IGNORED

Lee Rigby's Murderers Sentenced

Esmond Million's Bung

Using any argument against any religious zealot of any persuasion is a waste of time. They are completely deluded and their views cannot be changed by logical argument. They argue 100% radicalised.

Their views, not being based in reason, cannot be changed by reason.

No harm in asking the Saudi Arabian authorities if they'd execute the Muslim convert killers of Lee Rigby as part of a trade deal. While they're at it they could also stone to death the woman that recently slashed to death 3 men in Cambridgeshire and repeatedly stabbed two men in Hereford. Ian Brady the Moors murderer could also be executed as part of a deal.

Haha! A " cash for slash" deal!

Good effort.

But I do despair about how pretty much every thread on non football chat must become an anti Islamic thread.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was an anti Islamic extremist thread, but it always descends into farce.

There is a rationale there though.

If, to take a neutral category, Bristol City fans were time and time again coming up in court and being found guilty of forming gangs that groomed, raped and prostituted vulnerable underage girls would you not think that there was something wrong with what Bristol City fans believed and thought and that this was the root cause of their behaviour.

So time and time again muslim gangs with their roots in Pakistan are doing this. These are not lone psychopaths, there is clearly something in the combination of their cultural and religious make up that makes them think that this is ok.  You don't get Sikh or Hindu gangs from India doing this.

So, going back to the football fan analogy, given the vast amount of police effort and disproportionate sentencing meted out to football fans because they are (taken as a whole) more prone to having a scrap than your average person then shouldn't similar police efforts be applied to monitoring muslim Pakistani communities to prevent far worse crimes?

That the majority of muslim Pakistani are perfectly law-abiding should not prevent this purely on the grounds of race.  The majority of football fans are perfectly law-abiding too but we've all seen or been on the end of very heavy-handed policing.

Mass murder at a railway station in China - 29 innocent passengers hacked to death with knives by a group of Xinjiang separatists http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-26404566 . Who? Where on Earth is Xinjiang? Apparently it used to be called Sinkiang...

Then the next paragraph makes it clear - Muslim separatists from Xinjiang. What is it with Muslims and random murder?

Is there something about Islam that provoked its devotees to violence, or are we just over sensitised by recent events to notice the religion of these murdering scum and think "Ah yes, Muslims. That's what they do"?

I quite like how Phillip Pullman - no extremist he - puts it in this piece. Religion has no place involving itself in people's sexuality and it cetainly should never be allowed to control or influence the instruments of power:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10701275/Philip-Pullman-condemns-the-terrible-things-Islamic-extremists-have-done-to-young-girls-in-its-name.html

I have no idea why people keep talking about female genital mutilation and religion- especially Islam. As far as I'm aware it's a cultural act associated with poor African communities that are usually practicing a mixture of Christian and animalistic or ancestor worshipping religions. Evidently Islamic communities engage in it, but it's Africa where the crux of that problem lies. There was an interesting article in the Independent on Sunday (I think) on attempts by a 'religious' group called the Raelians (who are bonkers but that's beside the point) to open a clinic in Burkina Faso to 'restore' women's clitorises, where the government and Catholic Church have for it shut down for no apparent reason. All very strange how people behave towards other people

Can't really argue with the rest of what Pullman says to be honest

I have no idea why people keep talking about female genital mutilation and religion- especially Islam. As far as I'm aware it's a cultural act associated with poor African communities that are usually practicing a mixture of Christian and animalistic or ancestor worshipping religions. Evidently Islamic communities engage in it, but it's Africa where the crux of that problem lies. There was an interesting article in the Independent on Sunday (I think) on attempts by a 'religious' group called the Raelians (who are bonkers but that's beside the point) to open a clinic in Burkina Faso to 'restore' women's clitorises, where the government and Catholic Church have for it shut down for no apparent reason. All very strange how people behave towards other people

In think it's mainly practised in Islamic countries, CD. They get it in places like the Yemen and tribal areas of Pakistan as well as Africa, but perhaps he's generalising in making out it's an Islamic practice. It is something associated with religious belief that women shouldn't enjoy sex though - and that ties in with Pullman's basic points. 

'Honour killings UK' google.co.uk

The number = the number of pages that match this phrase one way or another, not the number of honour killings in the UK!  

It's a gruesome read.  

Are honour killings a part of UK culture? No.  Perhaps honour killings were imported then.

Remove the cause, remove the effect.

2z5u7ic.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-22659300

If he was a muslim that would be an "Honor Killing" maybe its just murder and we didnt import it? 

Your correct, its got nothing to do with any teachings in Islam its a tribal african tradition.

And now the wife gets banged up - what is wrong with these flipping people - what planet do they actually live on?

Kicking off because a mosque let a NON-MUSLIM in!!

Its a Mosque FFS - religion of peace and all that?

