IGNORED

Perspective

ciderbeans

Little bored this evening but after looking at the table following sheff utd's win tonight, it is mad to think we are only 5 wins off 7th place. It is that tight in the table and to think if we were able to put a run of 5 or 6 wins together, what that would to to our league position. That is the million dollar question however, when are we going to achieve a winning run again? I would love to talk about how we can push last minute for a play off spot but I just wish we were able to win a few games on the trot.

Enough of my ramblings, here's hoping we can produce for the remainder of the season and give us something to shout about. COYR

Little bored this evening but after looking at the table following sheff utd's win tonight, it is mad to think we are only 5 wins off 7th place.

We're not five wins off seventh place, we're five wins and everybody else in between losing most of their games off seventh place. You would need about a dozen wins in a row to get anywhere near. There is more chance of Lord Lucan riding past us on Shergar.

Little bored this evening but after looking at the table following sheff utd's win tonight, it is mad to think we are only 5 wins off 7th place. It is that tight in the table and to think if we were able to put a run of 5 or 6 wins together, what that would to to our league position. That is the million dollar question however, when are we going to achieve a winning run again? I would love to talk about how we can push last minute for a play off spot but I just wish we were able to win a few games on the trot.

Enough of my ramblings, here's hoping we can produce for the remainder of the season and give us something to shout about. COYR

dont you mean five wins from staying in league one?????

Looking at the table I can see the current bottom four being the ones to go down, with us picking up 22-26 points and staying up fairly comfortably.

And despite what everyone is saying about Saturday being a 'must not lose' game, I would expect us to lose it and Sheff Utd to finish the season above us.

I'd give us wins vs Gillingham (H), Shrewsbury (A),  Port Vale (H), Notts County (H), Stevenage (A), Crewe (H), Crawley (A)

Draws vs Swindon (H), Colchester (A), Preston (H)

Defeats vs Sheff Utd (A), Walsall (A), Rotherham (A), Peterborough (A)

I'm usually a little optimistic so convert a couple of those results downwards and we still have enough to stay up.

I appreciate the task it would take but as it stands, 5 wins doesn't seem a lot. Yes it does depend on how other teams do around us also. Just pains me to think how different the table would look if we were able to put a small run together

Doesn't it? When was the last time we won 5 in a row?

15 points wouldn't be made up in 5, 7 or even 10 games unfortunately and a winning run longer than that would be near to our record!

While it's still mathematically possible there's still a whisper for some peoplebut to be honest, I think the highest we could finish is 10th, I think we will finish between 14th-18th.

Richwwtk suggests the wins, losses and draws - that involves winning our last 3 games, unless we are 5 points clear of relegation by then, that is squeeky bum time!

Doesn't it? When was the last time we won 5 in a row?

Last time we won more than 3 was the 11 game run. The last time we won 3 was over the easter break when we played Forest Coventry and someone else in 2011 ever since then we've had 2 wins Forest and Middlesbrough last March

A little bit worrying :o

Bear in mind we've only won 6 in the league all season!!!! It also would mean all of those teams above us would have to not pick up points too! Lets make sure we avoid relegation first then we can start thinking about anything better.

Play-offs? You can not have been sober when you wrote this. All that matters this season is surviving and that is by no means assured. I'd take 20th and staying up by the skin of our teeth... then play-offs next season!

This is a crazy thread. Normally you need about 75 points to reach the playoffs. We currently have 32 points. We have 14 games left which could give us a maximum of 42 points. So 76 points. So to reach the playoffs we have to win all 14 games or maybe 13 wins and a draw. Like the Meerkat says "Simples"

I honestly do not recall a ' winning run ' under Johnson. How many consequetive wins was it?

March/April 2006 - won 7 out of 8 including 5 on the trot.

Feb/March 2007 - 5 consecutive league wins.

Not quite the 11 game run we had under Danny Wilson, but at least we managed promotion under GJ. Danny Wilson's team were great to watch no doubt,  but failing to win promotion that season was very poor.

Archived