IGNORED

Ticket Office

Tom

Right, I'll say this in advance. This is a moan.

Tomorrow will be my third away game of the season, I ordered 2 student tickets on the phone from the club (the confirmation email has the correct info) and had them posted to my home address (I don't live in Bristol). I just opened the envelope as I'm sorting out all my stuff ready for tomorrow morning.

They've given me one adult ticket, and written "student" on the bottom of it.

Great. So when me and my mate turn up tomorrow we've got to blag our way in to a game we've already paid for. A similar balls up happened when I bought two tickets for Tamworth and they forgot to send them up to Tamworth to collect, I had to practically beg their club secretary to let me in.

I see the lack of performance of late isn't restricted to the pitch, fuming.

We can have an inquest next week about why this has happened Tom. Most important thing is that you get in ok tomorrow. I'm at the game too, so I'll PM you with my mobile number. Give me a call if you have any difficulties

Dave, what can I say, you always come through for people. Even if I don't need you tomorrow, it's nice to know that I can travel up knowing there shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe I was too quick to moan, but it's been a tough week.

I must say the customer service at the ticket office and the friendliness of the staff is great, but there are obviously issues with the fulfillment after the phone goes down. They are clearly isolated issues as I'm sure others on here would be moaning, if they were more common.

Top bloke.

Yes well done for reading your computer dl, Before everybody gushes praise all over our esteemed supporters liason officer let's see if anything comes of the promised inquest ! on past form I wouldn't bet much on that happening, still as previously commented we should all be grateful that dl can read a computer screen at 10 pm ! we are truly blessed !

Yes well done for reading your computer dl, Before everybody gushes praise all over our esteemed supporters liason officer let's see if anything comes of the promised inquest ! on past form I wouldn't bet much on that happening, still as previously commented we should all be grateful that dl can read a computer screen at 10 pm ! we are truly blessed !

As usual Tim is negative about Dave L. He is working at 10pm, I'm sure he's got better things to do. I also bet he isn't being paid. 

What is he using his free time to do? Liaising with supporters?

Do you want blood from him instead?

How can you possibly criticise DL for this response...?!

I doubt if dl is paid hourly tom, part of his job is to read the internet and see what is going on, yes I am cynical about the man and his job within the football club, don't worry though, my cynicism is more than drowned out by the lavish praise he recieves for achieving such herculean tasks as reading a computer screen ! how about waiting to see if his promised inquest actually achieves anything or is it just another example of dl kicking the ball into the long grass ! btw dave, if your heroically still reading your computer screen at 22 40, don't forget about the free programme that the club promised! we had your word on that one, didn't we dave ?

I doubt if dl is paid hourly tom, part of his job is to read the internet and see what is going on, yes I am cynical about the man and his job within the football club, don't worry though, my cynicism is more than drowned out by the lavish praise he recieves for achieving such herculean tasks as reading a computer screen ! how about waiting to see if his promised inquest actually achieves anything or is it just another example of dl kicking the ball into the long grass ! btw dave, if your heroically still reading your computer screen at 22 40, don't forget about the free programme that the club promised! we had your word on that one, didn't we dave ?

I'm loathe to 'like' this but your cynicism has an element of truth to it.

Yet you point blank refuse to attend the FP opportunity to show your face and talk to him about these issues.

I don't know if I'm actually criticising him bar bs 3, more commenting on the ott praise he gets for doing the simplest thing, but then again as I'm a east enderer I doubt if you consider me entitled to a opinion ! oh congrats on being elected to the fans parliament ! how many people voted for you ?

I've no idea.

Do you live your entire life in such a down beat, cynical, bitter manner..?

I sincerely hope not and hope you have some areas of joy to counteract the depressive gloom that surrounds you on here.

Dead right bar bs 3 I won't attend the fans parliament ! as I have explained before I live a 70 mile round trip from Ashton gate, have no transport, and can not afford random mid week train trips, but tbh if I lived 2 minutes from Ashton gate I would not attend anyway,, this is became I can not, and will not support a so called parliament that has no powers, and to which no one is elected ! hell you don't even elect your own chairman, he is appointed by the club, if you and your fellow parliamentarians really believe in fans having a say in the running of the club, I suggest that you campaign for a supporter to be democratically elected to the board, that person would be a true representative of fans, and could also fulfill the role of supporters liason officer !

Dead right bar bs 3 I won't attend the fans parliament ! as I have explained before I live a 70 mile round trip from Ashton gate, have no transport, and can not afford random mid week train trips, but tbh if I lived 2 minutes from Ashton gate I would not attend anyway,, this is became I can not, and will not support a so called parliament that has no powers, and to which no one is elected ! hell you don't even elect your own chairman, he is appointed by the club, if you and your fellow parliamentarians really believe in fans having a say in the running of the club, I suggest that you campaign for a supporter to be democratically elected to the board, that person would be a true representative of fans, and could also fulfill the role of supporters liason officer !

It's been categorically denied by SL that that will happen. The Fans' Parliament meets with the club to mutually discuss progress going forward. It has made a difference. The best person to explain what would be someone actually involved. It certainly gets more done than you do moaning on an internet forum. Tell me Timothy, what have you done?

What happened to the last supporters representative?

You have it all wrong. I was sceptical about it, so went along to see what it was all about.

You can't be bothered to see what it's all about and just sound ignorant.