Yet another brainwashed convert.

These people need to just be booted to the savage lands, for everyones sake.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2583577/Muslim-woman-22-refused-remove-niqab-court-jailed-six-months-terrorising-mosque-security-guard-allowed-non-Muslim-women-inside.html

That is wrong, I walked up to many moques before I converted and spoke to many well balanced normal Imams, this women is clearly unhinged.

He's not talking from an ilinformed perspective and he is talking nonsese.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b05_1346665458&comments=1

It reminds me of this video from the BNP video, talks it up as a no go area, how dangerous it is, and the promptly drives past a ladbrooks, some pubs and quite a few white non muslim people....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4714903,-1.862114,17z

They are driving around Coventry road just up from Birmingham City that I have walked up last year when we played Brum...  No go my ass! these groups are all that same they want to paint one picture....

But to Islamists it seems to be essential? Hence the multiple convictions around the UK for this happening. Some may be African, but they are all Muslim.

You're best bet is to look at Nigeria as a case study, its about a 50\50 split between people who identify as christians and Muslim and they range from barely practising to extremely conservative and both groups have FGM in equal measure. A lot of African tribes do it, and it tends to get bundled up into everything they do.

There is a islamic teaching around excessive body hair and being clean that's as extreme as it gets. The principle of to much body hair is that impurities like urine can end up in your hairs so its best not to have any. Makes keeping clean easier.

The idea of cliterous being removed is to do with tribal traditions. Which is why its not really a Pakistani problem though they have their own problems too, they bring the notion of family honour arranged marriage etc etc from the sub continent.

But to Islamists it seems to be essential? Hence the multiple convictions around the UK for this happening. Some may be African, but they are all Muslim.

They're not all Muslim at all. The practice predates Islam and is almost exclusively African (only Yemen and Iraqi Kurds practice it extensively outside of Africa and even there it isn't the norm). Read this article for a bit of info

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/fgm-clitoraid-and-the-pleasure-hospital-us-sect-the-ralians-quest-to-restore-women-scarred-by-female-genital-mutilation-in-burkina-faso-9195795.html

Can't imagine the Catholic Church dipping their oar into an exclusively Islamic practice. It is abhorrent and I'm not for a second saying that Muslims don't practice extensively in certain parts of the world, but it's got very little to do with their being Muslims and everything to do with cultural traditions

They're not all Muslim at all. The practice predates Islam and is almost exclusively African (only Yemen and Iraqi Kurds practice it extensively outside of Africa and even there it isn't the norm). Read this article for a bit of info

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/fgm-clitoraid-and-the-pleasure-hospital-us-sect-the-ralians-quest-to-restore-women-scarred-by-female-genital-mutilation-in-burkina-faso-9195795.html

Can't imagine the Catholic Church dipping their oar into an exclusively Islamic practice. It is abhorrent and I'm not for a second saying that Muslims don't practice extensively in certain parts of the world, but it's got very little to do with their being Muslims and everything to do with cultural traditions

The feature I read CD suggested the Catholic hierarchy was objected to this FGM repair surgery because it was financed and run by a cult, the Raelians (look em up, they're run by a sort of Swiss David Ike).

I believe SX is right on this issue and it is pretty much an Islamic practice in certain countries. Like the wearing of the Niqab and Burkha - things that were only tradition with the upper caste Persians and Afghans - the practise has been spread by extremists who insist that it is part of the religion.

The feature I read CD suggested the Catholic hierarchy was objected to this FGM repair surgery because it was financed and run by a cult, the Raelians (look em up, they're run by a sort of Swiss David Ike).

I believe SX is right on this issue and it is pretty much an Islamic practice in certain countries. Like the wearing of the Niqab and Burkha - things that were only tradition with the upper caste Persians and Afghans - the practise has been spread by extremists who insist that it is part of the religion.

Oh aye; the Raelians are ******* bonkers, but you can't argue with their aims in this case

Yes, it is pretty much an Islamic practice in some countries, but in a number of others it isn't. My original objection is that it is often portrayed as a strictly Islamic practice but it isn't. Wearing a burkha or a niqab is. I wholeheartedly agree that all practices mentioned are justified through religion, though there is nothing in any religious text to back it up

It didn't say male circumcision for hocus pocus middle eastern religious reasons was illegal - just disgusting.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Circumcision/Pages/Introduction.aspx

NHS find it OK... Don't pretend to be compasionate you know what you are.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_male_circumcision

Its not hard to read up on it, everyone is doing it, most through choice though.

Male circumcision for non-medical reasons is as disgusting as FGM. No religion has the right to damage the genitals of a baby, child or young person who is not able to consent.

These barbaric practices have no place in the UK.

I am not in favour of circumcision but it's not the same. You can't equate removing something that takes all the pleasure out of sex with excising something that is a nice optional extra.

Archived