IGNORED

Well Done Sc

Super

Me too. 

13th is better than I thought we could manage, seeing as we were still 22nd when December began.

What we need to remember is that to end up in the bottom 4 now 8 sides have to overhaul us. I can't see that happening.

pre season i was predicting 14th and took stick for it...four months ago i would have torn your arm off for it.now we are likely to finish above that so the work thats been done by SC should be congratulated-quite a turn around and had the first half-season mirrord the second we would be contesting a play off spot.hard for him next season though as many will not wish to settle for any less than sixth place-a problem im sure he is happy to ponder and were happy for him to have...well done!!!  

That post might carry more weight if you hadn't done exactly that to O'Driscoll. How a manager looks and talks is bloody irrelevant if he does the job.

Cotterill has, and I salute him for it :clap:

Yes and I slagged him off after he'd already taken us down and ruined us, so is fair game. Not sure I make any comments about his appearance so feel free to quote me. I applauded his appointment, how wrong was I.

I was dubious (without being anti-cotterill) and I thought it was a little too early to get rid of SOD even though his negativity had started to worry me (you can think you're going to win or you can think you're going to lose and you'll always be right etc..).

Anyway, point is, the board took a hammering, SC took a hammering but slowly and steadily he's turned most around. (I assume the one negative comment on this thread about non-league strikers etc was sarcastic or trolling). 

The team is playing better football, its getting results, he seems to have identified the problems and fixed them with a bunch of really high quality loan signings, if we draw he looks agitated we didn't win, we outplayed the form team in the league and SC could barely speak afterwards because he was so angry. The group morale is a lot higher and he is very honest in his interviews without slagging off his players. His post-walsall interview is really good when he is asked about "should we have been playing ten men". Most managers (and definitely Colin!!) would have faked outrage that a player raising their hands didn't get sent off. (See Steve Evans comments on Friday about how Rotherham never get decisions). SC said he'd rather play 11 men and hopes our player didn't fall over. Say what you want about not reading too much into interviews but I thought that was good and not something most managers would say.

Anyway, for the first time since another SC was appointed, we've got something to look forward to. Let's hope it goes better than that. 

Well done Steve, the squad, the board and the owner. You've pulled the season round and the last few months have actually been enjoyable - that hasnt happened in a long time! 

I really don't get this fuss about managers' interviews. The only reason for judging a manager by his interviews is if you don't have the nous to judge him by his team's performances on the pitch.

For the record, I like Cotterill's interviews. OK, he's not Socrates (either of them) but he comes over as honest and committed, and he's willing to hold his hand up to his mistakes.

First time I heard him give an honest assessment of the game yesterday that we didn't deserve 3 points, usually he is baffled how we didn't win the game when we get well beaten like 3-0 at Sheffield United...

Fair credit to him and the players for getting us out of a hole though. Personally don't think we've played that well whatsoever with the exceptions of Vale and Posh but shows we are starting to know how to grind results out. Hope the club can push on next season.

First time I heard him give an honest assessment of the game yesterday that we didn't deserve 3 points, usually he is baffled how we didn't win the game when we get well beaten like 3-0 at Sheffield United...

Fair credit to him and the players for getting us out of a hole though. Personally don't think we've played that well whatsoever with the exceptions of Vale and Posh but shows we are starting to know how to grind results out. Hope the club can push on next season.

Coterill was basically in tears after his post match interview at Sheffield United, and didn't mention anywhere that we should of won the game?? Unless you saw a different interview to the on I saw on BCFC player

I really don't get this fuss about managers' interviews. The only reason for judging a manager by his interviews is if you don't have the nous to judge him by his team's performances on the pitch.

For the record, I like Cotterill's interviews. OK, he's not Socrates (either of them) but he comes over as honest and committed, and he's willing to hold his hand up to his mistakes.

Are you sure, Aiz? The late Brazilian ace conducted all his interviews in a strong Gloucestershire accent. It was just hard to tell, because he was speaking Portuguese.....

He has proved a lot of people wrong.

Great job. I think all those who wanted to keep that last idiot should feel a tad sheepish.

Why on earth should they ? No one will ever know if the "last idiot" would have done better or worse than Cotts ? Don't try stirring the gravy again .

All we know is that Cotts has done a fabulous job under difficult conditions and deserves all our congratulations.

It's easy to look good coming in after the worst manger in City's history.

But that's not a knock against Steve I like the fact he's a bit of a geezer and looks like a darts player.

And he seems to know a bit about football management, where's this hoofball everyone was predicting? I actually think we play a pretty decent passing game at times.

Fair credit to him and the players for getting us out of a hole though. Personally don't think we've played that well whatsoever with the exceptions of Vale and Posh but shows we are starting to know how to grind results out. Hope the club can push on next season.

The interview v Sheff Utd???!

You kidding me?

I'd go and watch it if I were you. It's on you tube.

He is livid. He made no excuses. He said we were abysmal and deserved nothing and that the players let him and the fans down that day.

It was an honest breath of fresh air to be fair and you can tell he'd got right into them in the changing room 5 min before.

It's easy to look good coming in after the worst manger in City's history.

But that's not a knock against Steve I like the fact he's a bit of a geezer and looks like a darts player.

And he seems to know a bit about football management, where's this hoofball everyone was predicting? I actually think we play a pretty decent passing game at times.

I thought SOD was poor but we've had Lumsden, Pulis and Benny mind.

The bitterness will fade with time.

Are you sure, Aiz? The late Brazilian ace conducted all his interviews in a strong Gloucestershire accent. It was just hard to tell, because he was speaking Portuguese.....

