IGNORED

Untitled

Born in the BMH (i think).

Brought up in Worlebury, Weston-s-Mare. My family are originally from Mangotsfield and Kingswood, so they support the Gas, however I fell in with my mates to support the MIGHTY REDS!! (I'm also a supporter of WBA as i live in Brum now and my girlfriend's family are WBA through and through.)

I was born in a, now demolished, maternity home near Ashley Down which means I should be a gas head. :Rage: However, Dec 27, Dad put Mum into the home and as fathers wern't meant to be @ the birth in those days, went down to the Gate. :clap: I was born early the following morning. That was in 1954, halfway through the last Championship season. Anyone know the oppos and score that day. :Confused13: I presume City won it.

Soutmead Hospital 1961.

Grew up in Horfield (next to the Common), less than 5 minutes walk to the Mem. Haven't lived in Bristol for 24 years since leaving for College. Most of my School mates at Bishop Rd Infants and Junoirs were Gas. About 60/40 split at Cotham Grammer in favour of City.

Amazingly have come across 4 other Reds and a couple of Gas in this small market Town in Cheshire.

I was born in a, now demolished, maternity home near Ashley Down which means I should be a gas head.  :Rage:  However, Dec 27, Dad put Mum into the home and as fathers wern't meant to be @ the birth in those days, went down to the Gate.  :clap:  I was born early the following morning.  That was in 1954, halfway through the last Championship season.  Anyone know the oppos and score that day.  :Confused13:  I presume City won it.

According to citystats.org.uk, we won away at Reading 2-0 on the 27th December 1954. You sure you haven't got him confused with the milkman?

The first game of any consequence after I was born was a 1-0 win away to Arsenal in the old 1st division. Shame I don't remember it very well.

The first game of any consequence after I was born was a 1-0 win away to Arsenal in the old 1st division. Shame I don't remember it very well.

I remember that game very well - in my top 10 City games of all time, absolutely fantastic. :Party27: :Party27: :Party27: :Party27: :Party27: :Party27: :Party27:

Having been born in the Summer I have looked at the last game of the 1960/61 season which was the Gas away and a 3-1 win in front of 12,169 in the Gloucestershire Cup. The last league game was a 3-0 win at AG against Brentford att: 8,656 in the old Division 2.

And the first game of the 1961/62 season was a 1-0 loss at Notts County att: 10,203 again in the old Division 2.

born somewhere off ashley hill near a bread factory

lived 2 roads away from eastville and i used to walk to ashton gate to watch city reserves!

my older brother introduced me to city and he was born in plymouth although he moved to bristol when he was 2

should be a rovers fan really i was the only city supporter in my year at school and you couldn't even wear a red and white scarf back then for fear of being attacked.

Archived