IGNORED

Three Lions End Of Season Flag Day 2014

cider head

We drove through on our way to the ground just before 2pm. There was a bigger crowd than I've seen before. I saw one can of cider thrown high up in the air, but this was nearer the other pub on the corner, the one on the same side as the 3Lions but towards Bedminster (can't remember the name). Outside the 3Lions the Police seemed to have the fans almost confined to the pavements, again it was towards the other pub that people were wandering around in the road and buses were swerving out and into the paths of drivers coming the other way.

It all seemed good natured, but as City fans all of us in the car were probably a bit more understanding anyway. The car in front of us had to stop to give way to the bus and someone tried to offer the driver a sip of their pint, this was declined and no cider was spilt. I'm not sure if someone less understanding had a pint shoved in their face would have laughed it off though. There seemed to be a few police around but had their hands full keeping the traffic moving, again any non football fans wouldn't be so understanding.

Outside the Lions? You appear to be making things up.

A post mentions near the Lions, another Duckmoor road. The 3 Lions is on West Street and the Luckwell is closer to Duckmoor road.

I never referenced the Duckmoor Road post and I never referenced purposely, I was born and bred in the area and know exactly where West St and Duckmoor Road actually are and the Luckwell, I actually referenced these 2 posts below and they referred to women and and children and that is wrong, it should not happen, so get your facts straight in future.

This is all very well but when glasses are being thrown at passing traffic, one of which contains my Grandson and when my Granddaughter can't walk past without being pushed, shoved and mobbed then enough really is ENOUGH people. Get a ******* grip on yourselves

On a day where I should feel nothing but pride for my club, just been informed my daughter had bottles & glasses thrown at her car and granddaughter had a go at by gutless, drunk, teenage chavs near the three lions. 

It's probably a good job I'm not there as getting my hands on filth like this, would send me to jail!

You wanna be a big man, go out on your, don't cower behind weapons or your mates and pick on a bigger bloke, not some defenceless girl!

I never referenced the Duckmoor Road post and I never referenced purposely, I was born and bred in the area and know exactly where West St and Duckmoor Road actually are and the Luckwell, I actually referenced these 2 posts below and they referred to women and and children and that is wrong, it should not happen, so get your facts straight in future.

This is all very well but when glasses are being thrown at passing traffic, one of which contains my Grandson and when my Granddaughter can't walk past without being pushed, shoved and mobbed then enough really is ENOUGH people. Get a ******* grip on yourselves

These facts. One in a car and one walking? One incident or two? I was there in a group and none of us saw either. We had young kids with us and all we experienced was good humour and fun.

These facts. One in a car and one walking? One incident or two? I was there in a group and none of us saw either. We had young kids with us and all we experienced was good humour and fun.

I don't recall mentioning facts, you did that on my behalf in the same way that you referenced an incident on Duckmoor Rd on my behalf and then accused me of making things up, when actually you were, as I say ask the 2 posters.

Nube Rojo and RedRidingHood.

I don't recall mentioning facts, you did that on my behalf in the same way that you referenced an incident on Duckmoor Rd on my behalf and then accused me of making things up, when actually you were, as I say ask the 2 posters.

It is you who is insisting these incidents have to have taken place outside the 3 Lions pub in front of the police, despite numerous people including those with families who attended stating they saw nothing.

I agree with Gamons post it appears you want it to be true. Young children were there and they were loving it. Don't wish it to be any other way.

See no reason why you should lie about what happened but  to be fair it does sound like an isolated incident, i would be just as angry as you if it was my family but the bigger picture was that 99 per cent enjoyed what was a great occasion and behaved themselves, it did start to get a little bit more rowdy at about 2ish when the young uns were on their second pint! a mention to the police who for once used a their common sense and treated the fans like normal citizens     

From what I seen and I was around after to help tidy up the outside of the pub and road area there was a sea of plastic from plastic bottles and plastic pints.

At no point did we see or sweep up broken glass, the pubs were told strictly to serve drinks in plastic or cans

it is possible the older regulars had a glass or the odd bottle (early doors opening) but the bulk was very much was sold in plastic.

So what ever so say was chucked or not chucked it a good bet on not being in glass form.

Wonder if you can apply for the road to be closed next year?  Not sure if it'd be allowed on a Saturday but Raleigh Road gets closed once a month because of the TF market.

Wonder if you can apply for the road to be closed next year? Not sure if it'd be allowed on a Saturday but Raleigh Road gets closed once a month because of the TF market.

Just say it's a Cider market and bobs you're uncle. Set up a 3 lions tent in the other side of the road and you have yourself a market

From what I seen and I was around after to help tidy up the outside of the pub and road area there was a sea of plastic from plastic bottles and plastic pints.

At no point did we see or sweep up broken glass, the pubs were told strictly to serve drinks in plastic or cans

it is possible the older regulars had a glass or the odd bottle (early doors opening) but the bulk was very much was sold in plastic.

So what ever so say was chucked or not chucked it a good bet on not being in glass form.

not trying to cause an argument here as I was there and really enjoyed it up there, never seen any of the so called hassle but there was quite a lot of broken glass outside the pub as I almost stood on the base of a broken glass and there was a fair bit around it. Not a problem for me but I can see if someone wanted to make a case for them stopping flag day this could go against it, maybe as it seems to be getting more and more popular next season they could use plastic cups only just to stop any chance of hassle, having said all this I was outside with a bottle of lager(had had my fill of cider by then) so naughty me

It was my first time at flag day (I normally aim for the last away game and money dictates that I can't do that along with the final home game) and have to say that it was great fun. Most of the traffic/passers by looked to be taking it all in good spirits including when a fan leaned through a white vans window and nicked a chip off the passenger and they took very well with a laugh.

Although there wasn't what I would call trouble, I can understand why others felt there was. Just after 2 o'clock there were a lot of city fans in the road and a lot of cider being thrown around (meet with a chant of "what a waste of cider!" by the rest of us.) There was also some glass in the road as I remember seeing a car drive directly over some and hearing someone comment that would be the end of their tyre- I imagine it was probably brought elsewhere as everyone was given plastic cups that I saw.

Thought in the most the police were brilliant with it as it could have turned volatile if they hadn't policed it correctly. My main concern was that someone was going to end up under a bus whilst trying to get to the front door as there were so many of us there.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be there next year! COYR!

Archived