IGNORED

Play Carey

Carey 6

Carey should have left 2 years ago

Absolutely agree, and after all the arguments on here surely even his most ardent fans must now accept that it's been at least one season too many.

Cotts. knew when he arrived it was expected he would play Carey in order for him to take the record so got that complication out the way as soon as possible so he could concentrate on picking his best match day squad.

Carey's not good enough for the first team and certainly shouldn't be picked again on sentiment.

Absolutely agree, and after all the arguments on here surely even his most ardent fans must now accept that it's been at least one season too many.

Cotts. knew when he arrived it was expected he would play Carey in order for him to take the record so got that complication out the way as soon as possible so he could concentrate on picking his best match day squad.

Carey's not good enough for the first team and certainly shouldn't be picked again on sentiment.

Why not for a nothing game at the end of the season?  a goodbye, rather tan just disappearing.

Seems like your dislike for him would allow yo to completely dismiss him from our history.

Personally I think a guy  who has highest appearance record, who has broken his nose, skull and other nasties deserves better than "Carey's not good enough for the first team and certainly shouldn't be picked again on sentiment."

And as for Monkeh's crap, lets remember why he left in the first place, and take a looks at the guy who employed a ex England international on massive wages who gave nothing fort  he club, yet refused to pay the club club captain, and local lad, some extra money, on the basis he thought he could piss all over the locals, due to their love for the club.  Shows a sad piss take on the part on the owner rather than anything bad on Carey.

Either way, and he isn't my favorite player for city by a long chalk, but he deserves better than many of you are willing to give him.

Rant over.

Why not for a nothing game at the end of the season?  a goodbye, rather tan just disappearing.

Seems like your dislike for him would allow yo to completely dismiss him from our history.

Personally I think a guy  who has highest appearance record, who has broken his nose, skull and other nasties deserves better than "Carey's not good enough for the first team and certainly shouldn't be picked again on sentiment."

You're lowering the tone and making it personal TRL, so I'll make this my last post on the subject.

For what it's worth I've never disliked Carey - I've argued for at least 2 years that he shouldn't be getting another contract based on his diminishing appearances over several seasons.

My argument stands or falls on that alone. There's no such thing as a nothing game and nobody EVER deserves to be picked on sentiment.

Many players have had numerous injuries playing for City, so he's hardly unique there.

Scott Murray undoubtedly had a contract too many, Carey two imo., and now he's got the record there's really no need to even consider including him when very obviously other players are more worthy of a place.

If you're going to make end of season changes, and no relegation issues depend on the game then far better to look to the future and give someone like Batten a game if he's up to it ( like Reid against Hull a few years ago) rather than looking to be sentmental about a player who has already had about the most memorable send off imaginable.

So loyal he left on a free for more money to Coventry

You mean where he played twenty odd games and then returned to play a further 300+ games for us?! Yeah god forbid a player made a mistake and god forbid he realised it and came back and stayed back!

Personally, and I've seen him play over many years, I don't think he's any worse than what we have now. Older and slower, but his game was always about heart, skill and guile.

Always consistently good, and always gave his all. His experience and leadership was instrumental in getting the best out of players around him, and henceforth our club.

Now that he is ending his career, it would be nice if we could show some respect to this player, but then again, perhaps our disrespect for long serving players only goes to  show the footballing professionals that they should just take the money whenever they can, as loyalty, apears to only be acceptable if coming from one side.

Enter Louis Carey. This weeks scapegoat.

Sir, with the beard, I salute you, thanks Babber.

Assistant kit man? Oh we will find him a role no doubt, maybe join the gas, so i heard

What - working with Scott Murry?  They would be the new Ant & Dec.

Archived