IGNORED

Survival And Perspective...

spudski

It's great we are not going down and people are feeling happy...

SC has come in and achieved survival...objective done.

However...I think we have to put things into perspective and not see it as so black and white....and start thinking about what is yet to come....

SC came in and had some indifferent results to start with... Good and bad...which is normal with incoming Managers.

We had an awful January...No wins...3 draws...3 losses.

SC used the opportunity in January to bring players in...the purse strings were released for him.

He brought in 5 loans, most older experienced pros...ages 33, 23, 26, 28 and 35... and signed a 29 year old, on a 3 and half year deal.

Since then... as should be expected with the experience we have here now...results have improved.

So SC has achieved the 'Short term' goal of survival.

SC has also been contracted on a 3 and half year deal.

So lets see how we now kick on him under him.

Regardless of what went on before SC's arrival...it has been a short term fix again.

How good we do next season is all going to depend on who is released and who we keep.

We are stuck with El Abd's long contract on very good wages. He's been awful for us...and I can't see him playing for the first team again...so unless we can find a team to pay a few grand towards his wages and go on loan...then he's going to take a big chunk out of the salary for next season.

As I understand it... Barnett is a pretty much a done deal...I wish it wasn't...he's yet to prove himself here.

Paterson is seen as a replacement for Baldock...who will have interest, and would be released if the fee is good enough.

Wade Elliott is 35...but has been damn good, as expected at this level. I'd love to have him here next season...but again a years contract would be a short term fix.

Nosworthy is 33...again good at this level...but too old for me... we need to think of the future.

Cunningham will get interest and would most likely be released if the fee is good to release wage funds. I'm sure we could find someone on less wages to fill his role well.

Yes we have survived...but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

We've done it using loans, and old pros with experienced heads at this level...players towards the end of their careers.

Hopefully the board and manager will realise this...and we can kick on next season with some experience and youth.

I can see the squad sort of looking like this next season...

Moore/Fielding

Osborne....Williams... Another

Pack

Wagstaff  Kelly W Elliott  Cunningham/Another

Jet

Patterson/Barnett

With Maloney, Reid, Burns, Bryan, Wynter ( who is being primed as a wing back ) being part of the first team squad.  With Morrell pushing as well....

I see Gillett, Nosworthy ( maybe ), Flint, Fontaine, Carey, Pearson, M Elliott all being released or tried to be got rid of.

I'm really looking to seeing how we develop over the summer already...another rollercoaster ride with BCFC again...hopefully this time around we've learned from our mistakes and don't just go for a season to season approach.

COYR's

Why do so many consider Barnett to be a done deal?

We have first refusal at an agreed fee. We are not obligated to sign him in any way.

For me, he hasn't shown anywhere near enough, but if Cotts has, then that is the only reason that we would sign him.

The most negative, backward thinking post I've read on this forum. It sounds like you would love the club and especially Steve Cotterill to fail.

Really?

Have you not been here very long?

I think he makes some decent points, although I don't agree with all of what he says, and I really hope he's wrong about Barnett being a done deal.

Really?

Have you not been here very long?

I think he makes some decent points, although I don't agree with all of what he says, and I really hope he's wrong about Barnett being a done deal.

It just seems everything is taylored to have a dig at Cotterill and the board mate, thats all.

I don't know why I bother on here sometimes...you can never have a decent debate. :grr:

It's either he's shit...or he's ******* brilliant... regarding managers or players...no one ever gives any balance.

No way in my thread did I have a go at SC...I just pointed out the facts...everyone seems to miss them when it suits.

El Abd has been given a 3 and half year contract to spread out the large wages.

Given a two year contract...it would have been almost double what he's on.

It's his swan song contract at the end of his career...he has no incentive to do well here...he can swan along as he likes and take the money...he's a one Club man, like Carey,

Make of it what you will...but he's done here.

Didn't make the squad today like I said he wouldn't...unless a big turn around happens...not in form...but other...then he won't play in the first team again. Most likely loaned out if someone will pay part of his large wage.

I said Gillet wouldn't be in the squad...he wasn't...he isn't in our plans.

I said Barnet would play...he did...done deal unless clause put in.

If you don't like what I say on here...stick me on an ignore button...only trying to put a few things out their.

Actually...**** it...don't think i'll bother anymore...Given it two goes now...that's enough...throwing the toys out the pram so to speak...haha...but this forum used to be good for debate...now no longer so...it's not fun anymore...good riddance I hear some say... Oh well...So long... :P  COYR's

It's great we are not going down and people are feeling happy...

SC has come in and achieved survival...objective done.

However...I think we have to put things into perspective and not see it as so black and white....and start thinking about what is yet to come....

SC came in and had some indifferent results to start with... Good and bad...which is normal with incoming Managers.

We had an awful January...No wins...3 draws...3 losses.

SC used the opportunity in January to bring players in...the purse strings were released for him.

