IGNORED

Akinfenywa. Big Or What?

Robbored

I watched him lose El Abd at the corner from which they equalised. Awful, awful marking. I was quite impressed by Akinfenywa though. He played well.

Back post again. When will we learn.

The highest level I played was a glorified pub team, but even our manager told us to put one man on there for corners.

Is he a top guy..? Based on what..?

It was glaringly noticeable that none of the other Gillingham players seemed to communicate with him.

Even after his assist, he plodded back to half way all on his own whilst the rest of his team were all celebrating together.

Seemed odd as he was their best player.

Is he a top guy..? Based on what..?

It was glaringly noticeable that none of the other Gillingham players seemed to communicate with him.

Even after his assist, he plodded back to half way all on his own whilst the rest of his team were all celebrating together.

Seemed odd as he was their best player.

Well, would you want him jumping on you after you scored?!

I'd have him here. His style of play isn't one that deteriorates that much with age, I think he's 31 or so now but could be really effective for a couple of years.

If Gills go down I'd like us to have a look, very different to anything we've got and a clever player.

+ 1

Even if it was in a "last 20 minutes" sort of role.

anyone who wants Akinfenwa here must be happy with us staying in League One for the foreseeable future

He'd be very capable in league 1, he probably wouldn't be a prolific goalscorer but he is totally different to anything we've had since Adebola.

We could use his guile up front. You're right, he's not a championship signing but we're a league 1 club and on this seasons showing, an average to poor one. 

I'd have him here. His style of play isn't one that deteriorates that much with age, I think he's 31 or so now but could be really effective for a couple of years.

If Gills go down I'd like us to have a look, very different to anything we've got and a clever player.

At least we'd be able to make a credible wall for set pieces: He'd be it.

Which is good, because Akinfenwa isn't.

Check his BMI, probably mortally obese.

I know what you are going to say, it's muscle not fat and I accept that BMI is flawed, but the guy is too heavy (whether it's muscle or fat) and if he spent less time in the weights room and more time training for football, he'd probably be a better player. Look at players like Drogba, big and strong but not ridiculous meat heads. Being able to bench press 150kg is completely pointless for a footballer. He'd be better 2 stone lighter and faster as he'd still be big and strong but a lot more mobile and less likely to blow out a knee.

Just my opinion.

Edited to remove any reference to steroids.

I know what you are going to say, it's muscle not fat and I accept that BMI is flawed, but the guy is too heavy (whether it's muscle or fat) and if he spent less time in the weights room and more time training for football, he'd probably be a better player. Look at players like Drogba, big and strong but not ridiculous roid heads. Being able to bench press 150kg is completely pointless for a footballer. He'd be better 2 stone light and faster as he'd still be big and strong but a lot more mobile and less likely to blow out a knee.

Just my opinion.

If he's too heavy (probably is), that doesn't make him obese, which you've just admitted so bit of a dumbass comment to make.

He has been in League 1 and 2 for the last 10 years consistently, so clearly he has had a reasonable career. I think he has been bulking up with a view to take up a different 'sport' post football, which is sensible if you ask me.

Accusing him of using steroids shows your lack of knowledge completely!

I know what you are going to say, it's muscle not fat and I accept that BMI is flawed, but the guy is too heavy (whether it's muscle or fat) and if he spent less time in the weights room and more time training for football, he'd probably be a better player. Look at players like Drogba, big and strong but not ridiculous roid heads. Being able to bench press 150kg is completely pointless for a footballer. He'd be better 2 stone light and faster as he'd still be big and strong but a lot more mobile and less likely to blow out a knee.

Just my opinion.

Techincally, if rated by BMI, he is obese, I'll give you that. But I wouldn't describe him that way. I think "Roid head" is off base and you know it. It's known his size means he takes longer to recover from injuries, which I'm fairly certain proves he doesn't use steroids.

If he's too heavy (probably is), that doesn't make him obese, which you've just admitted so bit of a dumbass comment to make.

He has been in League 1 and 2 for the last 10 years consistently, so clearly he has had a reasonable career. I think he has been bulking up with a view to take up a different 'sport' post football, which is sensible if you ask me.

Accusing him of using steroids shows your lack of knowledge completely!

Well I'm sorry but it does. Currently obesity is measured by BMI. So by the very definition he is obese. I also said I don't agree with that definition but he still is technically obese.

I didn't accuse him personally of using steroids either, although perhaps my wording should have been different, what I meant was 'meat head'. And I actually do know a lot about steroids, as one of my mates takes them and I work out with him, although I don't use them myself.

Well I'm sorry but it does. Currently obesity is measured by BMI. So by the very definition he is obese. I also said I don't agree with that definition but he still is technically obese.

I didn't accuse him personally of using steroids either, although perhaps my wording should have been different, what I meant was 'meat head'. And I actually do know a lot about steroids, as one of my mates takes them and I work out with him, although I don't use them myself.

If you're going to call him obese, and use BMI as a justification, then I can't argue with that. But it's stupid isn't it....

Judging by his photos on the net his body fat fluctuates a hell of a lot. Sometimes ripped sometimes a blob. If you accept he is too heavy (muscle or fat) then my original point stands and he isn't a model pro however you slice the cake.

Still managed to get an assist against us lot...!!!

:facepalm:

Judging by his photos on the net his body fat fluctuates a hell of a lot. Sometimes ripped sometimes a blob. If you accept he is too heavy (muscle or fat) then my original point stands and he isn't a model pro however you slice the cake.

Sorry fellow poster but for once you're making yourself look a "right plum " .

Archived