IGNORED

Nlbr Bricking It?

Mahatma Coate

Sorry that you obviously didn't understand my post.

I think its hypocritical for the OP (or Gas in general) to whine about a pitch invasion at AG by City fans when they are bitching about being reported to the FA for a pitch invasion by Gasheads at Wycombe.

Yes but why pick on poor old "Rover"?

I think its hypocritical for the OP (or Gas in general) to whine about a pitch invasion at AG by City fans when they are bitching about being reported to the FA for a pitch invasion by Gasheads at Wycombe.

But there is a distinct difference between the pitch invasions, don't ya know?  City's was a pitch invasion by thousands of marauding hooligans (gert Shidheads) intent on killing women and children, whilst the Sags was a expression of relief from the best fans in the world celebrating probably the biggest result in their history (beating Wycombe to avoid relegation to the conference). Sheesh, get with the programme will ya.

The worst thing that can happen here is STBNLBR getting points deducted. No, hear me out..

If those pikey gypos are to be relegated, I want it to be based on their own failings. If they're relegated simply because of this, those inbred hoofwankers will bleat on about how unjust it was and irrelevant and how they're entitled their league status blah blah etc etc

I would gladly take a 3 point penalty on this seasons total if the same punishment were reflected on the Sags, as mentioned on their forum. In fact; make it 4 points...

The worst thing that can happen here is STBNLBR getting points deducted. No, hear me out..

If those pikey gypos are to be relegated, I want it to be based on their own failings. If they're relegated simply because of this, those inbred hoofwankers will bleat on about how unjust it was and irrelevant and how they're entitled their league status blah blah etc etc

Their failings would be in an inability to control their supporters but they'd bleat injustice whatever way they were relegated so it'd make no difference anyway.

Two major differences here, compared to their JPT 2007 'aggressive' as differentiated from 'passionate' pitch invasion is that firstly: the game was still in play thus disturbing the course of events and secondly, they were at somebody else's ground.  Now, I remember Wycombe Wanderers being voted the league's most friendliest club (closely followed by the sags themselves of course ;) ).  I don't know if they still hold that award but I think anyone who's ever been there wouldn't begrudge them it if they did.  Had R*vers conducted themselves like that at numerous other clubs then there would have been serious repercussions - as their previous form for this in 1996 demonstrated.  I don't know these days if, say, they'd been in the bottom tear at Millwall that they would have had the bare-faced gall to have done it.

Won't be a points deduction though, sadly :(

Both sides are pretty hypocritical in pretty much everything that gets said, let's be fair.

Both sides are pretty hypocritical in pretty much everything that gets said, let's be fair.

I don't see many City fans claiming that we are whiter than white even though I think we've got a lot more to be proud of. When Gasheads talk about their support, very often, they paint themselves as super passionate, loyal, law abiding fans, which of course, they're not. Their criticism of pitch invasions at AG was massively hypocritical in view of the fact that they had done the same thing at the Mem in 2007. Their fans were also the first to encroach on the pitch in the Sky televised derby in 1997.

A pitch invasion is a pitch invasion.

I don't see many City fans claiming that we are whiter than white even though I think we've got a lot more to be proud of. When Gasheads talk about their support, very often, they paint themselves as super passionate, loyal, law abiding fans, which of course, they're not. Their criticism of pitch invasions at AG was massively hypocritical in view of the fact that they had done the same thing at the Mem in 2007. Their fans were also the first to encroach on the pitch in the Sky televised derby in 1997.

A pitch invasion is a pitch invasion.

I think it is that "holier than thou" attitude from the sags that tends to get up the red half of the cities nose. We don't tend to hear anything from them about their fan's antics in Newport this season: iet the youtube video that shows them in the center of Newport singing "I'd rather be a p*k* than a t*ff"

I apologise in advance for my ignorance on this... but does it make a difference if you are invading your home pitch or the away pitch? 

I'll take this one and I have to disagree with my otib colleague.  

