IGNORED

Ticket Office

Tom

And what actually have you achieved robin ? the board will pretend to listen when it suits them, but in the final analysis will do exactly what suits them, name one majkr change of policy that the fans parliament achieved ? I am not the only person who holds this opinion both ee reps resigned from the fans parliament because they came to the opinion that it was a sham !

Wondered when you'd bring that up. It'd have a lot more relevance if I was bitching and moaning about things without doing anything, much like yourself.

so you havnt actually achieved anything then robin ? never mind, you carry on trotting along to your pretend parliament,yyou carry on kidding yourself that the likes of jl and dl give a four x what you think and aren't laughing at you behind your back you carry on kidding yourself that your actually achieving something ( rather than just being a " usefull idiot " for the board ) meanwhile I'll do what I've been doing for over 40 years giving the team my support from the terraces, without any delusions of my own importance, and with no faith what so ever in the board ( or their lackeys ) sorry that that's not good enough for you ! coyr,

so you havnt actually achieved anything then robin ? never mind, you carry on trotting along to your pretend parliament,yyou carry on kidding yourself that the likes of jl and dl give a four x what you think and aren't laughing at you behind your back you carry on kidding yourself that your actually achieving something ( rather than just being a " usefull idiot " for the board ) meanwhile I'll do what I've been doing for over 40 years giving the team my support from the terraces, without any delusions of my own importance, and with no faith what so ever in the board ( or their lackeys ) sorry that that's not good enough for you ! coyr,

I'm amazed you continue to miss the irony in laying into others for trying to make a difference while you do sit here moaning while contributing absolutely nothing to changing things. I'm sure your support from the terraces will be the thing to sort out your obvious long-standing problems with the ticket office, DaveL, Fans' Parliament, and most other facets of the club.

Oh yes, robin,I used complain occasionally, my last attempt to get anything done via the fp, was regardes double ticket checking in the ee, after months of dl saying tbat the practise would stop ( and the practise continuing ) dl appeared to totally reverse his opinion, ( see his totally ludicrous reply to me on the fans parliament sub forum ) so I really thing it is a waste of time complaining, this lot do what they want, as for your asda comment, I quite like asda actually, I dislike tesco so I only shop their when their is no other choice, but you can'tcompare multi national supermarket chains to a football club ! are you actually suggesting that I withdraw my support because I mistrust the board ? wow that's negative ! are you sure that your a city fan ?

Oh yes, robin,I used complain occasionally, my last attempt to get anything done via the fp, was regardes double ticket checking in the ee, after months of dl saying tbat the practise would stop ( and the practise continuing ) dl appeared to totally reverse his opinion, ( see his totally ludicrous reply to me on the fans parliament sub forum ) so I really thing it is a waste of time complaining, this lot do what they want, as for your asda comment, I quite like asda actually, I dislike tesco so I only shop their when their is no other choice, but you can'tcompare multi national supermarket chains to a football club ! are you actually suggesting that I withdraw my support because I mistrust the board ? wow that's negative ! are you sure that your a city fan ?

What's 'ludicrous' is that 'fans' are purposefully going in on the wrong tickets, which has led to the reinstatement TB, as you well know. In your Fans' Parliament would there be no room for reaction from the club? If you get an answer you don't like, would you disband it?

Nowhere have I suggested you withdraw your support. What I have said is that you somehow justify your constant moaning by the fact you're always on the terraces. How exactly is that relevant to making a change to this encyclopaedia of issues you have? There are numerous other avenues for you to go down than in your own words, 'reading your computer'.

Dave I have given you stick in the past but your reply in this topic is top notch. In the past I have been to away games and had troubles so it's good to see in future if your at the game I can contact you. I hope the club can do more things like this. I have given the club a lot of shit for not doing things I expect from them so it's good to see you are slowly getting things right. I think it's only fair that if I moan at things then I should also offer praise when you get things right.

:laugh: at this shit - TB you clearly need to get out more

I purposely didn't have a go at any opinion, just stated the fact you clearly needed to get out a little more, im sure even you may get a little day release ;)

But what I don't like about this thread is the fact that you are raring up on DL when all he is doing is trying to make sure to the best of his ability that a fellow fan gains entrance to today's match.

