IGNORED

Well Done Sc

Super

Fair play SC. He has done a great job so far.

I did not want SC and was very uninspired by his appointment at the time. Thankfully I know **** all and it has proved to be an excellent decision by the board. I think aside from results he has addressed important issues, made us competitive but we are playing great stuff at times. He deserves credit for a lot of things.

He has a very important summer ahead of him though, needs to continue the good work and recruit well off the back of a strong finish to a season and not make the same mistakes Millen and Del did before him after similar scenarios.

Well done SC.

Agree 100%

I wasn't keen to start with based on the (apparently) strange timing of his appointment, the strange way he was appointed (no other interviews etc) and from what other fans came on here and said. I saw his interview after that early cup game on TV (can't remember what team tbh) and he spoke a lot of sense and I was quite impressed. Since then he has completely won me over and I'm very happy with the appointment. Yes we had a few blips and a couple of his signings have been strange, but he clearly knows how to motivate the squad.

Fair play, I had given up having an opinion on Managerial appointments, as I always was happy in the past to end up being disappointed.

Very happy with SC, really enjoy hearing him talk, positive and honest and "one of us" if that makes any sense.

Hope he gets decent money to invest in the Summer, he has earnt it.

Probably one of the last names I would have put forward but, as I have said before , all the previous managers seemed sensible/good appointments and failed.

This one went against most peoples wishes and has worked. Regardless of what happens next year , unless it'is more abject failure and relegation , it has been a good move. The team has improved and is no longer facing (what seemed) certain relegation, and there are positive signs for the future.

If the current upturn continues we could be challenging at the 'right' end of the table.  What happens in the long term, who knows but so far so good

As much as I disliked his appointment. I have to say it's a match made in heaven

We seem organised and disciplined

plus attack at pace which keeps the Ateyo Dolman and Williams awake!!

He's got good players in and only Barnett and El Abd I would like to see leave in the summer. Judging on performances so far. If he signs well in the summer there is no reason why we can't look at the play offs next season

Our form since his arrival has shown what end of the table we should be competing at!! Well done Steve

Now work on those bloody interviews!!!

They won't be leaving in the summer... that's why I'm cautious about what's going to happen next season.

It all depends on how much wages we can loosen up.

Can see Paterson and Barnett up front and Baldock being sold.

El Abd will be CB no doubt.

They won't be leaving in the summer... that's why I'm cautious about what's going to happen next season.

Can't see Barnett staying, there are much better options out there and I'm confident even SC knows that.

El Bad is a million pound **** up, all in. I'd seriously look to offer him a deal to go, if possible.

Before we get to carried away, it is going to depend on who we can keep as much as who we bring in. Barnett as he is on loan will surely go. El has a long contract, and can see him going nowhere. It will depend on who comes in for Baldock and JET. Can see Sammy will attract a lot of interest offer wise, and in fairness he has always given 100% and if a solid Championship side comes in for him, it would be really difficult to stand in his way, if he wants to go. JET will I suspect attract less offers but it is possible.

Would love to keep them both, but want to see what our side is next year befor making predictions. SC has more than achieved objective 1 which is to keep us up. 2 is to build a team capable of promotion, and medium term, 3 then to build a side that is comfortable in the Championship. In my view he has to do all three to go down as a great City manager and appointment, but we were where we were and he has made a great start.

Barnet won't be staying. I know you try to put a negative spin on everything  because you dislike SC but c'mon..

Think we are pretty much safe now. I wasn't keen at first when he took over but he has totally proved me wrong. Lets hope next season we can push on and challenge at the top end.

Steve Cotterill was an inspired choice. Bloody hell, the BCFC board of directors got it right for once. :clap:

Deal. But if the club decide to buy a misfiring underperforming 28 year old loan striker then there is no hope.

Cool...always good to put a bit of spice in it :-)

You also have to remember they also signed a 29 year old misfiring CB on a 3 and a half year deal plus a manager on 3 years...what could go wrong ;-)

Probably one of the last names I would have put forward but, as I have said before , all the previous managers seemed sensible/good appointments and failed.

This one went against most peoples wishes and has worked. Regardless of what happens next year , unless it'is more abject failure and relegation , it has been a good move. The team has improved and is no longer facing (what seemed) certain relegation, and there are positive signs for the future.

If the current upturn continues we could be challenging at the 'right' end of the table.  What happens in the long term, who knows but so far so good

That's because most fans don't have a clue !

That's because most fans don't have a clue !

I think that's harsh. I think it more a case of that it can be impossible to tell if a manager is going to be successful at a club and that is because there are so many influences from finances, to personalities to confidence levels to other clubs being just better in a particular season. Luck also plays a big part.

What amuses me as much as those who slate manager before we've played a game is those who claim they knew a manager would be crap with hindsight to back them up

After the results these past two months I think SC is the perfect manager for us and I am going to stick my neck out and say that he will be with us for some years to come and he will take us to the Premier League - eventually.

It might take three or four seasons yet, but that is where we are going.

As others have said, he is "one of us" and he fully understands this club.

Thankfully we finally have managerial stability.

Long may it continue.

After the results these past two months I think SC is the perfect manager for us and I am going to stick my neck out and say that he will be with us for some years to come and he will take us to the Premier League - eventually.

Long may it continue.

I'll have what he's having, barmaid!

Long may it continue.

Wow!

I agree with most of your post...

...but I will only predict that (given time) he will take us back to the Championship.. .

...easy tiger!... too much pressure on the guy....

Archived