IGNORED

Next 4 Games...

Cobby

Despite the excellent result tonight, it's the home games that we need to win.

Tranmere & Gillingham need to see us hit maximum points.

We need to win at least 5 of our remaining home games and pick up the odd point away.  Tonights result makes it much more achievable, but still a big ask.

We don't need to win 5 games full stop.

4 wins, 7 draws and 4 defeats would be enough to get us to 50 points

Orient was really a bonus win as it means we can get away with a slip up somewhere and still make it over the line.

I would look at Tranmere as a big opportunity as it would allow us to move clear of danger. Particularly as Crewe and County have tough games against the top 2

We don't need to win 5 games full stop.

4 wins, 7 draws and 4 defeats would be enough to get us to 50 points

Orient was really a bonus win as it means we can get away with a slip up somewhere and still make it over the line.

I would look at Tranmere as a big opportunity as it would allow us to move clear of danger. Particularly as Crewe and County have tough games against the top 2

50 points is not a magic marker we can still go down on 50 as teams have in the past,

We shouldn't appoint a points total we should aim to win every game from now until the end of the season, at the moment we are on 31 points from 31 games while we are 17th we are only 1 point clear of relagation,

we are still in a dire situation and I do believe SC will get us out of it. what we can do as fans is stop over reacting to results like coventry and leyton Orient and start getting behind the team fully,

stop with the stupid posts about Sod being better then SC or the otherway round and get behind the team

stop getting on our players backs because of a slip or a freak accident leads to a goal and get behind the team,

If our support and help us limp over the line with league one football in place we can carry on and develop a pretty young squad into a better unit it next season (as we've proved to be at times under SC this season)

Only two other teams, Notts County and the Gills have played 31 games as City have.

Crawley, Stevenage and the Blades have 6, 4 and 3 games in hand over City. All but Stevenage could overtake us if they win those games.

Other than the three points last night the most important factor is the morale boost and confidence the squad will have got from the win. Now it's crucial that another three points is forthcoming on Saturday. After that ( the win ) will be the time to start feeling confident that we can avoid the drop.

Only two other teams, Notts County and the Gills have played 31 games as City have.

Crawley, Stevenage and the Blades have 6, 4 and 3 games in hand over City. All but Stevenage could overtake us if they win those games.

Other than the three points last night the most important factor is the morale boost and confidence the squad will have got from the win. Now it's crucial that another three points is forthcoming on Saturday. After that ( the win ) will be the time to start feeling confident that we can avoid the drop.

These teams are at the bottom because, like us, they haven't won too many games. Pretty sure those teams concerned wont win all their games in hand.

Taking it all one step at a time, each improvement builds confidence on and off the pitch and contributes to more improvement in atmosphere and performance.

A win against Tranmere adds more than just 3 points to the total coming off the back of the Orient win.

We can't look at the other teams around us at the moment, we've just got to keep on keeping on towards safety.

Plus Crawley v Carlisle, Coventry v Bradford (who are dropping like a stone) and Rotherham v Stevenage.

If the results go to form (which they usually don't) then we could be up to 14th with a decent win over Tranmere.

Shows how crazy the division is that we could be lower mid table come Saturday evening! A win would stand us in good stead for the sheff u game.

• Admin

Plus Crawley v Carlisle, Coventry v Bradford (who are dropping like a stone) and Rotherham v Stevenage.

If the results go to form (which they usually don't) then we could be up to 14th with a decent win over Tranmere.

Screw the play-offs then, lets go for automatic!

Not sure about that...

But with Shrewsbury (one win in 10, 7 defeats), and Bradford (one win in last 20 league games) in big trouble, and other clubs with fixture pile ups (Sheffield, Crawley, Stevenage), we should be ok.

The next four or five games will probably define the rest of the season.

One game at a time. Hope no-one is looking past Tranmere, they have one of the better away records in the league...

