IGNORED

Tinmans Assistant

TomBCFCUK

When I read the bit about the assistant being already in the club, my heart sank again.

Do we think that Fawthrop is good enough? I don't.

Shaun certainly isn't the sort we need as he has NO experience at coaching under real pressure.

We need a proven Gorman type, who knows his stuff.

If it turns to Merde, Tinman is going to need experience around him, and when we've relied on the internal option before it hasn't really worked.

what next, find a 'proven goalscorer' from the crowd?

pick the team from who turns up earliest?

jeeeeeeez

:dunno:

You sound definite about this - where has it been published ? Or is it your opinion ?

Not having a dig - just interested if Barlow is going.

It's just my opinion but now Danny Wilson gone he will want to follow Wilson wherever he might go. And with Brian Jones and Buster Footman already gone to cut down the costs I expect Frank Barlow will go aswell.

Guest Harry May

It's got to be be one of three - Millen , Fawthrop or Barlow. I know Tinns and Fawthrop respect each other and Fawthrop has done it before. But I find it surprising that nothing has been mentioned on the official site about Barlow . The players respect him greatly and he does have a wealth of experience - but he is DW's man . Millen would be the biggest gamble - I think Tinns is going to need more experience alongside him ( which is why I discount Shaun Taylor ) than Millen can provide.

If Barlow can put behind him his loyalty to DW , it will be him . If not it's going to be Fawthrop, surely ?

Caldicot Red.

Personally I hope Frank stays and that he feels some affinity with this club. However it really comes down to who Tins wants - the choice has already been made just not confirmed.

My guess is Fawthrop or Taylor, but I hope it's Frank!

Guest exiledred

tins has said it is someone with experience within the club which leaves either taylor, millen or fawthrop. hopefully taylor

as for barlow i'm sure he will follow wilson

If it was to be Barlow then why not announce it now?

My guess is, like others have said, Frank will follow Danny. I'd like Barlow to stay but if the job were going to the incumbent (i.e. Barlow) then surely it would have been announced already. If it's going to someone else then they can't announce it until Barlow's separation terms have been agreed - only a courtesy really.

sorry i been on holiday since 2 hours after the millenium stadium what has barlow said ?
Barlow hasn't said anything. The main site implied that Tins has picked his assistant already, that it was 'someone who has done a good job already at the club' but that it won't be announced for a while yet.

That led me to speculate that it isn't Barlow 'cos if he was keeping his job why wait to announce the fact?

I think the majority of supporters would automatically pick Frank Barlow for obvious reasons. However the fact that him and DW are close could mean that Frank won't be around for long - however Danny hasn't got another job yet so why would Frank go and be out of a job in the hope that Danny can bring him in at his next club. Managers don't necesarily get a job straight away, some are waiting around for quite a while.

From the interviews, it seems that Tins already knows who he wants. The fact that it hasn't been announced that it is Frank does not mean that it isn't him. It's already been stated that a number of people are on holiday. Perhaps they just need time to sit down with Frank to go through things.

If Frank does go, then the the first choice would be Fawthorp followed by Taylor.

I agree it's unlikely to be Barlow (likely to stand by his man and as he's No. 2 already, there'd be no decision to announce if it was him).

Shaun Taylor has more experience of the day-to-day running of the first team and reserve team than Fawthrop. Fawthrop is still there to call on if he's looking for an older head.

Ideally, there'd be someone with management experience to appoint but in the absence of such a person at the club, my money's on Shaun Taylor.

It'll be Fawthrop, he's his mate, which will be another uninspiring decision.

Did you know that there were two player managers in the league last season? and they managed the two teams that were relegated to the Conference!

It'll be Fawthrop, he's his mate, which will be another uninspiring decision.

Did you know that there were two player managers in the league last season? and they managed the two teams that were relegated to the Conference!

And denis wise did a terrible job at millwall didnt he.

Archived