IGNORED

Average Away Support

Eco

We currently sit 10th in League One with an average of 735, behind Wolves (2295) Coventry, Bradford, Sheff Utd, Preston, Rotherham, Brentford, Port Vale and Peterborough.

Pretty good considering our away form over the last few years.

Crawley have the worst ave. with 190

Our neighbours average 586 in League Two

No real point to this topic, one for the statto's.

We currently sit 10th in League One with an average of 735, behind Wolves (2295) Coventry, Bradford, Sheff Utd, Preston, Rotherham, Brentford, Port Vale and Peterborough.

Pretty good considering our away form over the last few years.

Crawley have the worst ave. with 190

Our neighbours average 586 in League Two

No real point to this topic, one for the statto's.

Surely you missed a 0 at the end of our neighbours average.

I'm amazed at the last four , especially PV. I suppose they are in the midlands, so most places are in easy reach for them. Apart from Swindle, most places are a bit of a hike for us.

To be fair, Rotherham and Port Vale have their fair share of 'supporters' and a few nutcases too.

Surely you missed a 0 at the end of our neighbours average.

Clubs often limit the away allocation when we play as they know we would just take over the ground :)

Anyway, as I have said before, both clubs can travel well, and you tend to know when there will be a large-ish  following, we have Pompey & Wycombe (Always a popular trip :))  away to come, where there will probably be 1500-2000 for both games, which will be balanced out by Fleetwood and Bury away on Tuesday nights (Where I am willing to bet we will not have our normal massive following :))

Clubs often limit the away allocation when we play as they know we would just take over the ground :)

Anyway, as I have said before, both clubs can travel well, and you tend to know when there will be a large-ish  following, we have Pompey & Wycombe (Always a popular trip :))  away to come, where there will probably be 1500-2000 for both games, which will be balanced out by Fleetwood and Bury away on Tuesday nights (Where I am willing to bet we will not have our normal massive following :))

Give it a rest!

You have about 5 local "derbies" down there in L2 - Torquay, Exeter, Plymouth, Newport and Cheltenham! Oxford is another that's barely 90 min away.

Plus we won away ONCE in an entire calender year, 26 games or whatever it was and we won ONCE!

735 is bloody miraculous considering that.

Give it a rest!

You have about 5 local "derbies" down there in L2 - Torquay, Exeter, Plymouth, Newport and Cheltenham! Oxford is another that's barely 90 min away.

Plus we won away ONCE in an entire calender year, 26 games or whatever it was and we won ONCE!

Did we win away as many times as that! It didn't seem as good as that at the time.

Giant club with a giant away following

Give it a rest!

Plus many of our easier to get to games (Brentford, Leyton Orient etc) were midweek which finished the following somewhat I bet!

I don't.

You don't think City and Rovers average away attendances would be higher if we both had less miles to travel?

I'm not sure our figures would be 'huge' if we were more centrally based but they would be better purely because we would have more local ish derbies. Seems common sense to me.

Give it a rest!

I think your sarcasm detector may be switched off. We have the worst away record in the entire league btw, although we did win once this season.

You don't think City and Rovers average away attendances would be higher if we both had less miles to travel?

I'm not sure our figures would be 'huge' if we were more centrally based but they would be better purely because we would have more local ish derbies. Seems common sense to me.

Of course they would be higher. They wouldn't be "huge". Which is exactly what I said.

Archived