It's a little-known fact that the original Socrates spoke Greek with a strong Bemmie accent.

He inherited a decent, improving squad from SOD that just needed some experience added to it. He added a lot of experience in January and in some games of late we've only been playing with 1 proper youngster in Williams.

Once the additions of Nosworthy and Patterson were made there was little doubt of survival and they along with the signing of Wade Elliott go to show the financial clout we have at this level and particularly after December when we paid up Kilkenny.

This summer SC has a fantastic opportunity to add to what is already a decent squad. He'll have yet more cash freed up by Marv, Fontaine and Carey all leaving.

If he can keep the current front 3 and add 3 or 4 quality players elsewhere then we should fully expect a push for promotion next season.

We remain a big-hitter in this league and whats coming down from the Cship and up from League Two doesn't look anything special.

I hope SC brings through players from the Academy and I will be watching closely to see which ones he breaks into the team.

This season was always going to be tough with the amount of change in the summer but next season we should be up near the top IMO. I don't think that's unrealistic or asking too much...

I said at the time that I was underwhelmed by the appointment more than anything. I was however particularly angry with the board mostly due to the timing.

I'll admit that cotts has won me over slowly but surely. Especially by most the players he brought in. We are also playing a brand of football that I wasn't expecting (thanks to the forest fans I know) its direct at times but we also get it down and play.

I will say that I have always supported SC and got behind the team but I will happily eat humble pie in admitting we have got more than iI expected with him.

He inherited a decent, improving squad from SOD that just needed some experience added to it. He added a lot of experience in January and in some games of late we've only been playing with 1 proper youngster in Williams.

Once the additions of Nosworthy and Patterson were made there was little doubt of survival and they along with the signing of Wade Elliott go to show the financial clout we have at this level and particularly after December when we paid up Kilkenny.

This summer SC has a fantastic opportunity to add to what is already a decent squad. He'll have yet more cash freed up by Marv, Fontaine and Carey all leaving.

If he can keep the current front 3 and add 3 or 4 quality players elsewhere then we should fully expect a push for promotion next season.

We remain a big-hitter in this league and whats coming down from the Cship and up from League Two doesn't look anything special.

I hope SC brings through players from the Academy and I will be watching closely to see which ones he breaks into the team.

This season was always going to be tough with the amount of change in the summer but next season we should be up near the top IMO. I don't think that's unrealistic or asking too much...

I reckon we can break the top 10 next season if we make the right signings.  Automatic promotion, no chance. Even with the loan signings we aren't in that sort of form, this team will need to be together for a few years yet before we can hope to make a real promotion push. You are being very unrealistic imo.

I reckon we can break the top 10 next season if we make the right signings. Automatic promotion, no chance. Even with the loan signings we aren't in that sort of form, this team will need to be together for a few years yet before we can hope to make a real promotion push. You are being very unrealistic imo.

We're likely to finish 12-13th this season, possibly just a few points off the top 10, so I don't think it's unrealistic to expect an improvement to top 6 next season given form over the second half of the season plus our wage bill and the quality of player that will attract.

I reckon we can break the top 10 next season if we make the right signings.  Automatic promotion, no chance. Even with the loan signings we aren't in that sort of form, this team will need to be together for a few years yet before we can hope to make a real promotion push. You are being very unrealistic imo.

I'll be happy to have a nice comfortable season where we're not fretting about relegation. Top 10 pushing towards the play offs would be gratefully accepted.

Of course some will want to heap pressure on the current manager by making demands for play offs or even automatic promotion, it gives them a stick to beat him with even if we're doing reasonably well.

I'll be happy to have a nice comfortable season where we're not fretting about relegation. Top 10 pushing towards the play offs would be gratefully accepted.

Of course some will want to heap pressure on the current manager by making demands for play offs or even automatic promotion, it gives them a stick to beat him with even if we're doing reasonably well.

I think a top 6 finish would be a not unreasonable aspiration, GR, but as long as I see steady progress I'll be happy. 

Not an unreasonable aspiration, but possibly an unreasonable expectation.

Quite.

You and I both despaired at some of the things the previous manager said, but when he said "this is not an easy league" he hit the proverbial sharp metal object on the head.

SO'D had Shorey and Harewood to add experience to the squad (both were signed by him). Unfortunately neither player lasted more than half a season.

Don't discount the factor of the ground rennovations, either.

It might actually be better to build next season to look to be very strong the year afterwards.

Otherwise we'll be trying to stay in The Championship in a 3 sided ground that will hold barely 15000.

SO'D had Shorey and Harewood to add experience to the squad (both were signed by him). Unfortunately neither player lasted more than half a season.

and Mr Carey, who has lasted only long enough to beat the appearance record, 20 minutes was it?.

Harewood and Carey both on mimimal wages as it was never expected they'd play many games, they were more there as player coaches in effect.

Nobody could've anticipated how shit Shorey was going to be - he was playing in the Premier League last season and is now playing at Pompey in League Two. Similar situation to El Bad to be fair, maybe the legs have just gone...

Harewood and Carey both on mimimal wages as it was never expected they'd play many games, they were more there as player coaches in effect.

Nobody could've anticipated how shit Shorey was going to be - he was playing in the Premier League last season and is now playing at Pompey in League Two. Similar situation to El Bad to be fair, maybe the legs have just gone...

Depends on what you consider minimal wages, in both cases it was a piss poor return value for money wise for a couple of hours work, wouldn't you agree and could have paid for one older player or two youngsters.

Your second point is well made and true.

Archived