IGNORED

Update From The Boardroom

WolfOfWestStreet

So, appointing a CEO who has worked at Forest and Wednesday(as was highlighted in the email) is a good thing then?

I do believe it maybe a step in the right direction...but will one mans voice carry any weight?

Either way...it's a good decision imho.

Ok then, I guess I'll be the one to raise some questions over this piece.

The email is like what you hear at Amateur Sports Clubs (& Glos CCC) AGMs where you spend the evening listening to The Committee thanking each other when the season on the field has been an abject failure!

I was a little stunned at the high degree of self-flattery and success they seem to be levelling at themselves in this mailing.

Lets break it down.

1 - Recruitment

So the team v Notts County had an average age of between 25 and 26, thereby justifying the recruitment policy of signing predominantly under 24's with re-sale value.

Well, the facts are that the average age was 25.8 - much closer to 26 than to 25.  Also, put in perspective, this is actually quite an old average - the oldest starting line up in League 1 this season is 28.55, the youngest 21.64.  Based on midpoint ranging of those 2 extremes, our team v Notts is 103% of the league average.

I read this far and thought, "Why has Harry chosen the mid-point unless he is trying to skew the data in his favour?"

Surely the average squad age is not necessarily the mid-point of extremes? I thought I'd look it up for myself and am guessing that this is the website used?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/league-one/altersschnitt/wettbewerb_GB3.html

Sure enough Crewe consistently have the youngest squad, which is to be expected, they are after all a nursery feeding several clubs, if not the entire football league.

The older squads fluctuate between Bradford, Port Vale and Notts County.

My suspicion is that the majority of squads are older than the mid-point of the extremes and statistically it is not accurate to use this as a benchmark.

I'll make it a mini-project to investigate and get back to you.

Before I get the usually otib question, "And your point is?" , my point is; it is easy to make data say what you want it to, but facts simplistically represented are not always an accurate representation of the truth.

OK so I have had a look and this page of the same website gives each teams average squad age

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/league-one/gruendungsdaten/wettbewerb_GB3.html

The average of those is 24.58 as opposed to Harry's mid-point of 25.10 which would make his point more valid so ignore my post above.

Although..... that is squad age and not starting line up age so we are not comparing apples with apples.

I'll keep investigating.

Maybe I should sleep more...

Because it is moaning, it is a pathetic , it is like all you want is to complain at everything the club does. You have no faith in the board, `i have no faith in fans like you. All you seek is to complain and moan, add no value to any argument. Your life is not complete unless you can moan at something. If it was easy, all would be doing it. So what is your suggestion ? Tell me how you would do it different ? Where is your money ? If you are so brilliant, call SL, take over the club, and run it it. We are all waiting . I wish you luck, and cannot wait to hear about your funding and strategy plans.

Hahahahaha pathetic. Are you one of life's yes men by any chance!

Hahahahaha pathetic. Are you one of life's yes men by any chance!

BillyWedlock aka Paul Hembery the guy from Pirelli in charge of F1 tyres a yes man? Now that's hilarious.

If only we didn't hide behind our avatar anonymity.

My name is Paul Willems btw. I'm 47. I'm nobody.

BillyWedlock aka Paul Hembery the guy from Pirelli in charge of F1 tyres a yes man? Now that's hilarious.

If only we didn't hide behind our avatar anonymity.

My name is Paul Willems btw. I'm 47. I'm nobody.

Hmmmmm I might have got that wrong then!!!!

Archived