IGNORED

Email From Club - Season Ticket Prices 2014/15

Stoke_Gifford_Red

• Admin

Is the club shop going to have Bristol Rugby stuff in it now?

Same manufacturers ?

Remember this won't be the HOME of Bristol City solely anymore - it is a jointly shared ground owned by Bristol Sports Ltd

Same manufacturers ?

Remember this won't be the HOME of Bristol City solely anymore - it is a jointly shared ground owned by Bristol Sports Ltd

Not saying it's a bad thing... just curious.

I guess ticketing will be consolidated into one operation too? Just looked at the Bristol rugby online ticket system and it's dreadful!

Those rugby tickets are earlybird prices though aren't they. I'm sure there were announcements over the tanny on Sunday saying this and they only had a few weeks to get them. After this they aren't selling any until the season finishes and they know if they are promoted or not ( does promotion mean more, less or the same number of games, dunno). I guess if they are promoted they will put the prices up so an early bird ticket will be even better value.

Something I like about next seasons ticket prices is the lack of gimmicks like food vouchers !

When have the food vouchers been anything other than a gimmick that has been lacking? They should advertise the season ticket as coming with a free holiday and a new car, then 'forget' to issue them!

Repeated questions will be ignored if anyone mentions it!

Dave L - can you confirm if the pics on the "artist impression" thread are the aforementioned artist impressions from last night?

Also, when will there be high quality images of what AG is going to look like taking into account the recent tweaks?

Thanks

Yes. More images will be made available in the next few weeks.

Yes. We're not able to run the bring a friend scheme next season because of the reduced capacity.

This doesn't make sense. If this scheme (and it's a great one) is being suspended (hopefully not cancelled) due to the reduction in capacity, then how come the rugby season ticket

holders are able to claim a "bring a friend" ticket for the football? Why is our "bring a friend" to football being sacrificed so that they get a freebie?

Harsh if you ask me.

When have the food vouchers been anything other than a gimmick that has been lacking? They should advertise the season ticket as coming with a free holiday and a new car, then 'forget' to issue them!

Repeated questions will be ignored if anyone mentions it!

Not sure what point you are trying to make by continually bringing this up over 2 years later.

I had my food vouchers emailed to me as a pdf at the time, and the fact that some people didn't receive them was done to death at the time. Most people highlighted this at the time and the vouchers were reissued to them, the club certainly didn't 'forget'

This doesn't make sense. If this scheme (and it's a great one) is being suspended (hopefully not cancelled) due to the reduction in capacity, then how come the rugby season ticket

holders are able to claim a "bring a friend" ticket for the football? Why is our "bring a friend" to football being sacrificed so that they get a freebie?

Harsh if you ask me.

You will be able to have a free ticket to a selected rugby game next season, and rugby fans will be able to do the same for one game of football. But we can't extend that offer to all games as we did this year. We simply won't have enough spare seats to give them away on a regular basis.

Yes. More images will be made available in the next few weeks.

thanks - next few weeks is a bit vague - and very soon to construction sate

I appreciate that supporters are keen to see more detailed images of the redeveloped stadium, but we are still  a year away from the point at which tickets for the new Wedlock and remodeled Dolman will be on sale. Of course we will have detailed plans and models available well before that. The project team are also working on a fly-through video of the new stadium.

I appreciate that supporters are keen to see more detailed images of the redeveloped stadium, but we are still a year away from the point at which tickets for the new Wedlock and remodeled Dolman will be on sale. Of course we will have detailed plans and models available well before that. The project team are also working on a fly-through video of the new stadium.

A video would be good. For AV there was a lot more in the way of imagery readily available but not so much for AG. To me it would make sense for the club to release the latest designs at the earliest opportunity especially as they spoke about supporter involvement in the design process.

Even a decent sketch is better than literally nothing in the way of media about the new East End considering it's been tweaked since last designs.

Not sure what point you are trying to make by continually bringing this up over 2 years later.

I had my food vouchers emailed to me as a pdf at the time, and the fact that some people didn't receive them was done to death at the time. Most people highlighted this at the time and the vouchers were reissued to them, the club certainly didn't 'forget'

Well, as long as some people got them...

Might be useful if the club asked fans to provide email address when buying season tickets, used the post where either the didn't have a valid email address or in the case of some people, an email address at all. Or indeed the account manager you were allocated did their job.

Might be useful if the club asked fans to provide email address when buying season tickets, used the post where either the didn't have a valid email address or in the case of some people, an email address at all. Or indeed the account manager you were allocated did their job.

