IGNORED

Wenger

Barrs Court Red

It would be time for him to go this season if they win the F.A cup, end on a "high".

The problem is who will take over?

Klopp? Not until 2017, same as Pep.

Martinez? Only just started at Everton, again maybe in 2 or 3 years time.

Bergkamp only has experience as no.2 at Ajax, but could he do the role for a couple of years until someone else comes along?

Until the board actually allow some money to be spent I can't see how anyone can be expected to do any more than Wenger.

They have a bare bones squad and when you look at Chelsea, Man City etc, the difference is that they can basically put out a very competitive second XI, something which cannot be said for Arsenal.

The injuries they've had highlight how weak their squad depth is.

3-0 down and their best option from the bench being Sanogo says it all

Until the board actually allow some money to be spent I can't see how anyone can be expected to do any more than Wenger.

They have a bare bones squad and when you look at Chelsea, Man City etc, the difference is that they can basically put out a very competitive second XI, something which cannot be said for Arsenal.

Money has always been available it is Wengers choice never to spend it over the years.

Absolutely rubbish.

40 odd million spent on Ozil shows the money is there.

Who are they going to loose 4th place too? Everton, who have no money at all!

Wenger also rated highly his academy, where are those great youngsters now? Most were bought from other academies, i.e. Walcott, Ramsey, Ox etc.

They had a chance to strengthen in January and signed Kim Kallstrom. Awful. 

Only one guy to blame.

Absolutely rubbish.

40 odd million spent on Ozil shows the money is there.

Who are they going to loose 4th place too? Everton, who have no money at all!

Wenger also rated highly his academy, where are those great youngsters now? Most were bought from other academies, i.e. Walcott, Ramsey, Ox etc.

They had a chance to strengthen in January and signed Kim Kallstrom. Awful.

Only one guy to blame.

That's the trouble, 40m on one player. They strengthened the one area where they already had good options and plenty of depth.

Yet the entered the season with 3 senior centre backs and 1 senior striker (plus Bendtner who doesn't count). Absolute nonsense to think you can compete with the depth and quality of depth of the likes of City and Chelsea over the course of a long season including a European campaign.

I don't know whether it's the board or Wenger who choose not to spend money strengthening other areas. Even in January, what do they do? Sign a midfielder when they already have loads and still barebones in the back and front of the team.

Where the blame lies for this (board or manager) I don't know. Ultimately they are equally culpable.

Everton might have no money but they've used their resources wisely and have a really good squad full of exciting players. Theyve used the loan market well.

I think he'll walk at the end of the season.

Hugely underrated by many and treated harshly by our media.

History will however judge him a great manager, Arsenal have remained a top four side throughout all of his time whilst building (and paying for) a stadium that few can match.

No hundreds of millions of debt for them.

History will however judge him a great manager, Arsenal have remained a top four side throughout all of his time whilst building (and paying for) a stadium that few can match.

Their financial prudence is second to none, but what do they have to show for years of careful financial management? They've gone from being a leading force in the league to celebrating like they've won the Champions League when they get 4th place.

I don't think anyone could get more out of their squad presently than Wenger, but they urgently need to address their squad depth and quality in key areas.

Position for position, there are almost no Arsenal players that I would pick over an equivalent from Man C or Chelsea, and that's why they are fighting over 1st place whilst Arsenal would bite your hand off for 4th right now.

Their financial prudence is second to none, but what do they have to show for years of careful financial management? They've gone from being a leading force in the league to celebrating like they've won the Champions League when they get 4th place.

I don't think anyone could get more out of their squad presently than Wenger, but they urgently need to address their squad depth and quality in key areas.

Position for position, there are almost no Arsenal players that I would pick over an equivalent from Man C or Chelsea, and that's why they are fighting over 1st place whilst Arsenal would bite your hand off for 4th right now.

What do they have to show for it!!

Apart from a Great Stadium which is almost paid for A state of the art training ground Champions league football every season

Yeah nothing to show

What do they have to show for it!!

Apart from a Great Stadium which is almost paid for A state of the art training ground Champions league football every season

Yeah nothing to show

Sigh. They are not contenders for trophies, domestically or in Europe, that was my point. I was hardly trying to say they have nothing. Didn't realise everything needed spelling out so obviously.

Of course to be playing champions league football for so many seasons is fantastic, but let's face it, they won't win it with the squad they have.

If you were an Arsenal fan pumping the kind of insane money that they charge for tickets into the club, you would be demanding silverware in return.

He has been a fantastic manager who has produced some great teams who have been a joy to watch. Not sure we will see another team go through a season unbeaten in this country again in my lifetime.

He could walk into any managers job in the world when he eventually leaves

Changed Premier League football for the better and maintained his dignity and class throughout the years, unlike Ferguson and Mourinho 

Mourinho and Ferguson maintain trophies, Wenger mantains his dignity and class, I know who I wouldn't want as our manager out of those three

As for walking into any managerial job in the world.. 10 years ago yeah.. now.. Nah

Klopp would have to be the obvious target to replace Wenger, on contract till 2017 at Dortmund but surely he would see it as a step up.

Dortmund certainly don't have the squad they had a year or two ago. The loss of Gotze and now Lewandowski is such a blow for Dortmund, you'd have to think Reus could be in line for a summer exit too, or if not this year, very soon. Dortmund have gone in a couple of seasons from being able to challenge all the way with Bayern to considerably second best. It's a shame as the Bundesliga is such a one horse race now.

He could walk into any managers job in the world when he eventually leaves

Changed Premier League football for the better and maintained his dignity and class throughout the years, unlike Ferguson and Mourinho 

Not sure about that, he has lost the plot on a few occasions recently.

Didn't he grab a 4th official and shake them a few seasons ago? Shouted at the media this season during a press conference, asking why they were all looking at him?

Archived