Seems everyone on here expects Tranmere to roll over on Saturday. Im sure they'll be right up for this game like we should be. I hope and expect us to win but wouldn't be shocked if we didn't. Think everyone on here is setting themselves up to be dissapointed. We might get a point on saturday and everyone be on a relagation downer, then go and win at Sheffield.

One game at a time. Hope no-one is looking past Tranmere, they have one of the better away records in the league...

Agreed; one game at a time.  

Their last 10 away games read; Won 4, Drawn 1, Lost 5.

It's pretty decent, though reflective of their overall form, where they tend to win or lose, and not often draw.  For me, just means we have to really go for it.

Seems everyone on here expects Tranmere to roll over on Saturday. Im sure they'll be right up for this game like we should be. I hope and expect us to win but wouldn't be shocked if we didn't. Think everyone on here is setting themselves up to be dissapointed. We might get a point on saturday and everyone be on a relagation downer, then go and win at Sheffield.

I'm personally taking the long view on the next four matches; a draw against Tranmere would be a good result if we can take around 7-8 points across these.

A loss would be a massive loss, but a draw keeps Tranmere below us, and us out of the relegation zone, regardless of other team's results, including those playing midweek, thanks to our decent goal difference .  That is the sort of position we need to be in; keeping the pressure on those below us.

Think we have a solid chance against Tranmere, but they will be thinking the same.

I actually think that teams in and around us will be thinking "oh dear, Bristol City are beginning to get their act together", now that we have a settled team with players that seem to know what they are doing no one will want to play us, home or away.

First half against Coventry was a blip caused by the crazy weather, we have been steadily improving over the last month or so and the win at Orient proved that we are a match for anyone in this division given a level playing field.

50 points is not a magic marker we can still go down on 50 as teams have in the past,

We shouldn't appoint a points total we should aim to win every game from now until the end of the season, at the moment we are on 31 points from 31 games while we are 17th we are only 1 point clear of relagation,

we are still in a dire situation and I do believe SC will get us out of it. what we can do as fans is stop over reacting to results like coventry and leyton Orient and start getting behind the team fully,

stop with the stupid posts about Sod being better then SC or the otherway round and get behind the team

stop getting on our players backs because of a slip or a freak accident leads to a goal and get behind the team,

If our support and help us limp over the line with league one football in place we can carry on and develop a pretty young squad into a better unit it next season (as we've proved to be at times under SC this season)

You're right ,we should save the abuse until next season . ;0)

If we really want to pull away it has to be 9.

Think 7 is a realistic target but could easily end up being 5. Can see at least 1 defeat, probably at Sheff United.

7 it is then. Got to be happy with that.

Just to see how we did. Think this one wins. This was started in the optimism straight after Orient, so think most were there or the abouts.

7 it is then. Got to be happy with that.

Just to see how we did. Think this one wins. This was started in the optimism straight after Orient, so think most were there or the abouts.

Yeah; 7>9 was a realistic aim, with us managing it having somewhat buoyed my confidence that we might (just might) escape.

Next four?  I'd say the same return (max 9, min 7) is required to keep the momentum up, with the home games being the key ones.

Hope the btb wins and JET returning to form with a goal will go some towards helping things be a little less edgy the next quad of matches.

Predicted it right in the end, 7 points is a good point intake if we consider Sheffield Uniteds rub of form and our poor away form this season. Just thought I'd also show some statistics I have been gathering under Cotterill:

City under Cotterill:

Rotherham L (H)

Notts County D (A)

Walsall W (H)

Stevenage W (H)

Bradford D (A)

Mk Dons D (H)

Wolves L (A)

Brentford L (A)

Carlisle W (H)

Coventry L (H)

Oldham D (A)

Leyton Orient W (A)

Tranmere D (H)

Sheffield UTD L (A)

Gillingham W (H)

Shrewsbury W (A)

(H) 14/24

(A) 9/24

(T) 23/48

P: 16

W: 6

D: 5

L: 5

Win Percentage 37.5%

Oops already seen someone has already posted something similar to this, apologies

Archived