IGNORED

Jet

redjar

What is it with him then lazy ? Thinks he is better than us ? Wants to move on ? Or just simply cant be bothered ? was sat in dolman today and few shouting out at what he was doing(or not doing) I noticed when pack came on pack was at least 5/6 yards behind j then ran past to make a tackle below dolman when jet just stood still and done nothing .....

What is it with him then lazy ? Thinks he is better than us ? Wants to move on ? Or just simply cant be bothered ? was sat in dolman today and few shouting out at what he was doing(or not doing) I noticed when pack came on pack was at least 5/6 yards behind j then ran past to make a tackle below dolman when jet just stood still and done nothing .....

Leave it yeah?!

I knew it was only a matter of time before a thread slagging JET off started....

He played better first half, second half poor but we are collectively. People will conveniently forget his involvement in the first goal though of course....

Trouble is, jet lovers will say his  pathetic throw in straight to a gills defender counted as an assist for the second.

Thought he was excellent today and heavily involved, can't understand this fixation with 'workrate' or 'doing a shift' 

Dribbling and close control with that feint he does tied up Gills in knots and led to either a free kick, corner or retaining posession and the flick in the first half was sublime. His first touch is also not bad. Will skip over the right footed shot when he cut in 2nd half but at least could see what he meant to do.

Thought he was excellent today and heavily involved, can't understand this fixation with 'workrate' or 'doing a shift' 

Dribbling and close control with that feint he does tied up Gills in knots and led to either a free kick, corner or retaining posession and the flick in the first half was sublime. His first touch is also not bad. Will skip over the right footed shot when he cut in 2nd half but at least could see what he meant to do.

Have you been watching city long ?

I had some moron in front of me shouting come on 'Thomas you**** look interested' for about 5mins when the ball wasn't even in play and a player was getting treatment. What's he meant to do start doing back flips until the balls back in play!?

I also had another moron near me who was lapping up every flick or close bit of control that JET did only to accuse him of not being 'fit to wear the shirt' and later shout 'get out of our club' as soon as he lost the ball.

It's absolutely embarrassing and some of our fans deserve **** all. The same type of completely over the top criticism was being thrown at Adomah last season as well. Absolutely ridiculous.

Are people not going to mention that he kept going back to defend set pieces and won some crucial headers back there for us. Yes JET was defending!!

He's on a bad run of form at the moment but seriously what the hell do people expect from him!?

Thought he was a bit better today. Some nice flicks and lay-offs and held the ball up well a few times. Looks lost at the moment though.

Me too. He's never going to run around like Baldock does but he played pretty well yesterday.

48 years, old school i'm afraid as it seems that it takes very little to please some fans these days.

Compared to you I'm a mere youngster as only been going 32 yrs ! Don't care about old school/new school I just like footballers and JET is one of those in any era.

Compared to you I'm a mere youngster as only been going 32 yrs ! Don't care about old school/new school I just like footballers and JET is one of those in any era.

That's fair enough, i've personally never taken to him even with his goals and hope he will be gone in the summer along with a few others, not holding my breath though.

He played better first half yesterday but while he was scoring and making goals people were happy to overlook everything else.

He does a couple of flicks and tricks but I think he has been found out now and quite often has two or three players on him.

I honestly don't get how people constantly defend him. He has not had a half decent game for months. To think of the abuse some players get after a bad game as well. Jet seems to be untouchable to some.

Taylor10 is right, some of our fanbase are embarrassing. It's almost as if football is secondary to their main focus of shouting out constant abuse. Their is great irony and hypocrisy in these people expecting our players to give 10/10 performances every game and yet not giving the same levels of flawless support.

That's fair enough, i've personally never taken to him even with his goals and hope he will be gone in the summer along with a few others, not holding my breath though.

I know, I know!

I rarely take to players who score lots of goals, make lots of goals and have highe ability levels!

I know, I know!

I rarely take to players who score lots of goals, make lots of goals and have highe ability levels!

With JET...I can.see both sides of the argument.

Has bags of talent, but is one of the laziest players I have ever seen, let alone at City.

For me, its no suprise no one came in for him in January, even with his goals and assists.

I like players that play football....and I am well aware in this country we seem to have a culture where we praise players more for bombing around for 90 minutes...then we do for actually 'playing football the right way'. JET can certainly play when he wants....

...For me though, he just doesnt give a toss. Good player, thinks he is better then he is, doesnt care enough about.this club or its current plight. He sums up everything that is wrong about the modern day footballer, thinks hes "made it" already.

Bags of talent but will never mount to any more then a top half league 1/lower championship player.

As Bemmy Jeff said...I will personally be glad to see the back of him in the summer.

He played well yesterday and worked as hard as anyone. Kept the ball well, good first touches and won freekicks and corners. Was unlucky not to get on the end of the cross first half. Problem is now people have a negative perception of him so that's all they will see. He didn't score but more than contributed to the performance. People need to stop looking for scapegoats, even after a win! Its pathetic.

It's funny that we have a great player at out club like jet who has scored and assisted many yet some of our fans want to hound him out of the club like Maynard. What will you say when he is gone and we can't replace his talent? Ffs, get behind the man and make him feel loved at this club or we will lose one of the best talents we've had at the gate in a long while.

He played well yesterday and worked as hard as anyone. Kept the ball well, good first touches and won freekicks and corners. Was unlucky not to get on the end of the cross first half. Problem is now people have a negative perception of him so that's all they will see. He didn't score but more than contributed to the performance. People need to stop looking for scapegoats, even after a win! Its pathetic.

+1

Last week JET was dire - as was Barnett - I was glad not to see TB on the pitch, but worried about how JET would play. He was much improved. Seemed to want to win the ball and did, had some nice lay offs and touches first half. Second half he tried to create and had he produced a shot like we know he can would have been our best chance of going 2 clear before their goal. If he plays like yesterday the criticism is not justified. After last week it was. 

He's on a bad run no question, but why we can't support him through this dry patch (clue's in the title after all - supporters) rather than see the need to abuse him at every opportunity I don't know. He was involved in some good things yesterday and certainly looked interested, hopefully he can get a goal soon and go on a little run again. He's still been getting assists galore though and the stick he receives is absurd.

God forbid if we ever had a player like Berbatov at the Gate, he'd probably be assassinated for a perceived lack of effort despite his worldly ability. 

He's on a bad run no question, but why we can't support him through this dry patch (clue's in the title after all - supporters) rather than see the need to abuse him at every opportunity I don't know. He was involved in some good things yesterday and certainly looked interested, hopefully he can get a goal soon and go on a little run again. He's still been getting assists galore though and the stick he receives is absurd.

God forbid if we ever had a player like Berbatov at the Gate, he'd probably be assassinated for a perceived lack of effort despite his worldly ability.

Support the team of course. But why can't we criticise a player out of form.

Didnt hear many people saying support fontaine, kilkenny etc...

I really don't understand why people feel jet cannot be criticised for playing badly. Yes he had a decent 30 mins yesterday but still...

Archived