IGNORED

City Players Who Have Gone On To Better

Edit: Sorry I read that as going on to better things!!! I was about to say, that includes almost every transfer...

Cole Skuse

Akinibyi

Nicky Maynard

Heaton 

Davies

Anderson

Bolaise

Adomah

Gerken

Nayatanga

Jon Stead

Martyn Woolford

Brett Pitman

Jamie McCallister

Richard Keogh

Bradley Orr

Chris Weale

Jamie McCombe

David Cotterill

Scott Golbourne

Leroy Lita

If only we could keep the good ones and have a manager that can be successful with them, and the whole Club working as one...so that we don't have threads like these.

Just show's how many good players we have had down here, and decent managers...but no success...makes you think where the problems lie doesn't it.

So, in summary, plenty.

Not many have had a successful career at the highest level though, When I say successful I mean an established player in a premier league side

Only the two I mentioned and Bolasie have done that

So what was wrong with our youth system that meant not one of our players progressed through us

Or was it just a bad batch for about 15 years

Wouldn't say the likes of Skuse, Pitman, Davies even Adomah have gone on to better just yet, although some might.

They were with us when we were an average championship team and now they're at other average championship teams

Ooooo I dream of being an average Championship team  :P

Wouldn't say the likes of Skuse, Pitman, Davies even Adomah have gone on to better just yet, although some might.

They were with us when we were an average championship team and now they're at other average championship teams

Skuse and Davies left us when we were a relegated team, to go to non-relegated teams.

That's a better thing right?

Ralph Milne!!!!!!

Often called Alex Ferguson's worse signing by Man U fans.

With apologies to the nursery rhyme:

When he was good

He was very, very good

But when he was bad

He was horrid!

Not many have had a successful career at the highest level though, When I say successful I mean an established player in a premier league side

Only the two I mentioned and Bolasie have done that

So what was wrong with our youth system that meant not one of our players progressed through us

Or was it just a bad batch for about 15 years

Are you just ignoring the tons if others then as it doesn't fit your argument?

Newman, Goater, Barnard, Brennan and loads more listed above

Are you just ignoring the tons if others then as it doesn't fit your argument?

Newman, Goater, Barnard, Brennan and loads more listed above

No just players like Cotterill, Skuse, Davies haven't actually bettered themselves by staying in the championship.

In the last 15 years very few have left us and had a successful career at a higher level than us. Playing at a high level near enough every week

Archived