They asked me to provide an email address when I call up, and I got a phone call last month from the club as advertised on here confirming if my details were still correct

Rob. It's difficult to confirm whether or not we have the personal details of an anonymous poster on an internet forum. May I suggest you give supporter services a call on 0117 963 0600 and check to see if they have your up to date details. Or if you would rather, I can get one of them to give you a call, although you'll have to let me know who you are first. Perhaps you could PM me if you would rather remain anonymous.

Regarding food vouchers, we acknowledged last year that they were a mistake and we haven't done them at all this season. I'm really not sure why you're still mentioning them.

Rob. It's difficult to confirm whether or not we have the personal details of an anonymous poster on an internet forum. May I suggest you give supporter services a call on 0117 963 0600 and check to see if they have your up to date details. Or if you would rather, I can get one of them to give you a call, although you'll have to let me know who you are first. Perhaps you could PM me if you would rather remain anonymous.

Regarding food vouchers, we acknowledged last year that they were a mistake and we haven't done them at all this season. I'm really not sure why you're still mentioning them.

Thanks Dave. I'll give them a call.

I dare say they'll issue them without further delay, as it will be nice to take advantage of the offer I signed up to.

Rob (if that IS your real name)

I expect your chips will be cold by now though. They may or may not be served on a plate though.

Right. Time to say fair play to BCFC for this. Obviously a lot of time and effort has gone into trying to get this right in a time of some fairly significant upheaval. Lots of time has been dedicated to the supporters to try & make the forthcoming transitional period as hassle free as possible and that kind of goodwill goes a long way given some of the ways the club has treated us in recent years.

Credit where credit's due. Well done City

Harsh if you ask me.

They'll have far less season ticket holders than we do. I guess there will be a limited amount available for each game too.

They'll have far less season ticket holders than we do. I guess there will be a limited amount available for each game too.

So where's the harm in giving City season ticket holders the same option again then? There's always a finite number of tickets available!

DL Question About the Williams Blocks.

Are the Blocks E & F reserved or unreserved?

If people arrive each week at 2.55 pm due to the pub, work or family etc will they be able to get into this E section?

What will govern F block tickets holders (or other Blocks) from just going in to E Block just because they may arrive to the game first?

The reserved or unreserved label should be made clear.

Are the Blocks E & F reserved or unreserved?

If people arrive each week at 2.55 pm due to the pub, work or family etc will they be able to get into this E section?

What will govern F block tickets holders (or other Blocks) from just going in to E Block just because they may arrive to the game first?

Probably the same controls that allow Eastend ticket holders to watch the first half in the east end, go for a half time pint and then watch the second half from the Dolman as they walk out the other exit to the bar unchallenged.

Just read that block D will be uses as well for Ee St holders coming to a total of about 1,000 seats?

Can anyone confirm this?,

It has been confirmed earlier in the thread, the stadium seating plans confirm this as well. My understanding is that one block is being renamed as block E. So we used to have 2 blocks d and 1 e. We will end up with 2 blocks E and 1 D.  

Are the Blocks E & F reserved or unreserved?

F is reserved and strictly seated. Not everyone wants to stand, and many people are attracted by the low price but want to sit down. We also need to be mindful of disabled fans in block F.  If groups of people want to sit together in block F, I suggest they get together in advance and  book blocks of seats so they can be with their mates / family.  We can do that on the Open Day.

Although your ticket for block E will have a seat number on it, you will be able to move around it as currently happens in the EE and the same attitude to standing will be applied up there. There is room for over 600 people in the new block E. If all current EE ST holders relocate to E and F, there is room for everyone. Sales in either block will be on a first come first served basis.

Yes, provided they have a ticket for that block

What will govern F block tickets holders (or other Blocks) from just going in to E Block just because they may arrive to the game first?

You will have to show your ticket to get in there.

Hopefully I have made that clearer now.

I appreciate that supporters are keen to see more detailed images of the redeveloped stadium, but we are still  a year away from the point at which tickets for the new Wedlock and remodeled Dolman will be on sale. Of course we will have detailed plans and models available well before that. The project team are also working on a fly-through video of the new stadium.

Thanks for that Dave. I was wondering whether there would be a video of the stadium ala ashton vale available. Its gone from being depressing to be a city fan, to being exciting again in a matter of months!

It has been confirmed earlier in the thread, the stadium seating plans confirm this as well. My understanding is that one block is being renamed as block E. So we used to have 2 blocks d and 1 e. We will end up with 2 blocks E and 1 D.  

