IGNORED

Untitled

Born in Trowbridge' Wiltshire. Nearest league ground/team at time of birth(1986) was twerton park => GASHEAD!

I reckon you can be excused, Trumpton was always a non-league ground but with unsavory squatters.

Fortunately that wasn't a factor when I first saw the light in Bradford-on-Avon, float downstream and City it was.

I was born in Wembley in 1971 and lived there fore two years before moving to Keynsham - and it took me 15 years before City gave me an excuse to go back!

So if you're supposed to support the team your birthplace is closest to, I guess that would be England.

You sure it wouldn't be Charlton?

Absolutley certain. In fact, the Old then (a truly scary place as an away supporter, my accent came in handy more than once) was even closer to Camberwell.

Nearest amatuer club (albeit it with a longer history than loads of league teams) were/still are. the magnificent Dulwich Hamlet - who still play in their traditional pink and blue stripes.....

And for anyone that may not know why I ended up as a City fan, having being born and bred in South London (and never having lived in Bristol), see issue 7 of the Incider - still waiting for my tee-shirt by the way, chaps...............

• Admin

Basildon , Essex. Unfortunately that makes the closest FL team Southend United whom I have always disliked for some reason. Therefore if I was to still live there (moved when 6 months old) I reckon I would be watching non-league football at the (closer) Canvey Island.

Guest duncan james

born in ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA!!!!

midlands lad born and bread

nearest ground highfield road(coventry city )

but got bristol city in my blood 1st game as a kid cov v bristol drew 2-2 both stayed up cidered since that fine day

natural born loser, then :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

a common stance between City and the Mets- "There's always next year..."

:) :how funny: :how funny:

Nice one... When was the last time they had Footy there?? For me it's Mitchel Athletic Complex... about 5 mins away, located just behind the New York Islanders NHL Arena - It's where the Long Island Rough Riders play - i read it holds 10,000 but that surely includes standing room.

Right, let's try and unravel this one for yours truely...

I was born at Paulton Hospital in January 1984. Nearest club to the hospital is Paulton Rovers' ground which is just down the road (which is the club where Steve Phillips plied his early trade). But they are non-league, as are Welton Rovers, about a mile in the other direction. I'm not sure if Bath City are closer to Paulton than Bristol, but it doesn't really matter since they are non-league too.

I'm pretty sure that Bedminster is closer to Paulton than Eastville, so I according to this (rather mad) theory I am quite rightly a City fan :)

Archived