IGNORED

Tottenham

Barrs Court Red

Malt:... He took over when they were bottom of the table. He was ridiculously sacked for some high school kid when they were in a champions league spot or thereabout.

Moreover there was no improvement on that final position even after the guy spent 100 million.

Let's not be critical of a bloke just because you may not like him.. That alone is non sensical... He was the best manager, position for position and pound for pound that Levy has been lucky enough to have in recent times and the fruit cake then went and sacked him.

I agree with you that it was probably a bad call to let the successful redknapp go, but the situation was a bit more complex that that.

Redknapp's team managed to let a 10 point lead over arsenal slip in the final stages of the season, meaning chelsea's (albeit seemingly unlikely) champs league victory over bayern cost spurs their champs league place and with it a lucrative naming rights deal for their new stadium which via they were about to tie up.

That's why he went.

Who's the better manager for Bristol City BCR? Danny Wilson or Gary Johnson?

Who's the best manager in Sheffield Uniteds history?

Win ratio data is not a true reflection. Anyone with half a brain can see that Sherwood's Spurs are not as good as Harry Redknapps.

Taken on their own no, ratios don't tell the full story, but for a mediocre club like Tottenham they're really the only way to gauge if they're on the right track.

How many trophies did Spurs win under 'Arry?

Manon; noted on your reply.

However, suffering a loss of revenue, you suggest, being the reason Redknapp was sacked then just exacerbated their problem. I could perhaps half understand some seasoned vet taking over but AVB was so obviously the wrong man at the wrong time it beggars belief how Levy is running a football club. All rather funny these nutty decisions though it has to be said.

Well I thought it was a rather extreme reaction from one if the best chairmen in english football.

I think there may have been more to it than meets the eye though.

And perhaps old 'arry angered some with his openness towards the england job..

Well I thought it was a rather extreme reaction from one if the best chairmen in english football.

I think there may have been more to it than meets the eye though.

And perhaps old 'arry angered some with his openness towards the england job..

thats the reason he was sacked, he wouldn't commit to spurs becaue of rumours on the england job, nothing to do with revenue (which would of been up as he got them in the champions league and actually did well)

thats the reason he was sacked, he wouldn't commit to spurs becaue of rumours on the england job, nothing to do with revenue (which would of been up as he got them in the champions league and actually did well)

Let us assume you are party to such info; any manager in the land would almost be duty bound to come out and say positive things if linked to the top national job. I would be surprised if Levy sacked Arry over this but if he did then I need to start digging beneath the basement of respect with more than just a pick axe.

Is 7th with the best win rate of any Tottenlol manager since the war really "failing miserably"?

The best win rate? Surely Nichollson must have had a better record? Double in 61, FA Cup 62, League Cup 71 plus Euro success in between.

Archived