IGNORED

Uk Holiday

Barrs Court Red

How is Cornwall too far? 

You only live once FFS.

Cornwall or the Lake District. It's a no-brainer.

Stunning, wonderful scenery, good beer, good nosh. The British landscape at it's absolute finest.

DON'T GO IN AUGUST.

West Wales has some of the most beautiful beaches and small towns. I love spending time there.

Shh don't let everyone in on it!  Totally agree though, been to Harlech last few years which is lovely.

I like the coast road between Padstow and Newquay, there is a cove or beach just around each corner, and in the sunshine it's as good as anywhere on the planet.

Has it got a pub though?

I found the near perfect place a few years ago, a great pub on an idyllic beach.

http://www.tycoch.co.uk/

Just a pity it's so far away.

The Isle of Purbeck is nice too. I don't know if it's because it's lined with hills, but it seems to enjoy a sunnier microclimate than most of  the West Country.

Swanage is a lovely, old-fashioned British seaside resort with old-fashioned non-chain shops and - being an old smuggling port - loads and loads of decent boozers.

The Isle of Purbeck is nice too. I don't know if it's because it's lined with hills, but it seems to enjoy a sunnier microclimate than most of  the West Country.

Swanage is a lovely, old-fashioned British seaside resort with old-fashioned non-chain shops and - being an old smuggling port - loads and loads of decent boozers.

Another Dorset fan, well done sir.

Cornwall is nice but crowded and geared to tourists.

We stayed in St Ives (where my wife grew up) over Christmas. Absolute magic!

Yep, St.Ives is a great place at Christmas. We stayed just behind the Sloop Inn a few years ago and went to see the lights at Mousehole from there.

We did get attacked by swooping seagulls coming out of the pasty shop though and had I one snatched out of my hands - the shop staff hadn't warned us about them and were having a good laugh about it.

Cornwall's great in the Winter, you can go to places like Porthcurno and the Minack Theatre and they're completely deserted, and watching the huge crashing waves at Mousehole and Mullion Cove is fantastic free entertainment.

Cornwall appears the fan's favourite. However, the scenery is just as pleasing in Dorset and it's only a two hour drive.

As a bonus, not so many holiday makers as in Cornwall or Devon so if it's rest you want.....

Try the walk from Seatown to Charnmouth over Golden Cap, then back to the Anchor Inn for an early supper.

Easily doable in a day, and back in Bristol before dusk in early Summer.

Bit more difficult from Peterboro' though. ;)

Cornwall appears the fan's favourite. However, the scenery is just as pleasing in Dorset and it's only a two hour drive.

As a bonus, not so many holiday makers as in Cornwall or Devon so if it's rest you want.....

true but the roads are a ball ache just like devon. cornwall moves along much easier

true but the roads are a ball ache just like devon. cornwall moves along much easier

Cornwall's much easier by rail, but next year Swanage will be connected to the Big railway again :)

Like Red-Robbo, I love the Swanage pubs.

Try the walk from Seatown to Charnmouth over Golden Cap, then back to the Anchor Inn for an early supper.

Easily doable in a day, and back in Bristol before dusk in early Summer.

Bit more difficult from Peterboro' though. ;)

Do you mean Seaton Noggers ?

Archived