IGNORED

How Much Would You Pay For A Match

screech

Its all subjective. If City were regularly competing in Cup finals, and the Prem then you'd probably get to a point where you would stop spending the money.

However, I've never seen City in a cup final, or the Prem so my boundaries would probably be limitless. If City made it to even the Carling Cup final next year, I would pay whatever it took to be there. Likewise if we made it to the Prem I would probably give up my own footballing "career" to get to every game.

I remember our first season in the Championship, despite not being on a great wage, I sacrificed a lot of things to make as many away games as possible.

And to answer the question, I have paid 484 US dollars upfront for a conditional world cup final ticket this year - conditional on England getting there, so it's fair to say I fully expect to get the $484 back in late July! (Am also expecting to get back the ticket money for the semis, and potentially the quarters and last 16 games too)

Agree if you're talking about England home games (although the Poland game last October had a really good atmosphere, probably the best of all the England games since Wembley reopened), but the away trips are still worth the effort and expense IMO.

The Euros in ;Ukraine were enjoyable 2 years ago (particularly the opening game in Donetsk, when the band were barred from taking their instruments in), some of the away qualifiers in recent years have been decent (Moscow in 07, the two games in Zagreb and the two games in Podgorica all had really good atmospheres) and a world cup in Brazil will be a once in a lifetime experience.

Hotel in Moscow was full of the types who always have spare seats on trains and think everybody else is riff raff. Changed the tune when a crew of Locomotive Igor came storming in the bar only to find BS3 did Bruce Lee better.

How easy for Estonia away do you reckon for my first England away trip?

Difficult one to call. The FA will get around 1,000 tickets (same allocation as in 2007), so if you're applying through Englandfans you'll almost certainly go into the 30% ballot.

Failing that I'm sure you'll be able to pick one up locally - loads did this in 07 and I don't think many paid over the odds (and demand will be probably lower this time).

Always the Bridesmaid made a good suggestion in a previous thread:

"Everybody should be allowed in free but pay to get out.

We could pay what we thought was the just amount according to the performance on the pitch."

Archived