IGNORED

Gj Next Season

Eco

How ambitious can they realistically be? Never gonna top 10k attendance in their dreams. They just can't create enough turnover.

Consistent mid to higher league 1 is about the best they can regularly hope for I'd say with the odd promotion push here and there

Birmingham's a good call, he's a very good manager who nearly got us into the prem so he'll want a club with potential so he can try it again. It won't happen with Yeovil, as Martin O'Neill did with Wycombe he's taken Yeovil as far as they could go.

Dear oh dear.

Johnson is a one trick pony who has never been able to handle big named players and within weeks he'd be sacked just like he was at Posh and Northampton.

I'm afraid I'm with Robbored on this one.

He took Yeovil as far as he could, and then...

For "Yeovil" above substitute City.  So many short memories on here.  We were woeful at the end of his tenure, a side full of (mostly ex-Yeovil) players past their best or never good enough to start with, playing mindless hoofball.  There's only so far that motivation and bluster can take a side.  Once we lost our belief - around the early part of 2009, IIRC - then it was all downhill.

<<Prepares for backlash>>

I'm afraid I'm with Robbored on this one.

He took Yeovil as far as he could, and then...

For "Yeovil" above substitute City. So many short memories on here. We were woeful at the end of his tenure, a side full of (mostly ex-Yeovil) players past their best or never good enough to start with, playing mindless hoofball. There's only so far that motivation and bluster can take a side. Once we lost our belief - around the early part of 2009, IIRC - then it was all downhill.

<<Prepares for backlash>>

No acknowledgement for the budget GJ would have had to work to then for Yeovil, when he went was also somewhere we would love to be now.

Fans do have short memories .

No acknowledgement for the budget GJ would have had to work to then for Yeovil, when he went was also somewhere we would love to be now.

Fans do have short memories .

It was his failure to improve and invest that cost us our position in the Championship.

But I agree that given the budget at Yeovil, he's achieved miracles

It was his failure to improve and invest that cost us our position in the Championship.

Victim of his own success after that brilliant first season in the C'ship. 10th the next season was also a very good finish.

Eventually he did panic, he was inexperienced at that level and he was allowed to keep on spending/wasting money on loan players / permanent signings.

The players that got us up but weren't really good enough for the C'ship were also handed big money, lengthy contracts which was a ridiculous decision and seemed to take the edge off their performances thereafter.

Dear oh dear.

Johnson is a one trick pony who has never been able to handle big named players and within weeks he'd be sacked just like he was at Posh and Northampton.

How many of your dogs did he run over/wives did he shag/bonfires did he piss on, that you still harbour this much resentment given it's five years and 4 managers since he left. Make your peace, it'll feel good

Dear oh dear.

Yes we've had some brilliant managers since he left! cannot believe the ingratitude some show to GJ, brought us the best days in 40 years at AG yet some still snipe at him, was he doing your wife?

Dear oh dear.

Though I'm a Johnson fan, there is an element of trith in what you say. However, I don't think handling big named players was an issue at Posh and Northampton. He was fairly successful at Posh, but he had a disagreement with the chairman (who wanted Darren Ferguson back).  Northampton was a failure, but this happens to all managers.

um we got relegated 3 years after he left and 4 managers in that timne as well so I'm cvalling bollocks on that

Archived