IGNORED

Whose Actually Harder...rovers Or City ?

The Humble Realist

Nah.

Far better, let's erect a statue to those who leave the Dulmoan 10 minutes before the end. Alternatively, how about a prawn sandwich as a mark of respect for those supporters who are part of the 'sit down, shut up' brigade that have done so much to ruin the atmosphere and make it passionless, sterile match day experience nowadays.

So everyone who doesn't want to get boozed up and be a thug at football is part of the prawn sandwich brigade?

The argument based along the lines of "football hooligans are idiots / chavs / old men stuck in the past / don't actually support the club" (delete as appropriate) is boring and has been done many many times before, and I'm not going to join in either way.

This sums it up for me though;

"For those who know no explanation is necessary,

For those who don't no explanation is possible."

This sums it up for me though;

"For those who know no explanation is necessary,

For those who don't no explanation is possible."

This could be used to excuse any sort of anti-social, ignorant or just plain illegal behaviour.

Football wasn't exciting in the old days because of the thugs, it was despite them. It could also be very plausibly argued that the more sterile atmosphere at football today is a direct consequence of the hooligan behaviour throughout the seventies and eighties.

So everyone who doesn't want to get boozed up and be a thug at football is part of the prawn sandwich brigade?

Don't be daft.

Some of our hard core sandwich support are particularly partial to egg mayo. Proper 'old school' the Egg Mayo Army.

I'm fairly certain that random violence towards strangers who happen to support a different football team to yourself is a perfectly valid way of showing your support for Bristol City. Imagine, without these hordes to defend our honour then the East End may have been 'taken', just the way our reputation was greatly enhanced by the way we could 'take' other clubs pieces of terracing where we weren't supposed to stand.

We people that find this sort of thing alien, nay abhorrent, really should take a long, hard look at ourselves and recognise that the only reason we have a club to support is through the courage of, and daring deeds being carried out by, the few for us, the many.

When Ashton Gate is rebuilt, then there should be a memorial wall somewhere bearing the names of 'Big Rog', 'Frank the Knife', 'Black Tony' (to prove we're not racist) and many others that ensured our mighty club can carry themselves with pride, knowing that there are people out there prepared to bleed for the club, regardless of what the overpaid pansies on the pitch might be doing. In fact, may I go so far as suggesting a statue being erected in their honour? It would be a far more fitting image than John Atyeo. After all, the top lads never go away, Atyeo was merely a player and retired.

Don't forget Dave the Ocelot.  Pwoper Nawty....

Nowadays some mobs aren't just involved with football related activities.

The GHS are very, very active players away from Football.

You're saying they could be "sitting down in the road" away from football as well? So, we could be innocently motoring along from Rolls Royce up Patch, towards Winterbourne, and at Liddle Stoke, a squab of GHS could come from nowhere and park themselves in the road, taking up hours of plod time and outraging the Post? I'll cut through the top of Bradley Stoke in future then

Nowadays some mobs aren't just involved with football related activities.

The GHS are very, very active players away from Football.

In Broadmead this morning, I went around the long way to Primark, didnt want to chance passing too near BHS, cant be too careful who knows if they're affiliated? ... 

You're saying they could be "sitting down in the road" away from football as well? So, we could be innocently motoring along from Rolls Royce up Patch, towards Winterbourne, and at Liddle Stoke, a squab of GHS could come from nowhere and park themselves in the road, taking up hours of plod time and outraging the Post? I'll cut through the top of Bradley Stoke in future then

'We sit where we want, we sit where we want, we are the Gas Hit Squad, we sit where we want'

'We sit where we want, we sit where we want, we are the Gas Hit Squad, we sit where we want'

Half of them are so old sitting down is the easy bit,getting back up unaided is another matter,the other half have only just progressed from crawling and being breast fed.

Are they fighting in supermarkets?

Anyone up for steaming into Lidl's one day next week. If there's enough of us I am sure we can take it. Restore our reputation and all that.

Can someone text Randy and the Smashers?

Who can make the sandwiches?

Anyone up for steaming into Lidl's one day next week. If there's enough of us I am sure we can take it. Restore our reputation and all that.

Can someone text Randy and the Smashers?

Who can make the sandwiches?

Are we ready for a Lidl's,I think we should start off with burger van or an evening post seller and work our way up..

How about hiring rowing boats on Portishead lake and taking too long to come back when our numbers are called?

I like it ,but it could take weeks of planning ,we would also need a spotter,far too risky for a young lad,I mean you're talking Portishead boating lake for ****s sake.

How about hiring rowing boats on Portishead lake and taking too long to come back when our numbers are called?

Oh yes. Those swans are game, er, swans, pwoper tasty (not that I've been eating them, your maj) and not many try taking them on. Sitting down on the lake, in a rowing boat. Trumps "sitting down in the road"

Archived