IGNORED

If You Were The Manager.

CiderHeadDan

Alright, so there's been a lot of discussion about what people think Steve Coterill's plans for next season would be, so I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's opinions on what they personally would want. I think it's a very complex situation where each section has to compliment each other to work.

1) What formation would you play?

2) What tactics would you employ (your philosophy)

3 Who would you keep from the squad as it stands?

4) Players you would let go?

5) Area you think need improving the most?

6) Any players you like that you think would be a good signature?

7) Where would you expect to finish with all of your changes?

And any other things you can think of that could relate to this topic.

Alright, so there's been a lot of discussion about what people think Steve Coterill's plans for next season would be, so I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's opinions on what they personally would want. I think it's a very complex situation where each section has to compliment each other to work.

1) What formation would you play? 4-2-3-1 (Moore) Greg, Nyron, Oszy, Maloney, Holding mids Pack & Gillett, Wade, JET, Someone New (Freeman), Sammy.

2) What tactics would you employ (your philosophy) Free Flowing football, attacking, but well organised at the back.

3 Who would you keep from the squad as it stands? Everyone aprt from the below.

4) Players you would let go? El abd (terminate contract) Marv (with much regret) Carey (backroom staff)

5) Area you think need improving the most? Confidence. We have a great squad, sign patty once he get going he's brilliant.

6) Any players you like that you think would be a good signature? Freeman, Wade (1 year), Nosworthy (1 year), Patterson.

7) Where would you expect to finish with all of your changes? Top 8 somewhere.

And any other things you can think of that could relate to this topic. Thatchers gold needs to be sold in the ground.

1) What formation would you play? 4-2-3-1 (Moore) Greg, Nyron, Oszy, Maloney, Holding mids Pack & Gillett, Wade, JET, Someone New (Freeman), Sammy.

Isnt he on loan? be nice to keep him but with Cardiff going down would Marshall stay there? i think Marshall signed a long deal not so long back idiot, so hopefully we can keep Moore

1) What formation would you play? 4-2-3-1

2) What tactics would you employ (your philosophy) Solid Defence with creative free form attack

4) Players you would let go? All OOC Barnett JET

5) Area you think need improving the most? Wingers

6) Any players you like that you think would be a good signature? Freeman - Craig Dawson - Jordan Clarke - Jimmy Spencer - Ben Pringle and all our current loans apart from Barnett

7) Where would you expect to finish with all of your changes? Anywhere in the top 8

My starting line up would be;

Spencer

Freeman II W.Elliott II Baldock

Pringle II Pack

Cunningham II Williams II Osborne II Clarke

Moore

1) What formation would you play either 352 or 442 both seems to be working for us so I think why change it Moore Williams Osbourne Nosworthy Wade Pack Freeman Wagstaff JET Maguire Baldock
2) What tactics would you employ (your philosophy) Attacking But Solid in Defence 
3 Who would you keep from the squad as it stands? Everyone in current squad but players i list to go
4) Players you would let go? Marv sorry but its his time to go legend though, Carey to retire and become part of the staff, Fontaine, Not Renew either of Barnett or Paterson
5) Area you think need improving the most? A extra striker or two and making sure El Abd settles in during pre season because he could be good at this level 
6) Any players you like that you think would be a good signature? All are loans but Barnett or Paterson, Freeman and Jon Taylor both relegated and are good enough to play at a good league 1 level, Either Chris Maguire or Ishmael Miller on loan with view to permanents if possible or even both both proven goalscorers.

7) Where would you expect to finish with all of your changes? Play offs 

Formation :

4-2-3-1

Tactics:

Big lad up top with two flying wingers and a creative midfielder behind him. Quick build up play and containment defense.

Who I would keep:

A lot of them to be honest.

Who I would let go:

Stephen Pearson, Elliott Parish, Liam Fontaine, Louis Carey, possibly Brendan Moloney.

Areas I'd Improve:

All of them. If you aren't improving then you are getting worse.

Good Signatures:

Andy Carroll, or if being realistic either Jon Stead or Jamie Proctor.

Jonson Clarke-Harris, Jon Taylor, David Davis, Olafemi Illesanmi, Kyle Hammond.

Where We Would Finish:

Probably midtable in the first year, promotion in the second.

Seems like a very forward thinking Club.

Quote...

'The appointment came after less than a year working at the club in a non-football related capacity and despite his non-existent experience, famously pipped former France forward Jean-Pierre Papin to the role.

They offered a higher position for Papin, a role where he would manage all of the club like the young academy too. It would have been like a director of football. I only have responsibility over the first team.'

Get a manager in to manage....surround yourselves with coaches and a director of football who have worked in the game...seems logical to me.

1. 4-2-3-1

2. Like Southampton: press hard high up the pitch to win the ball back, try to retain it when we have it but without being afraid to play it forward quickly

3. Moore, Osborne, Williams, Nosworthy, Pack, Elliot, Gillet, Wagstaff, JET, Baldock + the young 'uns

4. All the out of contract players, plus I'd look for buyers for El Abd, Flint and possibly Cunningham & Moloney

5. Wide midfield

6. No idea, unfortunately. That Freeman from Stevenage could be useful.

7. If my typical performances on Football Manager are anything to go by, 24th. Steve Cotterill should be able to manage top 8, though.

Archived