Almost.

The current block D has a gangway down the middle of it. Anything to the right of that gangway as you look at the pitch will now form part of an expanded block E - the singing section. Anything to the left of it will be the new smaller block D.

Thanks for that Dave. I was wondering whether there would be a video of the stadium ala ashton vale available. Its gone from being depressing to be a city fan, to being exciting again in a matter of months!

I'm sure there will be, yes, but i don't know the details I'm afraid

It is genuinely refreshing to see that people are appreciative of the time, thought and effort that the club have gone to, to try and make sure that everyone who will be affected during the redevelopment have been given an option and a fair pricing policy.

All too often on here, some people have unrealistic demands/requests and love to moan about the slightest trivial things.

Well done to everyone (pretty much) for understanding what is going on, for OUR benefit and accepting that some slight disruption for a season or two is well worth it for the long term investment that the club are making.

It's nice to see!

David I am  an Atyeo mover from Block D and I dropped in on the shop this afternoon to see if it is possible to get an idea of where there might be gaps in the Atyeo Blocks E,F and G for myself to move with the friends I currently sit with. But the upshot is that the April 13th event is in fact the first opportunity to look at the options. Maybe that's how it has to be but it does mean we can't really discuss the move options with our current seat-mates before seats actually start being snapped up on the 13th. Any thoughts?

Also I am sure the club is working hard to make sure April 13th is really well set up with loads of computers and staff....

Sorry for all the questions. But firstly I'd like to say full marks for taking the time to answer all of them and the solution the club have come up with is probably the best possible. 

However I would like to add to the onslaught of questions so... As someone in H block, we like to have a sing song. We wouldn't be allowed to do this with the family section there would we? So we would most likely have to move if we want to continue singing, am I right?

Thanks for the clarification about all this Dave.

I don't agree however with the disabled section being where it is, seems a ridiculous error of judgement by the club.

There were problems vs Rovers that could have been avoided were it in a different place and now it's a factor in the relocation again by it's location in the Williams.

Seems obvious it would be better suited elsewhere. I hope in the re-vamp it has been given careful consideration to ensure it works for everyone.

A stupid decision. Next season we are very likely to rise and need a good mainpart of the capacity for ourselves. Are we expecting the mighty Yeovil & Barnsley? League 2 top is Sunday school as well apart from Pigrims. Should the "worst" happen Millwall & Plymouth fans should be in the Ateyo but for the rest of the homegames Ateyou should be ours. "Sunday school" are welcome to the odd seat in Willimas Block F. How difficult can it be?  

Hi Dave, just a question, why cannot the top of F block behind the disabled seating be unreserved seating as well for standing and singing? We will not restrict their view as they will be facing forward. Also the block next to top F, the G block, could be made unreserved as well, those who are presently there could move down to lower F block who would be sitting anyway. It sounds to me they are putting restrictions on the number of people who can stand. There is usually a group of us who like to stand and support the team by singing. But if we cannot get tickets in the standing area then we may give it a miss altogether.

P.s. Where is the natch bar going? Will there be restrictions on the number of people using the bars in the Williams? Also will we be allowed outside at half time?

David I am  an Atyeo mover from Block D and I dropped in on the shop this afternoon to see if it is possible to get an idea of where there might be gaps in the Atyeo Blocks E,F and G for myself to move with the friends I currently sit with. But the upshot is that the April 13th event is in fact the first opportunity to look at the options. Maybe that's how it has to be but it does mean we can't really discuss the move options with our current seat-mates before seats actually start being snapped up on the 13th. Any thoughts?

In the first instance, I suggest you get together with your friends and find out how many of you want to move and stay together. Then come along on the 13th and we will be able to take you into the stand and show you the options on the day. There will be over 600 spare seats in the Atyeo, even assuming everyone renews, so we will have plenty of room for manoeuvre. There then follows a 3 week period for everyone to get sorted, so there shouldn't be a problem getting you the right seats.

And yes, we will have plenty of staff on duty.

A stupid decision. Next season we are very likely to rise and need a good mainpart of the capacity for ourselves. Are we expecting the mighty Yeovil & Barnsley? League 2 top is Sunday school as well apart from Pigrims. Should the "worst" happen Millwall & Plymouth fans should be in the Ateyo but for the rest of the homegames Ateyou should be ours. "Sunday school" are welcome to the odd seat in Willimas Block F. How difficult can it be?

How many times have we sold enough tickets to fill the Dolman & Williams entirely? I bet you could count it on one hand, if not none, Rovers aside.