You seem to constantly be having ago at both DL and the club, its been said loads of times there will be a free prog before the end of the season, if we get to the end and there has been no prog, then fine have a go, i also don't like the fact you are constantly having a ago at fellow fans who are trying to get involved, be it via the FP or AGM's etc, just because you cant be arsed to get involved is your issue, i know of others that attend Q & A's etc that live further than your 70 miles !

Anyway there is my opinion !

Now on to something that really mater's 

COYR

Dave I have given you stick in the past but your reply in this topic is top notch. In the past I have been to away games and had troubles so it's good to see in future if your at the game I can contact you. I hope the club can do more things like this. I have given the club a lot of shit for not doing things I expect from them so it's good to see you are slowly getting things right. I think it's only fair that if I moan at things then I should also offer praise when you get things right.

And that is the difference. Moaning about when things go wrong without any (even grudging) acknowledgement if something is done properly is the bit which (for many it seems) reduces the impact of the moans and allows others to dismiss the moaner as "nothing but a keyboard warrior".

Dave L is not and never will be perfect - who is? But he's one of those guys who does his best to sort stuff out for individual fans, rather than treat us all like a group of customers where if one is lost another will come along shortly. For that I applaud his efforts in general and this effort in particular...   

I have had this happen a couple of times to me bought adults and kids at the same time and they have wrote child on an adult ticket, I didn't give it a second thought as I thought it was a common occurrence with away tickets, surely if you have an adult ticket with child or student wrote on it they aren't going to have a problem with it, I could understand it if it was the other way round and adult was wrote on a child or student ticket tho

I have laughed cryed and spilt blood for city

I too have supported City for 40 years, but I have never spilt blood, or considered it a requirement, Can you let me know how this happened and how it helped the football club? I will then consider doing the same, but I'm struggling to understand how it helped.

I too have supported City for 40 years, but I have never spilt blood, or considered it a requirement, Can you let me know how this happened and how it helped the football club? I will then consider doing the same, but I'm struggling to understand how it helped.

I heard he got a nose bleed from sticking his middle finger up his nose, is this true Timothy?

Ordered 2 tickets for Shrewsbury 1 adult and 1 u16. U16 on it has u12-u16 wrote on it, plus I've had a few tickets in past with child etc. wrote on it. Think its just usual policy depending on the club I'm guessing.

I know some tickets if you look at the ticket they have 2 tear offs for kid and 1 for adult etc.

Oh so.I am constantly having a go at dl am I well that id so wrong to have a go at a club employee, who is employed to spin thr clubs line to fans via the fans parliament and other outlets,some body has the wrong ticket delivedd dl makes vague reassuring noises and the forum collapses in hysterical gratitude that somebody from the club actually reads the forum, the club didn't value us, it gives us scraps from the table, it sets up a fans parliament to convince the gullible that things are improving, what major club policy has the fans parliament changed ? Nome, and none will change, the landowners own the club lock stock and barrel and will do exactly what they want,what is really sad is that became I worry about the future of the clu and moan on here, I am ridiculed, told I should get out more, and that I shout be eligible for day release ( hilariously that mark ) because I hold a different opinion to others it has been decided by the great and the good on this forum, that I am something of a back ward idiot and should be treated with ridicule ( how typical of bullies to hunt their loan victims in a pack ) I happen to disagree with the majority on the merits, and motives of mr lyold and the board, the only answer people who disagree with me seem to have is personal abuse, Mark porter, we have discussed this before, I accept that people make more than 70 mile round journeys to Ashton gate to attend meetings, would you accepts that we do not all have the transport, money, and work schedule, to do this . regarding the free programme that was promised to people who bought season cards, many regard this as a minor issue, and superficially they are right, but I see it as indicative of a club who are happy to make promises but not so keen on delivering ( food vouchers anyone ? dl has now said that their will be a free programme at some unspecified time this season, don't forgot that dl also promised that it would happen before Christmas ! if the club promise somethings they should honour it, supporters like me should not have to run the gauntlet of otib abuse for simply asking for that which we were promised, if you agree with any of my sentiments, please comment, if you disagree I'm sure you've got all your official otib hilarious persons insults ready, feel free boys ( and girls ) I've heard them before, and in the eyes of this city fan they diminish only you !

I have had this happen a couple of times to me bought adults and kids at the same time and they have wrote child on an adult ticket, I didn't give it a second thought as I thought it was a common occurrence with away tickets, surely if you have an adult ticket with child or student wrote on it they aren't going to have a problem with it, I could understand it if it was the other way round and adult was wrote on a child or student ticket tho

The problem was they sent one adult when I bought two student...

