IGNORED

Gj Next Season

Eco

Agree 100% with the first part of your post but disagree 100% with the second.

Not ever will Johnson change his management style. He behaved at Posh and at Northampton in exactly the same way he did at City. He learned sfa from his demise at AG.

He's exactly the same at Yeovil and already we've heard threats about leaving the club if the budget isn't increased. He's also fallen out with MIller and Madden. Nothing changes which is why I called him a one trick pony.

One trick successful pony would be a better description.

Sacked from his last 3 jobs and has just been relegated. Not exactly 'successful' in my view.

A hefty percentage of football managers get sacked, he's done an unbelievable job with Yeovil, not sure how you can say otherwise.

Sacked from his last 3 jobs and has just been relegated. Not exactly 'successful' in my view.

Hold on... So you're asking people to accept that, despite results indicating the contrary, GJ wasn't one of our best managers in the last 40 years but at the same time you use the fact he's been sacked from his last 3 jobs because results were poor as evidence that he's rubbish?

My god where does that leave SOD a manager you lauded and described cerebral?

Sacked from his last 3 jobs and 35% overall win record compared to GJ's 41%.

But hey your support of previous managers has been the kiss of death, so what do you know?.

My god where does that leave SOD a manager you lauded and described cerebral?

Sacked from his last 3 jobs and 35% overall win record compared to GJ's 41%.

But hey your support of previous managers has been the kiss of death, so what do you know?.

Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one. When it comes to GJ, RR's opinion is utter shite.

And yet only one of his managerial stints (Northampton) could, realistically, be labelled a failure.

Why persist with this vendetta for so long?

Completely agree. Dick's obviously achieved the holy grail of top flight football, but Terry Cooper would have to go down as the greatest manager in my lifetime. Not just for what he did on the pitch, but all the other things you mention him doing off the field.

I've said many a time on here, we should have something at the ground named after Terry. If not a stand then one of the bars when the ground is refurbished.

That man is a genuine City legend.

hes already got a pub named after him near the ground mate!

what more do you want :laugh:?

And yet only one of his managerial stints (Northampton) could, realistically, be labelled a failure.

Why persist with this vendetta for so long?

His stint at Kettering early in his career ended Tinnion-style with him sat alone in the dugout following a heavy defeat. He recovered superbly from it.

Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one. When it comes to GJ, RR's opinion is utter shite.

Ever since the letters 'C O N F E R E N C E   M A N A G E R' were typed and the 'post' button was hit during GJ's infamous start with us pride has not been swallowed and the words 'I was wrong' have not been uttered.  Hence this on-going ridiculous debate about the overall value of GJ's contribution to City.

I'd like to see him have a crack at the Championship with a club of potential, he made a better job of keeping Yeovil up than was managed here last season.

His biggest error, imo, was not seizing the day during the January transfer window of 07/08.  Had we signed Maynard at that point, who knows?

Jordan was a traitor IMO, who became side tracked before the end what had been a glorious season, a season that petered out into an almost gutless surrender and another piss poor appointment in a historical long line of piss poor appointments, when he came back, having failed at his stepping stone in his dream to manage Scotland's national team.

I honestly don't know where to start...

...maybe by asking if you are actually serious?

I guess being headhunted by another club and leaving under your own volition for a better offer will give you the 'traitor' label in some eyes...

...please remind me... apart from Jordan, who was the last City manager that was good enough to find themselves in that position...

I guess being headhunted by another club and leaving under your own volition for a better offer will give you the 'traitor' label in some eyes...

...please remind me... apart from Jordan, who was the last City manager that was good enough to find themselves in that position...

Pulis!

Totally serious, it is my opinion and one I have always held, I have never known a more muted promotion atmosphere at AG and i've been to a few, I accept that part of that atmosphere was due to the sad death of Dean Horrix, but fuelled by the fact that we had surrendered the title we should have won to a team that had never been above us that season and of course our most bitter rivals.

To me it was yet another 'grass is greener' scenario that quickly unravelled when he realised that big promises that had been made to him, were a pack of lies, but to re-employ him was folly, he never ever looked comfortable in his second stint.

As for your last sentence if you believe some on here at least 2 of the last 3 managers would come back to bite us on the arse and the other one went back to Scotland.

Archived