I'm sure there will be, yes, but i don't know the details I'm afraid

Just thought id say I really appreciate you coming on here and answering all the questions Dave (I'm sure I am not the only one), I know its part of your 'job role' but you go above and beyond!

Sorry for all the questions. But firstly I'd like to say full marks for taking the time to answer all of them and the solution the club have come up with is probably the best possible. 

However I would like to add to the onslaught of questions so... As someone in H block, we like to have a sing song. We wouldn't be allowed to do this with the family section there would we? So we would most likely have to move if we want to continue singing, am I right?

I don't think there's a problem with singing in the family area. But you would have to be careful about language and content and make sure that the songs were suitable for young children to hear. There will be zero tolerance of bad language and abusive behaviour in that block. If you think you can manage that, then you are welcome to stay. If not, you might want to consider moving. 

Thanks for the clarification about all this Dave.

I don't agree however with the disabled section being where it is, seems a ridiculous error of judgement by the club.

There were problems vs Rovers that could have been avoided were it in a different place and now it's a factor in the relocation again by it's location in the Williams.

Seems obvious it would be better suited elsewhere. I hope in the re-vamp it has been given careful consideration to ensure it works for everyone.

Surely disabled supporters have the same rights to watch a game in security and comfort as you do? The wheelchair area was put there as there is already ramped access to that part of the stand and it provided an easy and affordable solution to a real problem for many of our fans who might relish the opportunity to stand at a game, if only they could.

The problems at the Rovers game were nor created by the disabled supporters, but by the scumbags who pushed them out of the way in an attempt to get at Rovers fans, knocked a wheelchair using supporter out of his chair and left several long standing City fans in tears.

The error of judgement that the club made at the Rovers game was by letting people stand in that area, and it's not one we'll make again. There is ample space in Block E.

The new stands will have plenty of wheelchair areas, as well as rail seating and ordinary seats. In the meantime all we are asking is that all supporters show some patience, tolerance and understanding.

Just thought id say I really appreciate you coming on here and answering all the questions Dave (I'm sure I am not the only one), I know its part of your 'job role' but you go above and beyond!

Thanks.

I don't always micro-respond to questions on here, but in this instance I felt it was important to deal with any questions / misunderstandings / clarifications etc as they emerge.

Surely disabled supporters have the same rights to watch a game in security and comfort as you do? The wheelchair area was put there as there is already ramped access to that part of the stand and it provided an easy and affordable solution to a real problem for many of our fans who might relish the opportunity to stand at a game, if only they could.

The problems at the Rovers game were nor created by the disabled supporters, but by the scumbags who pushed them out of the way in an attempt to get at Rovers fans, knocked a wheelchair using supporter out of his chair and left several long standing City fans in tears.

The error of judgement that the club made at the Rovers game was by letting people stand in that area, and it's not one we'll make again. There is ample space in Block E.

The new stands will have plenty of wheelchair areas, as well as rail seating and ordinary seats. In the meantime all we are asking is that all supporters show some patience, tolerance and understanding.

Yes of course. I think you may have missed my point, especially as I have a friend who I attend with who uses the disabled area. To me it seems silly to have a disabled area at somewhere there is potential for flashpoints such as the rovers game.

In addition to that the view there isn't great and it's fairly steep. Wasn't well thought out.

Dave, is there any news on how season ticket holders at the back of the Dolman would be affected by moving the media into the back of the Dolman?

There will be no changes next year, but there will be some impact during the 15/16 season, but only for one year.

Up to 8 rows at the rear of block D of the Dolman stand could be required for the installation of a temporary TV gantry, with possible the rear two rows of blocks C and E being required for press seats.

When the new Williams stand opens in August 2016, the TV and press would move back there. We'll obviously clarify this nearer the time, but we felt it was fair to give those who might be affected some advance notice.

is it just me, the singing block is furthest from the away fans , I do enjoy the banter :)

We held a meeting for Wedlock ST holders  and many of them indicated this was an area they would like to go into.

What would the capacity be should the away fans be hosted in Williams Block E & F?

Sweden, plans have been made which I think are bloody good ones, and they won't be changed now, so there is no point to this question.

The reason the away fans are in the Atyeo is because they can easily get in and out, and for example be marched out by the police should Milwall bring their friendly lot to town and we need them gone quickly.

Away fans couldn't go in the Williams because that would have required segregation and then only one kiosk would have been available for refreshments, plus only one toilet. The Atyeo was the ONLY place they could go.

Archived