He brought in 5 loans, most older experienced pros...ages 33, 23, 26, 28 and 35... and signed a 29 year old, on a 3 and half year deal.

Since then... as should be expected with the experience we have here now...results have improved.

So SC has achieved the 'Short term' goal of survival.

SC has also been contracted on a 3 and half year deal.

So lets see how we now kick on him under him.

Regardless of what went on before SC's arrival...it has been a short term fix again.

How good we do next season is all going to depend on who is released and who we keep.

We are stuck with El Abd's long contract on very good wages. He's been awful for us...and I can't see him playing for the first team again...so unless we can find a team to pay a few grand towards his wages and go on loan...then he's going to take a big chunk out of the salary for next season.

As I understand it... Barnett is a pretty much a done deal...I wish it wasn't...he's yet to prove himself here.

Paterson is seen as a replacement for Baldock...who will have interest, and would be released if the fee is good enough.

Wade Elliott is 35...but has been damn good, as expected at this level. I'd love to have him here next season...but again a years contract would be a short term fix.

Nosworthy is 33...again good at this level...but too old for me... we need to think of the future.

Cunningham will get interest and would most likely be released if the fee is good to release wage funds. I'm sure we could find someone on less wages to fill his role well.

Yes we have survived...but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

We've done it using loans, and old pros with experienced heads at this level...players towards the end of their careers.

Hopefully the board and manager will realise this...and we can kick on next season with some experience and youth.

I can see the squad sort of looking like this next season...

Moore/Fielding

Osborne....Williams... Another

Pack

Wagstaff Kelly W Elliott Cunningham/Another

Jet

Patterson/Barnett

With Maloney, Reid, Burns, Bryan, Wynter ( who is being primed as a wing back ) being part of the first team squad. With Morrell pushing as well....

I see Gillett, Nosworthy ( maybe ), Flint, Fontaine, Carey, Pearson, M Elliott all being released or tried to be got rid of.

I'm really looking to seeing how we develop over the summer already...another rollercoaster ride with BCFC again...hopefully this time around we've learned from our mistakes and don't just go for a season to season approach.

COYR's

Not so sure where we'll find "another " Pack or "another " JET !

Another idiot thread :(

Simple fact (not FACT!) - Cotterill has built on the squad left to him by O'Driscoll and has achieved a mid-table position. Credit where due to both of them.

But then I support BCFC, not this month's manager.

Another idiot thread :(

Simple fact (not FACT!) - Cotterill has built on the squad left to him by O'Driscoll and has achieved a mid-table position. Credit where due to both of them.

But then I support BCFC, not this month's manager.

Improve upon O'Driscolls squad?

Jesus

Spudski.. Now is not the time to be a doom laden monger of war.. 

Sure ask questions, provoke debate if you think there are pertinent points to discuss, but bloody hell this threads depressing

[smugmode]

erm in other news, I was right, AGAIN!

[/smugmode]

Ermmm yes, you are right. I was right yet again...it's not about being smug...it's about sharing...

However im over this now...thought i could put a few things out their..but  I keep getting pished on...so I give up.

What sums this forum up right now, is the fact fans (4500 views approx.) would rather view a discussion based on the gas being relegated than our own future,,,,very sad....

I don't know why I bother on here sometimes...you can never have a decent debate. :grr:

It's either he's shit...or he's ******* brilliant... regarding managers or players...no one ever gives any balance.

No way in my thread did I have a go at SC...I just pointed out the facts...everyone seems to miss them when it suits.

El Abd has been given a 3 and half year contract to spread out the large wages.

Given a two year contract...it would have been almost double what he's on.

It's his swan song contract at the end of his career...he has no incentive to do well here...he can swan along as he likes and take the money...he's a one Club man, like Carey,

Make of it what you will...but he's done here.

Didn't make the squad today like I said he wouldn't...unless a big turn around happens...not in form...but other...then he won't play in the first team again. Most likely loaned out if someone will pay part of his large wage.

I said Gillet wouldn't be in the squad...he wasn't...he isn't in our plans.

I said Barnet would play...he did...done deal unless clause put in.

If you don't like what I say on here...stick me on an ignore button...only trying to put a few things out their.

Actually...**** it...don't think i'll bother anymore...Given it two goes now...that's enough...throwing the toys out the pram so to speak...haha...but this forum used to be good for debate...now no longer so...it's not fun anymore...good riddance I hear some say... Oh well...So long... :P COYR's

You tone and intent of your op was very anti SC. It seems you can't get over the fact that you like other City fans who think they have more intelligence then other City fans was taken in by SOD modern way of coaching. Get over it. SOD was a terrible mistake for this club and the board made the right decision to get rid.

SC as come in and have done a great job. Winning games and also playing some decent stuff in the process. There is no reason why we can't improve next season and move forward.

It seems some of SODs disciples need to have a sense of perspective .

Archived