IGNORED

Martin Paterson

skinner05

I know this is a Paterson thread but im suprised so many people think we will keep baldock . Don't get me wrong happy to eat humble pie come Aug. But top league scorer nd one year left .

Happy to sign Paterson if cheap otherwise rather us to splash out on a big powerful striker with pace for a foil for jet .

From a Burnley fan's perspective. Paterson was a popular player who gave everything. Opinion was quite sharply divided when he chose to leave at the end of last season, not least because it was seen as an indication that we couldn't compete when it came to wages. He was injured for half our PL campaign and never quite looked up to that level although he put in one or two good performances playing in wide positions. His limitations are obvious - poor first touch, will never beat anyone on the ground - but he made a huge contribution to our last promotion including a stupendous goal in the play off semi final. My advice would be to keep if you can because he will give opposition defences no peace and with a full season will get you at least 15 goals in League1.

From a Burnley fan's perspective. Paterson was a popular player who gave everything. Opinion was quite sharply divided when he chose to leave at the end of last season, not least because it was seen as an indication that we couldn't compete when it came to wages. He was injured for half our PL campaign and never quite looked up to that level although he put in one or two good performances playing in wide positions. His limitations are obvious - poor first touch, will never beat anyone on the ground - but he made a huge contribution to our last promotion including a stupendous goal in the play off semi final. My advice would be to keep if you can because he will give opposition defences no peace and with a full season will get you at least 15 goals in League1.

El abd... Quality CB... Rock solid.... Interested?

For me the thing that has impressed me with Patterson is the ability to link the midfield and the attack well. His effort has been very good since he has temporarily joined, the question for me is would he carry on with the same work ethic if he was rewarded with a contract or would he get complacent. As mentioned by somebody, I think he has been part of the reason for Baldocks goals recently because of his movement off the ball created more space for Baldock. He's got into some good positions and needs to put a couple more away, but I think that would come with a bit more confidence.

For me the thing that has impressed me with Patterson is the ability to link the midfield and the attack well. His effort has been very good since he has temporarily joined, the question for me is would he carry on with the same work ethic if he was rewarded with a contract or would he get complacent. As mentioned by somebody, I think he has been part of the reason for Baldocks goals recently because of his movement off the ball created more space for Baldock. He's got into some good positions and needs to put a couple more away, but I think that would come with a bit more confidence.

Hum. I say put a gap in his teeth and give him a cheeky grin and you got yourself a Liam Robinson Mark II.

Ishmael Miller scored 10 goals in 19 games for the worst team in the league above us, despite plenty of people saying he would be no good for us, he would score a hatful in League one.

The same Ishmael Miller who essentially walked out on Yeovil during their relegation scrap? We've had enough of the overpaid bad attitude type over the years for me, thanks.

Ishmael Miller scored 10 goals in 19 games for the worst team in the league above us, despite plenty of people saying he would be no good for us, he would score a hatful in League one.

He looked good playing for Yeovil but unfortunately his record at other clubs is poor. Prior to joining Yeovil he scored 23 goals in 149 matches which equals approx 7 per season. This was at Championship level, but still nothing special

The same Ishmael Miller who essentially walked out on Yeovil during their relegation scrap? We've had enough of the overpaid bad attitude type over the years for me, thanks.

in fairness i think anyone (bad attitude or not) would've walked out or had a row with any manager if he told them they couldn't go home, which is essentially what GJ said to Miller. Something about GJ questioning why he travelled back to his home in Nottingham after losing a game.

in fairness i think anyone (bad attitude or not) would've walked out or had a row with any manager if he told them they couldn't go home, which is essentially what GJ said to Miller. Something about GJ questioning why he travelled back to his home in Nottingham after losing a game.

In fairness to GJ I believe it was the fact that Miller went home after being subbed at half time rather than stay and support his team mates from the sidelines.

Is that the sort of player we want at our club!

Not for me it ain't.

Last summer we signed Vaughan, Paterson, Stead, Lopez and Carr. Then in January we also signed Wells

We have spent the last two/three months of the season playing with the diminutive Wells up top on his own. We sent Stead, Paterson and Lopez out on loan despite Vaughan being out for the season with a knee injury. The fact Robins did that shows he was desperate to try and get someone to take them off our hands this summer

Hmmmmmm. Playing a diminutive striker as a lone attacker. That sort of reminds me of someone....

Archived