Oh so.I am constantly having a go at dl am I well that id so wrong to have a go at a club employee, who is employed to spin thr clubs line to fans via the fans parliament and other outlets,some body has the wrong ticket delivedd dl makes vague reassuring noises and the forum collapses in hysterical gratitude that somebody from the club actually reads the forum, the club didn't value us, it gives us scraps from the table, it sets up a fans parliament to convince the gullible that things are improving, what major club policy has the fans parliament changed ? Nome, and none will change, the landowners own the club lock stock and barrel and will do exactly what they want,what is really sad is that became I worry about the future of the clu and moan on here, I am ridiculed, told I should get out more, and that I shout be eligible for day release ( hilariously that mark ) because I hold a different opinion to others it has been decided by the great and the good on this forum, that I am something of a back ward idiot and should be treated with ridicule ( how typical of bullies to hunt their loan victims in a pack ) I happen to disagree with the majority on the merits, and motives of mr lyold and the board, the only answer people who disagree with me seem to have is personal abuse, Mark porter, we have discussed this before, I accept that people make more than 70 mile round journeys to Ashton gate to attend meetings, would you accepts that we do not all have the transport, money, and work schedule, to do this . regarding the free programme that was promised to people who bought season cards, many regard this as a minor issue, and superficially they are right, but I see it as indicative of a club who are happy to make promises but not so keen on delivering ( food vouchers anyone ? dl has now said that their will be a free programme at some unspecified time this season, don't forgot that dl also promised that it would happen before Christmas ! if the club promise somethings they should honour it, supporters like me should not have to run the gauntlet of otib abuse for simply asking for that which we were promised, if you agree with any of my sentiments, please comment, if you disagree I'm sure you've got all your official otib hilarious persons insults ready, feel free boys ( and girls ) I've heard them before, and in the eyes of this city fan they diminish only you !

You seem to me to be a normally level headed and reasonable poster but you really do seem to have a vendetta against Dave L and tend to jump on criticising anything he says on this forum.

You talk about Dave being some kind of 'spin doctor' for the club, as though they have a hidden agenda to destroy our club and are using him as a puppet to hide behind.

You may not agree with everything the board does, but you have to admit they have the clubs best interests at heart even if you don't agree with what they do. You have every right to complain about things that you see as wrong, and I'm sure many would agree with you, but to label Dave as the directors plaything is being distinctly unfair. The guy has no official capacity to bring about change but is there to act as a link between the fans and the board and I feel he does as good a job as anybody could.

What you seem to want Dave to be is somebody that always takes the fans side and is continually antagonistic towards the board. That would never work.

I'm not keen on the way the club is being run, but there's not a lot I can do about it because all that is happening s happening because the club needs to be run on a more business type footing to give it a better chance of footballing success. I can understand that but just wish it was run more as a club with the fans being treated as fans and not mere consumers. I suspect this is your frustration as well, you just choose to vocalise it differently.

I would agree that things like the Fans Parliament etc are probably superficial but they do bring about some change for the better. The East End would never have been opened had the club not listened to fans. Safe Standing would never have been included in the redevelopment plans if the club hadn't listened. There are other examples I am sure but they can't please everyone all the time and most fans would be up in arms were they to sacrifice ambition for being even more fan friendly. Things like food vouchers and free programmes are a complete waste of time IMO and, whilst I'm sure they will appear at some point, seem to be merely churlish to complain about and should be used as things to make fun of, as many people do on here.

And as a last thing.It really wouldn't hurt your standing to spend at least a little effort on the way you write posts to make them easier to read. I'm a million miles from perfect but that last one of yours was a bugger to make sense of!

wow rich, a reasonable posr thst disagrees with a a lot of what I said but somehow manages to avoid accusing me of walking around with a crayon up my nose or some suvh hilarious remark, while your remarks are sensible and non personal we can agrre to differ, the difficulty of reading my posts ? I'm sure I will be derided by some on here, but I post from a cheap mobike phone which makes it impossible to set proper paragraphs etc, I agree that I could take more care with punctuation and spelling, but considering that many of the oh so intelligent fans on here who are the only ones who are entitled to a opinion have decided that I am a moron because I dare to disagree with them, why should I bother ?

