IGNORED

Next 4 Games...

Cobby

Good result tonight and hopefully it leads to more consistent and good performances. However, I was looking at our next four fixtures which are :

Tranmere (H)

Sheffield United (A)

Gillingham (H)

Shrewsbury (A)

All these teams are around us and a slip up against theses teams could drag us right back into the relegation zone. I don't mean to sound negative but at the end of the day there are several teams below us with games in hand and if we don't pick up I'd say at least 7 points out those games then I will be still worried about the drop as these teams have the potential to leapfrog us

Thoughts, how many points would you consider a healthy amount?

Despite the excellent result tonight, it's the home games that we need to win.

Tranmere & Gillingham need to see us hit maximum points.

We need to win at least 5 of our remaining home games and pick up the odd point away.  Tonights result makes it much more achievable, but still a big ask.

What do you mean by start?

We've won 3 out of our last 5, compared to 1 in the 11 before that.

It's 2 in the last 5 -

L Orient W

Oldham D

Coventry L

Carlisle W

Brentford L

That's 7 points in the previous 5; 8 in the 5 prior to that but only 2 in the 5 before that, so something is shifting in the squad

It's 2 in the last 5 -

L Orient W

Oldham D

Coventry L

Carlisle W

Brentford L

That's 7 points in the previous 5; 8 in the 5 prior to that but only 2 in the 5 before that, so something is shifting in the squad

he's talking about home games,

Cov L

Carlise W

MK Dons D

Steveage W

Walsall W

Tranmere is a must win. Sheff United - not so much but a point would be good. Still think we can catch Gillingham if we beat them. Shrewsbury will either be a must win or must not lose depending on how we do against Tranmere.

So overall 7 points I reckon.

Think tonight's Sheff U game will go someway towards seeing if we need to win the game away at theirs.

If they are still below us, a draw would be excellent.  IF they are above, a win might be what we need.

Think tonight's Sheff U game will go someway towards seeing if we need to win the game away at theirs.

If they are still below us, a draw would be excellent.  IF they are above, a win might be what we need.

Not tonight, just been called off

They will have to play Tuesday/Saturday for a long time as well

Not tonight, just been called off

They will have to play Tuesday/Saturday for a long time as well

Interesting, thanks.

With their cup run and postponements, they'll have a compressed schedule much like Crawley; could prove interesting.

Actually hope they draw with Forest this weekend, as adds to the pressure on them when they do have league games.

Feel kind of mean saying that, mind you...

If we're using 50 as the target...

Then I predict we get 7 points from these 4: 2 Wins in the home games &  a point at Shrewsbury.

Which will put us on 38 with 11 to play.

4 wins out of last 11? A seems a realistic target.

I think we'll be all right. Based on the reports of last nights performance hopelly that will invigorate the players and we'll stay up comfortably. 

Tranmere is a must win. Sheff United - not so much but a point would be good. Still think we can catch Gillingham if we beat them. Shrewsbury will either be a must win or must not lose depending on how we do against Tranmere.

So overall 7 points I reckon.

Surely the mindset of our players should be that all games are "must not lose"

Surely the mindset of our players should be that all games are "must not lose"

Or "We can win" hopefully, as beating one of the division's top teams in their own backyard, regardless of their form, should give them belief.

My feeling is that, considering form (both our own and that of our opponents), we should hopefully could pull in 9 points over the next four matches, with the Sheffield United game being the one I don't think we'll get much from.

That would not only give us 40 points, but hopefully contribute to keeping at least Tranmere and Shrewsbury below us.

But, just as yesterday was a positive unexpected result, they can easily go the other way too, so just hope we are competitive every match from here on in. 

Due to how close the teams around us are to each other, 5 points (W1 D2 L1) could be more benificial than 6 (W2 D0 L2) if we are to get any less than 7

Obviously depending on other results as well but if we weren't able to reach the 8's 9's and 10's some are talking about - we still mustn't loose more than 1

Archived