IGNORED

Frank Fielding

EstoniaTallinnRed

Does anybody else think that he is being watched by the linesman and the ref when he is going to the edge of the area and distributing the ball.  The reason I am asking it that I remember a recent away match, i can't remember where when he was constantly being accused by the home teams fans of doing what he did today.  Surely a goalkeeper of his experience should know better and make sure his doesn't come out of area.  IMO he lost the game for us today as i think we could have won or at least got a point and kept the unbeaten run going.  What do you think?

I've see numerous keepers at AG this season kick the ball from their hands when already out of the area and not one of them has been penalised.

I'm still not 100% sure about Fielding but I don't think this is a reason to worry about.

It is something that does seem to have crept in to a lot of goalies play, to be honest, and he is most likely unlucky a tad.

Crosses my mind why the Lino was in that line to start with - usually they shoot up to be in line with the defense. Maybe he felt he had been crossing the line a bit, and stayed back? Hope it is shown anyway. Careless free kick to give away, but still sounds like a excellent finish from their player.

Commentators on Player, game after game have pointed out the obvious, one day Fielding will be caught. But as usual Bristol City F.C. haven't got a clue.

Any idea how often this has happened to City's bunch of clueless jokers in say the last hundred years?

God we've overstepped the line good and proper this time doh!!

Did it a few times against Port Vale however all keepers tend to do it. It's consistency from the officials that's needed.

...not really down to officials, its a bit like driving at 45mph in a 40mph zone, theres little to be gained by doing so & sometimes you get caught out. Why take such a chance in the first place?

So for keepers who habitually take it to the limit & slightly over its a risk they take, a foolish habit imo when doing so appears to gain little or no advantage at all.. if done accidentely and taken across by momentum then fair enough -no point in pushing the limits when theres no need though.

...not really down to officials, its a bit like driving at 45mph in a 40mph zone, theres little to be gained by doing so & sometimes you get caught out. Why take such a chance in the first place?

So for keepers who habitually take it to the limit & slightly over its a risk they take, a foolish habit imo when doing so appears to gain little or no advantage at all.. if done accidentely and taken across by momentum then fair enough -no point in pushing the limits when theres no need though.

Agree but it's all about when the ball left his hands not how far out of the area he ended up and most goalkeepers do it, that said Evans obviously did his homework, it will interesting to see the video.

Agree but it's all about when the ball left his hands not how far out of the area he ended up and most goalkeepers do it, that said Evans obviously did his homework, it will interesting to see the video.

I agree that it was probably Evans who knew about it from watching the video of the Peterbro game and decided to press the forth official and use it to their advantage.  Still SC should warn Fielding not to do it in future as IMO it cost them at least a point or even three, who knows! 

Archived