IGNORED

Martin Paterson

skinner05

Any chance you'll take him off our hands permanently?

Please :fingerscrossed:

He hasn't been that bad for us actually.

Obviously, you can see he isn't match fit just yet, be he runs his socks off, and he is a clever player.

Possibly not the striker we are looking for to partner Baldock next season, if he stays, but he is a tidy player, and I wouldn't mind to see him come here, as long as it was a cheap deal.

He's a trier. Only got the one goal but set up a few with his positive running. He was good for Burnley in the championship I'm surprised he hasn't got a place in your squad, I'd be happy to see him join in the summer.

Last summer we signed Vaughan, Paterson, Stead, Lopez and Carr. Then in January we also signed Wells

We have spent the last two/three months of the season playing with the diminutive Wells up top on his own. We sent Stead, Paterson and Lopez out on loan despite Vaughan being out for the season with a knee injury. The fact Robins did that shows he was desperate to try and get someone to take them off our hands this summer

He hasn't lacked effort but in front of goal, he's been poor. Yesterday, he had a good chance which required a left foot shot but instead he shot with his right and the ball went predictably wide of the post. In other games, he's wasted good opportunities.

I think I'd wait to see who is available at the end of the season before committing to him.

He hasn't lacked effort but in front of goal, he's been poor. Yesterday, he had a good chance which required a left foot shot but instead he shot with his right and the ball went predictably wide of the post. In other games, he's wasted good opportunities.

I think I'd wait to see who is available at the end of the season before committing to him.

Would rather sign Freeman than him, if possible.

Last summer we signed Vaughan, Paterson, Stead, Lopez and Carr. Then in January we also signed Wells

We have spent the last two/three months of the season playing with the diminutive Wells up top on his own. We sent Stead, Paterson and Lopez out on loan despite Vaughan being out for the season with a knee injury. The fact Robins did that shows he was desperate to try and get someone to take them off our hands this summer

That explains it then! Remember Vaughan tearing us a new one last year. I thought you'd finish higher this year if I'm being honest, Clayton is a class act, we'll take him on a free I'm sure!

How's Stead been for you? Disappointing?

That explains it then! Remember Vaughan tearing us a new one last year. I thought you'd finish higiher this year if I'm being honest, Clayton is a class act, we'll take him on a free I'm sure!

Vaughan was top scorer in the league by November. Hardly played a game since. He'd be a premier league player if he wasn't so injury prone

Clayton is our best player but sounds like he can be a dick in the dressing room. Paterson knocked him out in training earlier this season with a swift jab

Would be a good player in this league with a decent preseason behind him.

That chance yesterday shows his quality in making the chance but then lack of composure with the finish.

Think if we signed him and he got a goal or two early in the season then he could easily get 15-20 goals for us.

He seems to me the sort of player who just needs the confidence of a couple of goals. I remember him scoring lots of goals for Scunny back in the day and his record at Burnley wasn't too shabby (was Cotts his manager there?)

Shocking, really bad. He's a shadow of the player he was, amazing how quickly he has lost it.

Its funny you say that I thought it was only us that signed players and when they got here turned into a pile of .....

When Johnson was in charge of us he was always looking for that elusive striking partner for Maynard but he never seemed to find one perhaps its not the players but how they are being coached and told to play

Its funny you say that I thought it was only us that signed players and when they got here turned into a pile of .....

When Johnson was in charge of us he was always looking for that elusive striking partner for Maynard but he never seemed to find one perhaps its not the players but how they are being coached and told to play

Adebola and Maynard was a great paternship

He started well but has struggled of late.

I think there is definitely a league one striker in him if he regains confidence.

Even if Baldock and JET stay we still need an alternative up front, the question is can we find a better one than him?

Anyone that thinks Paterson isn't good enough is mad. When he has played in a front three with baldock and jet, they have been a nightmare for opposition and it has been part reason for baldock's regular goals. That from three would frighten championship teams and I for one hope we sign him on a free and keep baldock and jet.

Cross fingers none of our best players leave on the summer

His goal scoring record prior to joining City is approx 1 goal every 4 games - i e 11 / 12 per season. You wouldn't sign him if you want a prolific scorer but you might if you want a fast player who contributes to the build up and helps another player (e g Baldock) score.

The disadvantage is he's not very tall and a better option might be bigger player who could provide a better threat in the air.

Shocking, really bad. He's a shadow of the player he was, amazing how quickly he has lost it.

Umm, errr, he spent two years at City losing it!  Not that quick.

He went from very willing trier who couldn't score to trier who couldn't score.  Loved by all at City though as he ran around a lot.

Archived