IGNORED

Two Clean Sheets In Three Games

Slack Bladder

The next time you watch El Abd, slack, you will be using more than just your own eyes to judge him on that day. You appear to have already made up your mind about him and you will find yourself "seeing" what you want to see, that which supports what you already "know" about him. We all do this.

It's not people having opinions, it's:

1. Some people having so much faith and certainty in their own opinions.

2. People not learning from the certainty of their opinions being demonstrably misplaced.

3. People not allowing for the possibility of players improving. That they have no more to give than we have seen so far (sometimes after one or two games).

4. All this certainty!

Head coaches and managers are paid to be decisive, and as certain as they can be. We don't have to be. It leaves room to be more supportive and encouraging.

I have watched him and his performances so far have not impressed me.

Your saying what he can be and not how is playing at present.

Next season he could be our player of the season and if he plays well i shall say so.

That will not be hypocrital it's just commenting on what i see. I may hate a rock bands first album but love their second.

At the moment i would play Nosworthy, Williams, Osbourne and possibly Flint ahead of him.

Going back to the original post, I would not be in a hurry to change things at the back at the moment.

I have watched him and his performances so far have not impressed me.

Your saying what he can be and not how is playing at present.

Next season he could be our player of the season and if he plays well i shall say so.

That will not be hypocrital it's just commenting on what i see. I may hate a rock bands first album but love their second.

At the moment i would play Nosworthy, Williams, Osbourne and possibly Flint ahead of him.

Going back to the original post, I would not be in a hurry to change things at the back at the moment.

Having now read all your points on here properly(!) I see that my points would have been better posted on some of the other threads directed at El Abd and others who have struggled. Far more critical and dismissive threads and comments than this one.

I don't disagree with you that El Abd should wait for his turn now, that shirts be worn on merit, and that those in posession the last three games should be first ahead of El Abd for now. I just hate seeing people write off players. You haven't done this here but you have succumbed to describing him El "Bad."

Here's to another clean sheet Saturday and many more in future.

Nozzy  & Patto have made a big difference to the team defensively. Patto runs his balls off and defends from the front and Nozzy is a beast and little gets past him. Those two were inspirational signings and hopefully will mean us playing in this division next season.

We will still be in this division next season. It is next season that is getting me aroused

We will still be in this division next season. It is next season that is getting me aroused

Better start sweet talking Mrs Tone....she may be able to help!

Which season has got you most aroused over the years? 80/81?

Has to be the season we were promoted to the old Div 1. And then when we beat Arsenal at Highbury I couldn't see past my cock for days .................. weeks even !! 

I had a big Cheese it could be said.

Or perhaps, (crazy thought here chaps) we give him a bit more time to settle in and not destroy another of our own player's confidence?

Exactly. He didn't become a bad player overnight. He was asked to play in a 3 which he wasn't used to. He's probably not used to all the gaps in the midfield in front of him. Let's get this season over and give them a summer to sort it out. I think we'll see a different player.

Flint is a conundrum, without him we don't have the height we all though we needed and yet we seem secure without him.

Nozzy  & Patto have made a big difference to the team defensively. Patto runs his balls off and defends from the front and Nozzy is a beast and little gets past him. Those two were inspirational signings and hopefully will mean us playing in this division next season. 

Nozzy & Patto are great but lets not forget Ozzy, Flinto, Cunnyo, Waggy, Ello (x2), Packi, Pearo, Fieldy,Jetypoo & Baldycock

Having now read all your points on here properly(!) I see that my points would have been better posted on some of the other threads directed at El Abd and others who have struggled. Far more critical and dismissive threads and comments than this one.

I don't disagree with you that El Abd should wait for his turn now, that shirts be worn on merit, and that those in posession the last three games should be first ahead of El Abd for now. I just hate seeing people write off players. You haven't done this here but you have succumbed to describing him El "Bad."

Don't apologise for anything, you are absolutely right.

I started this thread with a sly pop at "El Bad" which he will always be known as ( just like " I blame Lee Johnson")

Nosworthy is obviously a big part.

My best mate is a Watford ST holder and his comment was "There'd be no Watford fan unhappy with him in the backline. Reason he is out is because he got injured and was out when Beppe came in and the back 4 have been pretty stable since. He's far too good for League 1"

Awesome loan signing at just the right time.

i'm sure he won't be happy to be called a big "part"  :rolleyes:

i may have  started  this  nickname for the guy but i call him El Bad in a friendly way.,not negatively.I'm sure ,knowing his reputation,that he'd actually like it .

I said before i'd love it if there where chants of 

"he's bad ,he's bad ,he's really ,really bad" 

Is that the new Japanese wonder fabric?

Bri Nyron (wonder fabric?)....not when talking sheets Aiz,

Been there done that in the sixties, brushed Nyron sheets, (urghh - thunderbolt & lightening very very frightening me)... them things made going to bed a nightmare!. Mind you they did make me cut my toenails regularly. :)

Then come the morning we put our Nyron shirts & jumpers on -snap creackle pop- amazed the lighning/fireworks didnt catch us on fire when we took 'em off again at night! ouch!!  

Archived