strike on next week, starting at 21:00 on the Tuesday night! Thanks a lot TFL! 

Just wondered if anyone had the low down on how this will go down, what arrangements there are etc.

Also where are City fans drinking pre-game in London?

One Team

The overland trains go to either Liverpool Street or Fenchurch Street

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/LEM/London/110214/2145/dep

It's about 45 mins by bus to Paddington from these but there will be tubes, just check on the day

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

... or get a taxi?

More general advice here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/29555.aspx

For anyone thinking of coming up to London on Tuesday on public transport be aware there is a tube strike planned to start at 21.30, so you'll get to the ground but not be able get away.

I live in London but don't have a clue about the buses out that way. Anyone know which bus to get back to the centre from the east?

Thinking of getting a hotel near work. Just need to know which buses to head for.

There's no bus I know of from Leytonstone to Central London during the day.

The N8 goes to Trafalgar Square but starts at midnight.

You can get the 257 to Stratford then get off there and the 25 takes you into Oxford Circus.

I'm driving down from North London. Everywhere is going to be a b*tch through the night.

Fricken union. They want hanging from the bridge.

There's no bus I know of from Leytonstone to Central London during the day.

The N8 goes to Trafalgar Square but starts at midnight.

You can get the 257 to Stratford then get off there and the 25 takes you into Oxford Circus.

I'm driving down from North London. Everywhere is going to be a b*tch through the night.

Fricken union. They want hanging from the bridge.

Thanks,

Thought that might be the case. May have to give it a miss then.

Last weeks strike, there were constant changes in what was running. So it's a bit hard to plan. I'm hoping that because of the game they will prioritise getting the central line open at leyton.

For those travelling back to paddington, best bet if the central line isn't running is bus to Stratford, national rail to Liverpool street and then circle/metropolitian/hammersmith line to paddington.

Feel free to PM me with any other queries.

Also, for those with smartphones download citymapper, it's a godsend for public transport in London. And they updated it through out the strike.

Last weeks strike, there were constant changes in what was running. So it's a bit hard to plan. I'm hoping that because of the game they will prioritise getting the central line open at leyton.

For those travelling back to paddington, best bet if the central line isn't running is bus to Stratford, national rail to Liverpool street and then circle/metropolitian/hammersmith line to paddington.

Feel free to PM me with any other queries.

Also, for those with smartphones download citymapper, it's a godsend for public transport in London. And they updated it through out the strike.

How much do you reckon a taxi would cost back to Paddington from the ground?

A tube-free tip for anyone who needs to get back to Paddington for the 23.30 train back to Temple Meads: take a brisk walk along Leyton High Road to Stratford station after the game (or bus), get the Overground service from Stratford to Brondesbury (the Overground is unaffected by the tube strike, and trains run every 15 minutes), then get the 332 bus to Paddington from outside Brondesbury station on Kilburn High Road. Alternatively jump in a cab on Kilburn High Road - shouldn't cost more than a tenner to Paddington.

That journey should be 'doable' in time for the 23.30 and it avoids any potential chaos on the central, circle, metropolitan or H+C lines. The 22.15 from Stratford gets to Brondesbury at 22.48 - although don't hang around too long after the final whistle as it'll probably take the best part of 25-30 minutes to get to Stratford.

North London red's advice is good.

From what tfl have just put out another way is, from Stratford get the jubilee to Waterloo and then the bakerloo to paddington as these lines are running. I managed to make a trip across London last week during the strike with relative ease on the lines that were running. Actually got to kings cross from East London quicker as the tube just went straight through the closed stations.

Anyone know if it will be Pay On The Day - website ticketing detail not updated in ages.

Don't finish until after 1830 but hoping Central from Bank to Leyton does the job. My reading of TFL strike notes is some service would still run every ten minutes after the game? That might be enough.

It's either that for me or Jubilee from Stratford to London Bridge - but then I only need to make a Northern Line change to South London, not Paddington and the rest like most on here. Good luck!

Archived