IGNORED

Disgusting

nickolas

Jet is  a luxury and one we cannot afford to have at the moment, how many times does the ball bounce off him and how many times does he give the ball away - we need a good old centre forward who can keep the damn ball and bring others into play. Stead would be great in our position.

That's very helpful

Only 4 days ago we won 3-1 at the team top of the league.........

What has that got to do with this particular topic? I didn't see that game so it wouldn't be right for me to comment on players performances, however I have every right to comment on what I saw today and if I were his manager I wouldn't be best pleased.

What has that got to do with this particular topic? I didn't see that game so it wouldn't be right for me to comment on players performances, however I have every right to comment on what I saw today and if I were his manager I wouldn't be best pleased.

If he wasn't pleased wouldn't JET have been subbed ?

I have in the past said JET is lazy. But I think the criticism of him from today is unfair, he ran back COUNTLESS occasions and tried to set up attacks with no support from our 'midfield'. There were players out there today who were far more anonymous than him, W.Elliot for one (has Kilkenny just grown some facial hair btw, same number shirt too). The worrying thing for me is that after the win on tues we should be coming out the blocks fast looking to close them down, give them no time on the ball and get up the pitch quickly, we did NONE of that until the last ten mins. To be fair if Koumas hadn't scored an absoloute screamer people wouldn't be complaining, but the overall performance from THE TEAM (playing as individuals) was not good enough. Tiredness is a bullshit excuse

Tranmere need the points as much as we do, so no surprise in the draw. That's football. However, we are still capable of similar Leyton Orient results. With regards to JET, his form has dipped since SC took charge, so it's only fair this is taken into account, rather than laying the blame entirely on JET.

Tranmere need the points as much as we do, so no surprise in the draw. That's football. However, we are still capable of similar Leyton Orient results. With regards to JET, his form has dipped since SC took charge, so it's only fair this is taken into account, rather than laying the blame entirely on JET.

It certainly does coincide with the departure of SOD and makes you question whether or not he wants to be here, given he seemed interested and up for it under SOD but has been largely ineffective since SC arrived.

I honestly don't see JET as that lazy. His defensive positioning is poor but so are most forwards. Sure he doesn't close down like baldock but he chased back on numerous occasions only to lose his man by ball watching rather than giving up. Typical front man being asked to track back if you ask me.

Yes it's infuriating that he doesn't win more in the air but when it's at a height that he can control (ie he doesn't have to jump)his first touch is better than anyone else's in the team.

There was another striker on the pitch today in the first half who was far worse in terms of effort and performance.

This is the crux of the matter right here, you are basically saying SC is partially to blame for JET's drop in form? If that is the case JET's career is only going one way, downhill as it looks like the only manager he can perform for is O'Driscoll!!

What tripe! So because he was on fire months ago we should excuse his absolute laziness and unwillingness to put a shift in?

10 players do the work of 11 at the moment because he can't be bothered, that's the reality of the situation.

Almost every pass he made today was errant, either into no mans land or to a blue shirt. Then the one time he actually had a golden chance to play in Baldock at 2-2 he tried to take on the entire back line and got dispossessed.

Yes he was brilliant for us earlier in the season. But in a relegation scrap he is a luxury we can ill afford.

Right now we need everyone giving 110% - seeing JET give the 10 would be an improvement.

Well said he is a luxury will score great goals for us and few assists but work rate off ball is terrible had fall out with a mate over this and today m8 has said over last month he seen him get worse

JET is a talented footballer, but nobody can defend him after his performance today. Yes he's been great for us this season, but when is the last time he played well? Stevenage? It looks to me that he's had the hump since SOD left. Mick McCarthy said when he let him go that he is a great player if you can get him to play for you. SOD seems to be the only man that can do that. That being said, the bloke is a professional and needs to start digging in a bit if he wants this club to stay up, because on his day, he has the ability to change and win games single handedly.

JET is a talented footballer, but nobody can defend him after his performance today. Yes he's been great for us this season, but when is the last time he played well? Stevenage? It looks to me that he's had the hump since SOD left. Mick McCarthy said when he let him go that he is a great player if you can get him to play for you. SOD seems to be the only man that can do that. That being said, the bloke is a professional and needs to start digging in a bit if he wants this club to stay up, because on his day, he has the ability to change and win games single handedly.

Its difficult when I do not see every game, but many said he played well at Orient.

I have to say I did not think he was awful today, but accept we all see the game differently. Was actually more disappointed with Barnett, who added very little. Have to hope he improves.

The problem is his movement or non movement.when he moves other options open up for him and other players ,when he has a walkabout day as i thought he had today all options stop .in effect he stops our progress. He has a lot of days where he does not want to run and wants it to his feet and is happy trying to beat 3or4 in tight areas ,but mostly fails. He is at his most dangerous when he has a running day and everything opens up for the team and he is unstoppable. Unfortunately his running days seem to few and far between. We as a team then end up with very few options to play it forward as he is not moving into space. At times it just seems like he isnt up for it end of.

The problem is his movement or non movement.when he moves other options open up for him and other players ,when he has a walkabout day as i thought he had today all options stop .in effect he stops our progress. He has a lot of days where he does not want to run and wants it to his feet and is happy trying to beat 3or4 in tight areas ,but mostly fails. He is at his most dangerous when he has a running day and everything opens up for the team and he is unstoppable. Unfortunately his running days seem to few and far between. We as a team then end up with very few options to play it forward as he is not moving into space. At times it just seems like he isnt up for it end of.

Yes there are many a time when we break down line with Baldock or Burns and he seems to be strolling into the box with no real intent or desire to get to the ball first (except Vs Watford in the cup). As he was told to lead the line in the second half he didn't exactly show any hunger to get into goal scoring positions

Its difficult when I do not see every game, but many said he played well at Orient.

I have to say I did not think he was awful today, but accept we all see the game differently. Was actually more disappointed with Barnett, who added very little. Have to hope he improves.

Agree with your view on Barnett, his touch was poor and didn't get in the right positions. However, he did win a few flick ons and ran about a tad more than JET, so I was surprised when he was taken off for Burns at half time as I thought that keeping him on and maybe taking JET off, may have seen him flick the ball on in behind for burns to run on to.

Archived