IGNORED

Tuesday Night's Games

22A

OK folks, the likes of Bradford, Coventry & Crawley etc are playing tonight. Which set of results do we all want? The teams below us to win so those above City can be overtaken in the next few weeks?

Then again, let those ahead go on and have those beneath City lose so as to consolidate our current position?

OK folks, the likes of Bradford, Coventry & Crawley etc are playing tonight. Which set of results do we all want? The teams below us to win so those above City can be overtaken in the next few weeks?

Then again, let those ahead go on and have those beneath City lose so as to consolidate our current position?

I think we still need to keep an eye on teams below us until we get to 50 points. So I would take these

Cov  v Brad Draw

Port Vale v Crawley Draw

Sheff U v Brentford Away win

Stevanage v Wolves Away Win.

I think we still need to keep an eye on teams below us until we get to 50 points. So I would take these

Cov  v Brad Draw

Port Vale v Crawley Draw

Sheff U v Brentford Away win

Stevanage v Wolves Away Win.

Those four results would give you a decent return on an accumulator or even a Yankee.

In fact I'm thinking about it.

Looking at all the fixtures remaining, and doing an exercise on current form, i am now struggling to come up with a permutation that gets  4 sides below us above 50 points, or even to 50 points

for the first time, and maybe its just the way the fixtures are, i think 51 points definitely get you safe.

based on that, and goal difference, 2 wins is enough or one win and two draws from the remaining six

my banker for those points is home to Crewe 3 and a draw v Notts county 1 and draw at Walsall.1  

At the latest we will be safe by the 26th April if not before depending on other results if we achieve the above.

Stevenage result the week before could make it happen quicker, but may not be needed anyway.

Its all about Crewe Notts County and Walsall for me

don't want to go to Crawley needing anything and i am not banking on a result v Preston although on current form we could easily get a draw saturday making life more comfortable

basically beat Preston and its a done deal for me

Port vale just scored another, now 2-1 up against Crawley. Everyone else 0-0

That will do us. Most importantly we are 7 points above stevenage (practically 8 points with goal difference) and 6 points above 21st (7 with goal difference).

Crawley are still behind us (albeit on goal difference and with 3 games still in hand), and Bradford and Coventry are in 12th and 13th only 3 points above us so top half finish is still possible!

The manc fans don't see themselves as English (football wise) hence the anti England songs sung quite frequently , especially at away games. As far as i'm concerned they can rot. Manc *****.

That stems from the dogs abuse Beckham got after the 98 World Cup.

I'm over-the-moon that Swindon's season isn't over but it's all a bit of a tease.

Although there's some way to go, Wolves and Brentford are up and three of the four Play-Off places are locked in. I don't anticipate Peterborough to slip up to the extent that little ol' Swindon, Walsall, MK Dons, Port Vale and Sheffield United can capitalise either.

Relegation battle looks tight, I'm glad I've had another year well clear of all that business.

Elsewhere, Rovers are not getting out of that dogfight are they? I think it'll be Torquay and Wycombe that go but I'd chortle if Rovers dropped in to Non-League.

I'm over-the-moon that Swindon's season isn't over but it's all a bit of a tease.

Although there's some way to go, Wolves and Brentford are up and three of the four Play-Off places are locked in. I don't anticipate Peterborough to slip up to the extent that little ol' Swindon, Walsall, MK Dons, Port Vale and Sheffield United can capitalise either.

Relegation battle looks tight, I'm glad I've had another year well clear of all that business.

Elsewhere, Rovers are not getting out of that dogfight are they? I think it'll be Torquay and Wycombe that go but I'd chortle if Rovers dropped in to Non-League.

It's all very exciting! I wish your second team (by games attended) all the best in their play off endeavours!

Archived