I would suggest that there is a significant difference between a one man band, for the sake of argument a streaker, entering the field of play 'for a laugh' during a pre-season friendly against, again, for the sake of argument Salisbury at home and 300 marauding visitors on the pitch at Millwall.  The difference being the consequences and the likelihood of inducing further public disorder.  

The sags, imo, were fortunate in as much as they were guests at Adams Park and not one of the less passive hosts these shores have to offer. Fortune that wasn't on their side in 1996. Had the natives taken more of an offence, serious disorder may well have occurred and R*vers would now be in deep shit.

But I'm happy to agree to disagree :) 

I would suggest that there is a significant difference between a one man band, for the sake of argument a streaker, entering the field of play 'for a laugh' during a pre-season friendly against, again, for the sake of argument Salisbury at home and 300 marauding visitors on the pitch at Millwall.  The difference being the consequences and the likelihood of inducing further public disorder.  

The sags, imo, were fortunate in as much as they were guests at Adams Park and not one of the less passive hosts these shores have to offer. Fortune that wasn't on their side in 1996. Had the natives taken more of an offence, serious disorder may well have occurred and R*vers would now be in deep shit.

But I'm happy to agree to disagree :)

Bloody hell, am I witnessing a difference in opinions without insults being thrown? On otib?!!?!

I would suggest that there is a significant difference between a one man band, for the sake of argument a streaker, entering the field of play 'for a laugh' during a pre-season friendly against, again, for the sake of argument Salisbury at home and 300 marauding visitors on the pitch at Millwall. The difference being the consequences and the likelihood of inducing further public disorder.

I read the original question to be if there is a difference 'in the eyes of the law'?

I agree with you WTFiGO. I was annoyed after the JPT match in Sept when social meda was full of sanctimonious ****ts slagging off City fans whilst making out Rovers fans were perfect in their conduct. The atmosphere at the game turned noticeably more volatile after their sorry little rabble of wannabe hoolies arrived 15 mins into the match and made a bee line for City fans in the Williams (knowing full well the couldn't reach their target). Out of sight of the TV cameras but in full view of the rest of the ground.

Acts like that and when some of them came on the pitch after Beadles equaliser in 96/97 doesn't excuse bad behaviour by City fans but it is really stupid behaviour that can ignite trouble. You cant 'give it large', like they do, and then complain about the consequences.

Invading the pitch is what sags do for a pastime as their players are so shit that they all think that they can play with more pride. They also love making V signs at "Sheeds", and because they can't be seen very well under the cover of the Eastend they have to spill onto the pitch and then proceed to blame City fans for starting it.

It all stems from the pitch invasion when Beadle scored the late goal for them and they stormed the pitch celebrating like they had won the Champions League and then the. City fans retaliated and the club got fined. They were at it again in the Paint Pot Cup, and so we took the mickey in this season's match. (I particularly enjoyed the guy who slid on his knees towards the sags Solskjaer style, and the guy who did a Klinsmann).

No doubt that come 4:50ish today they will be on the pitch celebrating again like it has been a day out at Wembley, or on the pitch tearing up the ground in an inferiority complex rage, before causing utter carnage in Gloucester Road as the Teddies come out the pram yet again.

Personally, I hope to record BBC local news on Monday night watching them all booing and balling their eyes out with the club getting fined for their abhorrent behaviour, but sadly it is likely to be scenes of them hugging each other, punching the air and saying that it's the best day since Ricky Lambert scored "That goal".

but sadly it is likely to be scenes of them hugging each other, punching the air and saying that it's the best day since Ricky Lambert scored "That goal".

And telling everyone that next year is their season and that there is a shift in footballing power in Bristol.

And telling everyone that next year is their season and that there is a shift in footballing power in Bristol.

A gasshole I was chatting to yesterday, reminded me that it was 24 years since they beat us at Trumpton.

I'd love it if 24 hours after their favourite date, they lost their league status.

It would have a certain symmetry. Even better if they lose 2-4 today.

I saw no problem with that pitch invasion, just a bit of passion which over spilled on to the pitch, we would have done exactly the Same.

I can remember brookers goal a few seasons back in the FIRST game of the season that sparked a pitch invasion in the last minute!!

Archived