Rich you say that the board have the clubs best interest at heart, I some what doubt this, many people accept that last seasons relegation was to some extent arranged, who knows what the lansdownes have planned for the club, what is certain is that no body will be able to stop them ! how about a Bristol united, with the lansdownes paid employee dl selling it to our gullible fan base, aidded and abbeted by the fans parliament who as usual nod along with everything the board say ! who voted for these people ? oh hang on, nobody did !

In the past coupe of seasons the board have economised on just about everything, ticket office staff, maintainence staff, players pre match meals, they've even cut the &10 or whatever it was that scrumpy robin was paid, one area where their have been no cut backs however is on the wage that is paid to dl ! is this because the board just looove the fans and want us to have tbe bestest supporters liason officer in the world ? no I think it's because in dl they see a smooth pr man, who is good at his job ofIkeeping our ever gullible fans in order, while they get on with what ever plans they have for what was once our club ! to give him credit dl is good at his job, and well worth every penny to the board !

Rich you say that the board have the clubs best interest at heart, I some what doubt this, many people accept that last seasons relegation was to some extent arranged, who knows what the lansdownes have planned for the club, what is certain is that no body will be able to stop them ! how about a Bristol united, with the lansdownes paid employee dl selling it to our gullible fan base, aidded and abbeted by the fans parliament who as usual nod along with everything the board say ! who voted for these people ? oh hang on, nobody did !

I met Steve Lansdown several times whilst he was a member of the board but before he became the owner and I would certainly say that he has no ill intentions towards the club. He only became involved with City in the first place because Jon Lansdown was a supporter at the time and Steve found himself in a position to help the club out financially. Since then it has obviously moved on somewhat and ended up with Jon in charge and Steve owning the club. If nothing else this means that at least we have someone running the club that has been a fan since childhood. I am in no position whatsoever to make a judgement on their competence to do the job, but I am 100% confident that they have the best interests of the club at heart. They are certainly not in it to make money.

It could always be, of course, that at some point in the future they would decide that the club's best interests lie in having 'Bristol United'. I hope to god not, and I also hope that sense would prevail and fan power on both sides of the City would nip in the bud any such plans. It's bad enough putting up with the majority view that success is more important than the 'soul' of the club, but I'm fairly certain that I'm in a sizeable minority (but a minority nonetheless) in that view.

The majority of the fanbase would not roll over and let the Lansdown's do whatever they wanted with the club. There would be a line and if it were ever crossed then I am sure they would back down once the majority's displeasure was made clear. What has happened at Cardiff would not happen here because we have people in charge that are fans at heart.

The Fans Parliament really isn't worth getting so worked up about. If nothing else it provides the fans with a convenient way to get their views heard by the people that run the club. The people in charge may choose to ignore what is being said, but it has at least been said! There is no need for democratically elected members because, as has been mentioned several times, anybody is free to attend at their own choosing. If you can't attend yourself, then I'm sure you could contact someone who does and ask them to represent your views. They might even agree with you! Failing that, an email to your good friend Mr Lloyd would ensure that your opinion was at least voiced. It may not be perfect, but short of mass protest or writing a letter to the club, it's about the only option you have.

Can you tell I'm bored at work today? I never normally write this much!

In the past coupe of seasons the board have economised on just about everything, ticket office staff, maintainence staff, players pre match meals, they've even cut the &10 or whatever it was that scrumpy robin was paid, one area where their have been no cut backs however is on the wage that is paid to dl ! is this because the board just looove the fans and want us to have tbe bestest supporters liason officer in the world ? no I think it's because in dl they see a smooth pr man, who is good at his job ofIkeeping our ever gullible fans in order, while they get on with what ever plans they have for what was once our club ! to give him credit dl is good at his job, and well worth every penny to the board !

As I just said, I am in no position to judge the people in charge on their competence, only their feelings towards Bristol City, and they are all working towards making the club as successful as possible.

I doubt David Lloyd is on a particularly huge wage at City, but I stand to be proved wrong on that. He is indeed employed to utilise PR as part of his job, but there is certainly no imperative need for a 'Fans Liaison Officer', I'm sure they could have never employed him and nobody would have complained. It is merely an attempt to bridge the gap between board and fans. I think you are seeing conspiracy where there is none there.

Timothy Timothy Timothy....

To conclude this. I called him and Dave paid for my ticket out of his own pocket (Which I hope the club give him back), after the United staff were less than helpful or friendly. Dave says hi Tim!

I've never been DL's biggest fan, but he's been first class here, and has gone right up in my estimation.

Archived