IGNORED

Kevin Amankwaah

Shaftesburyred

I don't know what he said to Neil Harris. Can anyone elaborate?

As regards football ability he is one of the many City players with great potential who just faded away. He was playing well with rumours of bigger clubs about to make a bid when he had a bad car accident. Although he seemed to recover he was never quite the same player again

I don't know what he said to Neil Harris. Can anyone elaborate?

As regards football ability he is one of the many City players with great potential who just faded away. He was playing well with rumours of bigger clubs about to make a bid when he had a bad car accident. Although he seemed to recover he was never quite the same player again

Mocked Harris having testicular cancer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8303937.stm

Swindon manager Danny Wilson says the war of words between Kevin Amankwaah and Millwall's Neil Harris is over.

Amankwaah admitted making an "insensitive" comment about Harris' battle with testicular cancer.

The Swindon defender claimed he was racially abused, something Harris has strongly denied.

But Wilson told BBC Wiltshire: "Both players have come to a diplomatic agreement and we've drawn a line under it, end of story."

He added: "When washing starts being hung out in public it's very difficult, but at this moment in time everything is fine.

"Things happen in the game, there's regrets through this one way or another, but that's the end of it."

Amankwaah claimed he suffered "racial and physical abuse" during Saturday's 1-1 draw, in which he clashed with Harris.

The defender apologised to the striker over a jibe about his testicular cancer and is also making a charity donation.

In a statement on the Swindon website Amankwaah said: "My comments may have been misplaced, but equally racial and physical abuse has no place in football.

"I have held my hands up but I think it would be appropriate if others did."

He had initially denied taunting Harris, 32, over his battle against the disease but has decided to make a donation to the Everyman Cancer Charity, of which Harris is a patron.

Harris has described Amankwaah's claims as "frankly laughable."

I remember he broke his neck, came back and was never the same. Ended up going by the way side. He came through around the same time as aaron and marvin brown, all 3 showed great promise but for whatever reason never really made it. Wasted their talent on the lash me thinks.

Didn't Aaron Brown turn down a new contract with us while he had a broken leg? Very strange decision.

Didn't Aaron Brown turn down a new contract with us while he had a broken leg? Very strange decision.

never met any of them so dont know from personal experience but the grapevine said they found themselves a mindset of arrogance and a bit cocksure of themselves-thinking they were bigtime before achieving anything.always sad when great potential is scuppered by a poor attitude.    

never met any of them so dont know from personal experience but the grapevine said they found themselves a mindset of arrogance and a bit cocksure of themselves-thinking they were bigtime before achieving anything.always sad when great potential is scuppered by a poor attitude.

I'm sure it was in the evil post at the time, which means it must be true.

All of the younguns breaking through at the time all thought they were big time. Bumped into them down town nearly every week and all were drunk. Thought they owned the place. I always wondered what would have happened if they came through just a few yrs later under GJ.

All of the younguns breaking through at the time all thought they were big time. Bumped into them down town nearly every week and all were drunk. Thought they owned the place. I always wondered what would have happened if they came through just a few yrs later under GJ.

A few of the youngsters with rubbish attitudes were shipped out by gj

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8303937.stm

Swindon manager Danny Wilson says the war of words between Kevin Amankwaah and Millwall's Neil Harris is over.

Amankwaah admitted making an "insensitive" comment about Harris' battle with testicular cancer.

The Swindon defender claimed he was racially abused, something Harris has strongly denied.

But Wilson told BBC Wiltshire: "Both players have come to a diplomatic agreement and we've drawn a line under it, end of story."

He added: "When washing starts being hung out in public it's very difficult, but at this moment in time everything is fine.

"Things happen in the game, there's regrets through this one way or another, but that's the end of it."

Amankwaah claimed he suffered "racial and physical abuse" during Saturday's 1-1 draw, in which he clashed with Harris.

The defender apologised to the striker over a jibe about his testicular cancer and is also making a charity donation.

In a statement on the Swindon website Amankwaah said: "My comments may have been misplaced, but equally racial and physical abuse has no place in football.

"I have held my hands up but I think it would be appropriate if others did."

He had initially denied taunting Harris, 32, over his battle against the disease but has decided to make a donation to the Everyman Cancer Charity, of which Harris is a patron.

Harris has described Amankwaah's claims as "frankly laughable."

Kevin Amawankah !

Archived