IGNORED

Three Lions End Of Season Flag Day 2014

cider head

Why do I get the feeling you hope they weren't?

Could be a case of Chinese whispers.

their could've of been a slight exaggeration in the message. You really don't know unless you were there and saw it happen

I refer you both to post 54 on this thread ask them if they or grand children were making it up, it's that simple.

or to post 1 on the thread 'Ashamed', ask that poster the same.

Your spouting your bile all over the place this morning

Give it a rest

What bile FFS?, 2 different/independent BCFC fans/posters reported on here that their families were caught up in some bad behaviour O/S the 3 Lions and some people are basically calling them liars, there is an easy way to sort it, ask them, there must be a reason they reported what they did, that's not bile.

I refer you both to post 54 on this thread ask them if they or grand children were making it up, it's that simple.

or to post 1 on the thread 'Ashamed', ask that poster the same.

You need not refer me to any posts, I was more interested in why, as someone who wasn't there you seem to want this "story" to be true?

Your negative posts often crop up all over threads like these. Do you or have you ever taken part in such events?

Have you ever put yourself out to organise days like these for the benefit of others?

Your constant negativity on these subjects is intriguing.

You were there and you saw trouble?

Funny that, because I was there too and didn't see any trouble. How can that be?

Well it's quite difficult to explain but I'll try for you, there is this thing called time, and it is continuously ticking by. Perhaps, just perhaps, we weren't at the same place at the same time. Perhaps you went for a piss. Perhaps you blinked. Who knows.

You need not refer me to any posts, I was more interested in why, as someone who wasn't there you seem to want this "story" to be true?

Your negative posts often crop up all over threads like these. Do you or have you ever taken part in such events?

Have you ever put yourself out to organise days like these for the benefit of others?

Your constant negativity on these subjects is intriguing.

For the record I really hope that this is not true, because if it is I can think of little else more cowardly as frightening women and children and as I said in a previous post it will be sad if the actions of a few ruin what should be a great day for the many.

But hey thanks Frasier for telling what I was thinking.

Well it's quite difficult to explain but I'll try for you, there is this thing called time, and it is continuously ticking by. Perhaps, just perhaps, we weren't at the same place at the same time. Perhaps you went for a piss. Perhaps you blinked. Who knows.

I was also at flag day and I didn't see any patronising bell ends so you can't of been there.

As someone who was at flag day for over an hour yesterday, I saw no trouble, nor did I feel scared or threatened at any point.

I'm always slightly amazed that no one gets run over, yesterday did seem to have been slightly hijacked by the lucozade kids from the EE who were more intent on spraying cider everywhere, rather than drinking it, probably because they aren't old enough to consume it.

The police on the whole struck a good balance between keeping things under control, and not being too over the top with those that went a bit too far.

I do think flag day has become a victim of it's own success, as having been there for the last 5 or so years now, yesterday seemed to have more kids acting somewhat over exuberantly than usual, which is kind of a shame.

Oh and that hill is still a killer!

I was in a group of eight outside the pub on the small green. None of us saw this "trouble".

" Sit down in the road if you hate the Gas " 

We were there for about 2 hours, saw a few buses getting stickered, a few beeps as drivers went past, a right grumpy bus driver but apart from that it was all good fun, no sign of any trouble.

the OB stood back and fair play didnt get heavy handed with anybody, the netters had a few too may and a few renditions of lets go kin mental, apart from that i didnt see one bit of trouble - why would there be ?

Unless you walked past in blue and white quarters or goaded anybody i cant see why anyone would cause hassle.

What bile FFS?, 2 different/independent BCFC fans/posters reported on here that their families were caught up in some bad behaviour O/S the 3 Lions .

Outside the Lions? You appear to be making things up.

A post mentions near the Lions, another Duckmoor road. The 3 Lions is on West Street and the Luckwell is closer to Duckmoor road.

I was there from 12 3o til about 2 40 and didn't see any aggro basically what dollymarie said was the experience I had of flag day. and for the record I never had a piss til I got to the ground, must of blinked a few times though

Didn't see any glasses thrown or cars "mobbed". All good natured fun thought it was quite funny every bus that came past had there emergency stop buttons pressed which opened the doors (probably not very sensible but quite funny). Thought the police were brilliant, even at some points too relaxed. Top afternoon can't wait for the next one already!

It's a major bus route. Would never happen.

My idea is that most services should run south of the railway from Parsons Street to Sheene Road (A38) / West Street. West Street should be serviced by minibuses from Parson Street (over Brighton Crescent/terrace and Osborne terrace or Churclands Road leading onto West Street just after 3 Lions).    

Archived