IGNORED

Wes Burns

TBW

my user name relates to a roger malone commentary not wanting Junior to go ,he was a legend

He would've gone by the time Malone finished his sentence !!

If being very quick and having no end product makes a player a legend than so be it but over all JB was one of the most frustrating players ever to start regularly for City.

In the same mould as Ivan Sproule ,i'm afraid.

Wingers for me where Whitehead,Walshy,Gavin ,Smudger and early McIndoe .

He would've gone by the time Malone finished his sentence !!

If being very quick and having no end product makes a player a legend than so be it but over all JB was one of the most frustrating players ever to start regularly for City.

In the same mould as Ivan Sproule ,i'm afraid.

Wingers for me where Whitehead,Walshy,Gavin ,Smudger and early McIndoe .

you don't surely mean Dave Smith from c.1990??????  Pace to burn (and quite a solid unit, as well) - but a lot of his crosses landed in a tree/caught a bus/went into space as well!!!!!

I hope we don't ever go back to playing 'traditional' wingers...

Fine...bring a wide man on, and exploit with his pace later in a game, but I'm much preferring the type of football we've been trying to play of late.

3 1 2 3 1 is a much better formation imho, if we are going to try and accommodate JET.

Wing backs, holding midfielder and JET roaming with everyone else helping with defence and going forward.

That formation doesn't mean Sammy playing on his own up front either. In fact it gives you further options going forward.

I've always said our reliance in the past playing 'traditional' wingers has what's held us back.

One does wonder why with different mangers over the years, we've played that way....up until SoD's tenure in this league really when you look back.

It has crossed my mind, that perhaps a certain person at this Club likes to watch wing play....who knows...

Player don't just sign the first thing put in front of them wes included they always try and get more and more can't blame them.

Also if he is waiting to see if there are any offers in the summer that's down to him but there is only so long the club will leave the contract on the table before the offer is withdrawn.

Not bothered, If he wants to leave he can go as far as I'm concerned. He's got pace alright and he can whip in a decent ball but in his last few appearances you could see that opposition teams had figured him out. He's got nothing in his locker other than push it and go down the line. He also needs to get on the weights training during the summer to build him up a bit which will give him a great advantage coupled with his pace because at the moment he gets knocked off the ball too easily. I still don't understand peoples love in for him on here, I know he's only young and he's learning but to me he just looks average.

Let him go... Isn't all that anyway and we only want players here who REALLY want to be here...

On your bike son

Think that's a bit of a naive attitude in this day an age and one that would cost us quality. Players generally REALLY want to be where the best contract for them is combined marginally with potential game time.

I think it's naive, sadly, to think that any player REALLY wants to be at Bristol City just for the sake of being at Bristol City.

Think that's a bit of a naive attitude in this day an age and one that would cost us quality. Players generally REALLY want to be where the best contract for them is combined marginally with potential game time.

I think it's naive, sadly, to think that any player REALLY wants to be at Bristol City just for the sake of being at Bristol City.

It's a job...if the Gas paid more, they'd all be off to them...simple as that.

Fans get their loyalty mixed up with players attitudes.

Even a very eminent and most liked President of a Club suggested recently, at a meeting, that as a club they should join up with the Gas ( based on hear say ).

Football is business...

Archived