IGNORED

Please Not Birmingham!

Anglia Red

With all the hype that has followed Wolves in our league this season I sincerely hope Birmingham pull clear of the relgation zone. Blackpool Millwall Donny Barnsley and Yeovil would not be big clubs for our league, but if Birmingham come down all the attention and most matches shown by Sky will focus on them, Here's hoping they scrape survival in the championship. 

With all the hype that has followed Wolves in our league this season I sincerely hope Birmingham pull clear of the relgation zone. Blackpool Millwall Donny Barnsley and Yeovil would not be big clubs for our league, but if Birmingham come down all the attention and most matches shown by Sky will focus on them, Here's hoping they scrape survival in the championship.

Although on the positive it will take some of the pressure off of us, somewhat like our last promotion season when Forest were classed as the big team!

That's exactly what we thought in 1989.  Birmingham were relegated from the then 2nd Division and we thought they would take the third division apart.  As it turned out we did the double over them, thanks to a Bob Taylor overhead kick in the final minute at Ashton Gate and an outstanding 4-0 win at St Andrews, the highlights of which are on YouTube.  Didn't stop us going up.

• Admin

Birmingham are a club in crisis on and off the pitch, their crowds are shrinking by the week.

They wont be a threat on the pitch until all this turmoil with the owner is sorted and as he seems very reluctant to let go of his connections don't expect anything other than another season of misery and struggle from the Blues

lose wade and we can kiss goodbye to any hope next season

and add nyron to that list too

That's quite a big call given that THIS season hasn't even finished yet! Let's see who we actually do sign before we write off our chances for next season

As for Brum, I think they could be in serious trouble of they come down, but I'd much prefer Donny to come down as it's an easy away match for me! Chesterfield getting promoted and Barnsley getting relegated was the best thing that happened over the weekend!!!

That's quite a big call given that THIS season hasn't even finished yet! Let's see who we actually do sign before we write off our chances for next season

As for Brum, I think they could be in serious trouble of they come down, but I'd much prefer Donny to come down as it's an easy away match for me! Chesterfield getting promoted and Barnsley getting relegated was the best thing that happened over the weekend!!!

If Donny come down maybe they'll appoint a new manager - SOD?

Bet he'd be successful too!

lose wade and we can kiss goodbye to any hope next season

and add nyron to that list too

Nonsense.

I would like us to sign Wade Elliott but there are plenty of others out there who are similar players and will be available this summer. Everyone knows that none of the previous managers tried to sign an attack minded midfielder and we've been crying out for one since Hartley went but I am confident Cotts will address this. As for Nyron I like him a lot but I don't think his signing is a priority.

On a purely selfish note this would be ideal for me to, 3 local ish games.

They sure have another easy one to get to, although my user name should now be North East Lincs Red as I now live near Cleethorpes.

I'm in Sheffield so Scunny's only about 40 min in the car so not too bad for me. Just a shame that Sheff Wednesday didn't go down!

Bring 'em on.

If we are going to be good enough to escape this league, we need to worry about ourselves, not who we play.

Besides; Brum are about as far from Wolves in terms of financial clout, quality of manager (though realise that might change) and squad strength (especially considering the cost cutting they'd have to implement) as they could possibly be.  

I mean, just look at us and Sheffield United; we're both were meant to be 'Big Clubs' for this division, yet spent the best part of the season in the lower half of the division.  

At least we've both had our 'trial-by-fire'; Brum won't know what's hit them if they end up in this God-forsaken league.

Archived