IGNORED

Play Carey

Carey 6

Let's be honest - he only managed to break John Atyeo's record because Cotts brought him on as sub to play 5 minutes in midfield. He has been a good player for City but he has been a bit part player for the last two seasons. His wage bill should have been spent on someone who could make a real contribution to the team.

I always think it's sad not being able to say a goodbye and Thankyou to some players who leave, only really doing so if they return with their new team, in recent years Orr, Matt Hill for example.

It would be a nice gesture for Carey but I'm not really sure it would be right. He has played so little this season, it's almost like he has gone already. He has had his testimonial, broke the appearance record. Maybe just bow out quietly and leave it at that.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he gets to stay on in some capacity at the club anyway.

Would be a sentimental touch to see off a player I first saw play when I was 14 - on the same day as we bid the East End fair well, too.

Do have to be professional towards the other clubs down there, though.

Think it's sad, in the day where it's rare to have a player play 600 odd times for one club, that respect isn't a given.

City rather messed this up thanks mainly to the carey lovers obcession with him reaching that record.

If you hadn't persisted so much in pressuring cotterill into playing him in what was a rather joke cameo substitution appearance then he could have been given a proper record breaking

send off in the last home game against crewe with a pre match guard of honour more worthy of his achievement.

Archived