IGNORED

Two Clean Sheets In Three Games

Slack Bladder

Dear oh dear.

El Abds absence is not the reason that City have kept two clean sheets in the last 3 games. Fielding made excellent saves in both matches which maintained the clean sheet.

End of debate.

So you think our defense would have been better with Abd's inclusion?

The clean sheet against PV partly due to luck.

After 20 mins it seemed only a mAtter of time, and how that guy missed from 5 yards out highlights that.

Like SC said we are open in the midfield, and that was evident Tuesday. So don't expect the clean sheets to continue!

Sorry to those who like El Bad but he spends a lot of time pulling the shirt of, winding up the temper of the opposition strikers. etc. etc.. He seems to concentrate on this rather than working out what's going on in the game.

You only have to look at the film of him goading Andy Carrol.

It may be a laugh to have a "hard nut" on board but they have to be able to play football as well.

He's a liability and Flint is a liability for different reasons. Okay Aden is rooting for us and it's appreciated but he's just not up to it.

Hope SC takes the lessons of what has happened since both players have not been on for us.

Sorry to those who like El Bad but he spends a lot of time pulling the shirt of, winding up the temper of the opposition strikers. etc. etc.. He seems to concentrate on this rather than working out what's going on in the game.

It may be a laugh to have a "hard nut" on board but they have to be able to play football as well.

He's a liability and Flint is a liability for different reasons. Okay Aden is rooting for us and it's appreciated but he's just not up to it.

Hope SC takes the lessons of what has happened since both players have not been on for us.

So wtf was El Bad doing for all those successful years at Brighton ?

So wtf was El Bad doing for all those successful years at Brighton ?

I don't know mate but in the latter part of his career with us with us he seems to be concentrating on the niggley side of his game. When we went to Brighton a few seasons ago I didn't see anyone on their side doing all that nonsense. They beat us with sheer class.  At Brentford he was a total liability. Maybe he's got the message that he's got to be the bad boy in our team?

Whatever the rights and wrongs of what happened at Peterborough (and especially after we didn't appeal) do you not think that the more devious opposing strikers will be falling down easily when they go near him him and referees will be watching him very closely?

Cotterill will not read too much into the upturn of performances recently. He knows like many on here that football is a squad game. He definitely won't be influenced by the absence of both Flint and El Abd.

I don't know mate but in the latter part of his career with us with us he seems to be concentrating on the niggley side of his game. When we went to Brighton a few seasons ago I didn't see anyone on their side doing all that nonsense. They beat us with sheer class.  At Brentford he was a total liability. Maybe he's got the message that he's got to be the bad boy in our team?

Or perhaps, (crazy thought here chaps) we give him a bit more time to settle in and not destroy another of our own player's confidence?

Cotterill will not read too much into the upturn of performances recently. He knows like many on here that football is a squad game. He definitely won't be influenced by the absence of both Flint and El Abd.

If confidence is a factor in Baldock finding the net regularly then surely incompetence in defence by certain players is a factor in us shipping goals and losing games

Or perhaps, (crazy thought here chaps) we give him a bit more time to settle in and not destroy another of our own player's confidence?

His confidence won't be destroyed by anything I would say at a game because I never do that.

He seems over-confident in baiting opposing strikers

I'd say most of us could work pretty quickly that Nicky Hunt was incompetent.

Then he shouldnt be influenced by the presence of Paterson, Baldock and JET.

What on Earth are you chatting about....

Our UPTURN is due to better players being on the pitch, of course the personnel are relevant!!

Some definitive and very certain opinions here on the capability of El Ab and Flint, despite the dismissal of Wade Elliot after one game. And the writing off of Frank Fielding. And the confident analysis of Kilkenny, now doing okay at Preston (I think?)

Why are some folks so sure of their assessments of players and so dismissive of the capacity of players improving, having more to offer, given the right circumstances (ie, the support of supporters, for one)?

You'd think people would learn from getting this wrong before, unless the ones consigning El Ab to the long line of BCFC disasters are not the ones that did the same with Wade E, Frank and co?

If you are one and the same, I believe you lot can improve, you can become less hasty in your analysis of players, you can become BETTER SUPPORTERS! I know you can do it, and I am prepared to give you the time to change your ways.

Come on you doubters!

Some definitive and very certain opinions here on the capability of El Ab and Flint, despite the dismissal of Wade Elliot after one game. And the writing off of Frank Fielding. And the confident analysis of Kilkenny, now doing okay at Preston (I think?)

Why are some folks so sure of their assessments of players and so dismissive of the capacity of players improving, having more to offer, given the right circumstances (ie, the support of supporters, for one)?

You'd think people would learn from getting this wrong before, unless the ones consigning El Ab to the long line of BCFC disasters are not the ones that did the same with Wade E, Frank and co?

If you are one and the same, I believe you lot can improve, you can become less hasty in your analysis of players, you can become BETTER SUPPORTERS! I know you can do it, and I am prepared to give you the time to change your ways.

Come on you doubters!

well said.

Nosworthy is obviously a big part.

My best mate is a Watford ST holder and his comment was "There'd be no Watford fan unhappy with him in the backline. Reason he is out is because he got injured and was out when Beppe came in and the back 4 have been pretty stable since. He's far too good for League 1"

Awesome loan signing at just the right time.

Come on you doubters!

These threads are all about opinions and my opinions are based on what I've seen with my own eyes watching Bristol City.

Yeah I'll support the team on any given day.

Doesn't mean i think the players in the team are brilliant, I will always have my opinion on their ability and these are the places to discuss.

If we all thought everything in the garden was rosey we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Our UPTURN is due to better players being on the pitch, of course the personnel are relevant!!

Cotterill knows well enough that both JET and Baldock are good players both capable of scoring goals. That much is obvious to see, you only have to look at their goal returns. Both will be first on the team sheet when they are fit and available. The same can't be said with certaincy about other squad players.

These threads are all about opinions and my opinions are based on what I've seen with my own eyes watching Bristol City.

Yeah I'll support the team on any given day.

Doesn't mean i think the players in the team are brilliant, I will always have my opinion on their ability and these are the places to discuss.

If we all thought everything in the garden was rosey we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

The next time you watch El Abd, slack, you will be using more than just your own eyes to judge him on that day. You appear to have already made up your mind about him and you will find yourself "seeing" what you want to see, that which supports what you already "know" about him. We all do this.

It's not people having opinions, it's:

1. Some people having so much faith and certainty in their own opinions.

2. People not learning from the certainty of their opinions being demonstrably misplaced.

3. People not allowing for the possibility of players improving. That they have no more to give than we have seen so far (sometimes after one or two games).

4. All this certainty!

Head coaches and managers are paid to be decisive, and as certain as they can be. We don't have to be. It leaves room to be more supportive and encouraging.

Surprised at those defending El Bad, he has looked pretty shocking tbh, easily turned, gets caught out of position, no pace, gives away a lot of fouls that put pressure on our box.

Hope he does improve, but on performances so far his signing ranks alongside the likes of Hunt and Damian Stewart as all time bad deals.

Archived