The only thing I would agree on is that "fans PARLIMENT" is a misleading and inappropriate name for such a forum, but really makes no difference to anyone who bothers to turn up and find out what it's all about.

"dave, if your heroically still reading your computer screen at 22 40, don't forget about the free programme that the club promised! we had your word on that one, didn't we dave ?"

Actually still reading it at 11.40 :-). There will be a free programme before the end of the season Tim, as promised. I will personally deliver one to your house if you like.

What have I done robin ? let's see, I have supported the club for 40+ years, in that time I have watched the club in all 4 divisions from all sides of the ground, I have also watched us on 65 away grounds, I am a season ticket holder in the east end, during that time I must have met literally 100,s of city supporters, any body who actually knowa me will I hope tell you that contrary to bar bs 3 a unfounded opinion I am a person who loyalty and positively supports the club, I have laughed cryed and spilt blood for city, I will never turn my back on them, I have never booed them and I have never left a ground early because we are loosing, here's some things I hasn't done, I hasn't made personal criticisms of fellow city fans became I disagree with them, and I have never mocked a fellow city fan for preferring a different part of the ground to me, despite my total love for the club, I will criticise when I think something is wrong with the club, I believe I have this right I have suffered no end of abuse on here for ddaring to have a different opinion, I realise we can't agree all the time but I assure you I am a commited city fan who happens to be very cynical about the board, and views the fans parliament as a total waste of time !

"dave, if your heroically still reading your computer screen at 22 40, don't forget about the free programme that the club promised! we had your word on that one, didn't we dave ?"

Actually still reading it at 11.40 :-). There will be a free programme before the end of the season Tim, as promised. I will personally deliver one to your house if you like.

Can you deliver someone that can give him a hug too?

What have I done robin ? let's see, I have supported the club for 40+ years, in that time I have watched the club in all 4 divisions from all sides of the ground, I have also watched us on 65 away grounds, I am a season ticket holder in the east end, during that time I must have met literally 100,s of city supporters, any body who actually knowa me will I hope tell you that contrary to bar bs 3 a unfounded opinion I am a person who loyalty and positively supports the club, I have laughed cryed and spilt blood for city, I will never turn my back on them, I have never booed them and I have never left a ground early because we are loosing, here's some things I hasn't done, I hasn't made personal criticisms of fellow city fans became I disagree with them, and I have never mocked a fellow city fan for preferring a different part of the ground to me, despite my total love for the club, I will criticise when I think something is wrong with the club, I believe I have this right I have suffered no end of abuse on here for ddaring to have a different opinion, I realise we can't agree all the time but I assure you I am a commited city fan who happens to be very cynical about the board, and views the fans parliament as a total waste of time !

Tim, what the hell are you going on about?

Look, heres a beer! The weekend has arrived..

That is literally two (badly formed) sentences. Less time on Otib and more with your nose in a book dear boy. Dave is even bringing the programme round for you!

What have I done robin ? let's see, I have supported the club for 40+ years, in that time I have watched the club in all 4 divisions from all sides of the ground, I have also watched us on 65 away grounds, I am a season ticket holder in the east end, during that time I must have met literally 100,s of city supporters, any body who actually knowa me will I hope tell you that contrary to bar bs 3 a unfounded opinion I am a person who loyalty and positively supports the club, I have laughed cryed and spilt blood for city, I will never turn my back on them, I have never booed them and I have never left a ground early because we are loosing.

Shock horror, plenty of rhetoric (look it up) about supporting the club through thick and thin but you're happy to moan about things not getting done while criticising people who are actually engaging them in debate - when you've done sweet FA towards it. People in glass houses...

If he actually takes you up on it I'll go so far as to buy him a dictionary.

So their we go tom, we happen to disagree so you feel entitled to doubt my intelligence ! despite never having met me ! I assure you that I am perfectly well read ( probably better than most on here ) it's just that I don't take posting on otib as seriously as I would say a written application to study English language at Cambridge ! sorry.

I know what rhetoric means robin, you asked me what I had done, andI aanswered as honestly as I could, you responded with petty sneers, I have to say I'm disapointed, we all want the best for the club, just have different ideas of how to achieve it, tbh smug, condescending replies to a attempt to give a genuine answer to a genuine question are hardly going to persuade me to come on board your fans parliament, are they ?

I know what rhetoric means robin, you asked me what I had done, andI aanswered as honestly as I could, you responded with petty sneers, I have to say I'm disapointed, we all want the best for the club, just have different ideas of how to achieve it, tbh smug, condescending replies to a attempt to give a genuine answer to a genuine question are hardly going to persuade me to come on board your fans parliament, are they ?

You're one to talk about giving answers, let's be honest. You criticise people for getting involved with the club to try and change things. I asked you what you had done and you've come up with nothing. You've clearly got a problem with the things at Ashton Gate and while listing your backstory on the terraces is commendable you have listed absolutely nothing about actually getting things changed, but you're happy to have a moan on here.

Finally your FP comment is laughable, sorry you must have been on the cusp of changing your mind before I savagely charged you down with my smugness.

And what actually have you achieved robin ? the board will pretend to listen when it suits them, but in the final analysis will do exactly what suits them, name one majkr change of policy that the fans parliament achieved ? I am not the only person who holds this opinion both ee reps resigned from the fans parliament because they came to the opinion that it was a sham !

Archived