IGNORED

Frank Fielding

EstoniaTallinnRed

It was Peterborough away and I would have thought fielding is clever enough to make sure he is in his box.

Obviously I wasn't there today so not fair for me to comment specifically on today but I was at Peterborough.

I agree Marcus, he is clever enough to stay in his penalty area, however not clever enough not to make the officials have a decision to think about!

Over the years I have seen quite a few keepers cut it close like its a private game, but for what it gains you (virtually nothing) a goal today was a bad trade off!

Does anybody else think that he is being watched by the linesman and the ref when he is going to the edge of the area and distributing the ball.  The reason I am asking it that I remember a recent away match, i can't remember where when he was constantly being accused by the home teams fans of doing what he did today.  Surely a goalkeeper of his experience should know better and make sure his doesn't come out of area.  IMO he lost the game for us today as i think we could have won or at least got a point and kept the unbeaten run going.  What do you think?

Frustrating thing is their goalie did it, I counted three times in the second half (we were really close, you could see it) but the Lino didn't notice that.

That said, Fielding had a strange game, two very good saves, should have done better for the first goal and didn't move at all for the second one. Also, his distribution was appalling, found more touches than Jonny Wilkinson

Just got back. The worst thing about the free kick is that had play continued, their defender had missed the ball and paterson had controlled the ball and was clean through from the corner of the box!!

Sums our season up really, we could have 20+ more points if it wasn't for Flint own goals or stupid mistakes like today... Football is a game of fine margins.

Just got back. The worst thing about the free kick is that had play continued, their defender had missed the ball and paterson had controlled the ball and was clean through from the corner of the box!!

Sums our season up really, we could have 20+ more points if it wasn't for Flint own goals or stupid mistakes like today... Football is a game of fine margins.

Thought there keeper was guilty of habing out the box with goal kicks, but like someone said earlier all depends where you release it from.

What I don't get was why Lino/ref was watching him but wasn't interested in there goalie.

Couldn't see if it was handball for was at other end of ground to us, but the ref was a bit of a homer regards his decisions today.

Thought there keeper was guilty of habing out the box with goal kicks, but like someone said earlier all depends where you release it from.

What I don't get was why Lino/ref was watching him but wasn't interested in there goalie.

Couldn't see if it was handball for was at other end of ground to us, but the ref was a bit of a homer regards his decisions today.

Probably because the word has got round that he takes liberties.

Happened at the far end of the pitch from our stand so really hard to comment until it's on You Tube.

Evans might have had a word with the officials beforehand, but the Lino who gave it was the other side of the pitch from Evans when it happened.

Frustrating, because we were getting a grip on the game at the time.

The official site describes it as an "inexplicable" decision.

Yes, saw that: bit of a strange way to describe it because it was pretty clear what it was given for. I don't know if it was right or wrong, but it was easy to see what it was for.

I'd be interested to know whether Steve C made his comments after seeing a video. If not then possibly not the brightest comments to make. Certainly the linesman will had a better view than he'd have had. And it's hardly unknown for that to be given: certainly seen it a number of times.

It will be interesting to see it again, because there's no doubt in my mind that it was a pivotal moment and if the linesman did get it wring then it was a game changer.

True, but he was beginning to get a reputation for it..

Quite correct, other teams have noted this and marked the officials card and then complained at every opportunity.Because of their nous and BCFCs continued lack of gamesmanship and naievity we've lost another match and three points. It's about time the club as a whole started to do what's best for BCFC and not what's best in the spirit of the game, because we're being done over left right and centre by lesser teams with more knowhow. 

Quite correct, other teams have noted this and marked the officials card and then complained at every opportunity.Because of their nous and BCFCs continued lack of gamesmanship and naievity we've lost another match and three points. It's about time the club as a whole started to do what's best for BCFC and not what's best in the spirit of the game, because we're being done over left right and centre by lesser teams with more knowhow.

Rich, isn't it more to the point to ask whether Fielding's reputation for it is justified.

If he does carry the ball over the line (which is a very clear breach of the rules) then the answer isn't to start complaining about other teams or players, it's simply to stop doing it and play to the rules?

It happens time and time again in nearly every game up and down the country, just some refs aren't busy enough to blow up. If they did there'd be 30 free kicks a game.

you're right loads of keepers do this week in week out all the time, I used to play as a keeper for years and I pick up on these things the most, and its just unlucky.

I don't blame him I blame that **** lino, wasn't there so not sure if he was but he should know better was a silly freekick to give away & needless was a cracking goal but should never been, no freekick & a draw or even win was on I reckon.

You gain nothing more than half a yard by risking it. We lost a goal and 2 points because he did risk it. I watched the game at Shrewsbury and thought he was lucky not to be penalised then on more than one occasion.

When SOD was asked what he said to Flint after his cock-up at Swindon he replied "I told him not to do it again" I hope SC said the same thing to Fielding, irrespective of his opinion of the decision in this one case.

In Fielding's defence, he'd been getting grief all through the first half for not distributing quickly enough and it appeared he was trying to get the ball out quickly to Paterson. No way of seeing it from our end but the referee would have to be be pretty damn sure to give it and I really don't know how he could have been

In Fielding's defence, he'd been getting grief all through the first half for not distributing quickly enough and it appeared he was trying to get the ball out quickly to Paterson. No way of seeing it from our end but the referee would have to be be pretty damn sure to give it and I really don't know how he could have been

The ref didn't give it. The Lino did. And he was in line, so as you say would have had to be sure! I hope!

Noticed him go very, very close a couple of times this season and was only a matter of time.

Schoolboy error, no excuse for a keeper taking it outside his area unless it's momentum ie sliding to collect a loose ball.

And as for 'all keepers do it'. No, they don't.

Archived